Which receiver is gone next year?

Hawks46

Reaction score
jlwaters1":ae2z2xot said:
hieroglyphics":ae2z2xot said:
You guys forgetting just how big Kearse has been for us in the big games?

I don't think Norwood is worth keeping over Kearse. Ultimately you want a guy who can make the big time plays when they count.
It's premature to make that call at this point. For all we know Norwood's going to have a breakout year. You might say that thought is ridiculous, but it wouldn't be any more ridiculous than what occurred with Kearse from year 1 to 2. If you recall, Most on here thought Kearse was sure to be cut after his 2nd training camp. Instead Wilson and coaches kept praising him and he a pretty significant year. Norwood is entering his 2nd year he should be significantly improved now that he has a year under his belt.

I'm also hoping Mathews can take his success in the SB and turn it into more reps in training camp and getting some chemistry with Wilson. Wilson likes to throw it up, and Matthews looks great at the jump ball. If Wilson starts to trust him, we could see our large WR finally break out on the roster.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
kearly":3bbm9lw7 said:
With so many smallish, thin build WRs, Seattle is probably forced to carry six WRs for the foreseeable future.

My guess for the 2016 WR corps: Baldwin, Lockett, Richardson, Kearse (if cheap), Norwood, 2016 Draft pick.

I think Matthews has to prove that he can do more than exploit midget corners. The catch is that even if Matthews is successful next season, he's an impending free agent, and he'd probably get more in FA than he would in Seattle. It's hard to envision a scenario where Matthews is good enough yet not too good to remain on Seattle's roster.

I think Ricardo Lockette needs to step it up in a big way on special teams if he wants to hang around.

Barring injury Matthews will be on the team . Lockett, Baldwin, Matthews, Kearse those are your locks . Richardson will be on the team but inactive.

Tical21

Reaction score
I could also see a scenario where Baldwin's attitude start to wear thin.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
88Hawk":2h0aupka said:
I'm new here, so go easy!

I'm intrigued to see how Norwood goes this year, I thought he looked pretty good in the (very) limited opportunities he got, he looked natural catching the ball I thought. I wonder whether the largest part of his limited time last year was due to that injury, was it his ankle?, that he had during TC and pre-season. He missed out on the chance to build a rapport with Wilson. I reckon he sees the field a fair bit more this year.
Welcome to .Net :2:

Well Kearse is back Baldwin and Richardson (PUP) are locks. I also view Norwood similarly to yourself. I get the feeling he could be a Largent type if he actually gets a full offseason. Our rook is a no brainer.

So who do you prefer Lockette or Matthews when Richardson gets back? Me? I prefer Matthews because he seems to have more upside in my opinion. I could be wrong though.

If we're talking 2016? Well that's going to get interesting because they may let ADB (I don't think it will happen but it's realistically possible) walk along with the more obvious (Lockette and likely Kearse). Losing Kearse will be painful because the man has grit and that's not just plug and play replaceable.