Which receivers make the roster?

chris98251

Reaction score
Off the top of my head not looking at all the names, McKissic, Lockett, Ursua, Reynolds, Ugo, Penny, can return Kickoffs.

Punting I think so far Lockett, McKissic, and Ugo off the top of my head who have done it in the Pros or regularly in college.

mikeak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3bfbx74g said:
John63":3bfbx74g said:
Sgt. Largent":3bfbx74g said:
chris98251":3bfbx74g said:
It may be as simple as who plays special teams, we have seen guys that have played decently get cut for a guy that can play on defense or offense but because he has a roll on special teams gets a roster spot, Lockette is a good example.

That's why I think Reynolds takes the final roster spot, and Ferguson and Ursua are signed to the practice squad.

For Sure
Lockett
Metcalf
Brown
Moore
Jennings
Reynolds

Practice Squad
Ferguson
Ursua

Released
Darboh
Turner
Wright

Maybe some injuries or guys REALLY pop over the next three weeks changes some of this, but after game #1, this is how I see it shaking out.

Ferguson had a great game last week, but as we've seen with guys like Kasen Williams, the pre-season isn't a great barometer of how other teams view players when they become available after being cut. They rely on their own scouting and needs

Disagree on how to view preseason

Seahawks didn't value Kaden (routes and blocking probably why) but he was signed (browns?) After the preseason. So others do look at it and value things differently which can be positive for the players

xray

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2hqe8ez3 said:
How about Jazz Ferguson?!

6'5", good hands, good route running

I think he might be better than Metcalf @ the end of the day. :snack:

xray

Reaction score
I really like Jazz...He should of been drafted IMO...if he gets enough targets the rest of preseason ; I think he joins the receivers room . other heads must roll to keep him. Moore would be gone and at least 1 or two other rookie WRs are gone too.

chris98251

Reaction score
xray":31hjzfm2 said:
I really like Jazz...He should of been drafted IMO...if he gets enough targets the rest of preseason ; I think he joins the receivers room . other heads must roll to keep him. Moore would be gone and at least 1 or two other rookie WRs are gone too.

Utrsua, Reynolds, Lockett, Jennings,Wright all vying for the slot, DK, Jazz, Darboh, Brown, Moore, Turner, for the outside. we keep six.

Throw out the special teams for now and I go with Brown, Jazz, DK, Lockett, Ursua, Jennings.

McGruff

Reaction score
I might put Wright in over Ursua or Jenning,
S, but we will have to see how that plays out.

jmahon316

Reaction score
chris98251":26qwrzb5 said:
xray":26qwrzb5 said:

Utrsua, Reynolds, Lockett, Jennings,Wright all vying for the slot, DK, Jazz, Darboh, Brown, Moore, Turner, for the outside. we keep six.

Throw out the special teams for now and I go with Brown, Jazz, DK, Lockett, Ursua, Jennings.

Come on man, how are you going to disrespect Ursua like that? If we don't keep him on the active roster, he'll be plucked by another team. I'd be willing to bet this post ages well too.

Edit: It's too soon to actually choose the full active WR roster but I know either Ursua stays on the active 53 or he goes to another team. Bank on it.

chris98251

Reaction score
jmahon316":1shozpln said:
chris98251":1shozpln said:
xray":1shozpln said:

Come on man, how are you going to disrespect Ursua like that? If we don't keep him on the active roster, he'll be plucked by another team. I'd be willing to bet this post ages well too.

Edit: It's too soon to actually choose the full active WR roster but I know either Ursua stays on the active 53 or he goes to another team. Bank on it.

Wishing people could read whole post.

jmahon316

Reaction score
chris98251":3w1acdhp said:
jmahon316":3w1acdhp said:
chris98251":3w1acdhp said:
xray":3w1acdhp said:

Wishing people could read whole post.

I was exaggeratedly referring to your mistype hence the bolded part of your post, just giving you shit. I sincerely stand by my second statement in my post though.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
It's pretty damn early in the preseason but IMO after the preseason games, the WR's on the roster are most likely.....

(53 man active roster?)
Lockett, DK, Ferguson, Ursua, Jennings & Moore. (3 outside WR's & 3 for slot + some outside)
I can see a 3 or 4 WR set with DK/Moore/Ferguson wide + Lockett/Jennings/Ursua in the slot. Good luck opponents.

Having Lockett & Moore as the only veterans may be a slight negative for the 1-st half of the season, but they, along with the coaching staff could and should be up to the challenge and can help the young ones improve their games as the season progresses. These WR's, being very young and talented should provide good targets for RW for many years.

(Practice squad)
Wright & Reynolds, + Possibly Turner.

(Trade for a late round pick?)
Brown (Perhaps Arizona wants him back?) -and/or- Moore may have some trade potential & late round value as well.

(Released outright or on IR, for the full season?)
Cut or IR'ed --- Darboh, + Possibly Turner?

Another *possibility* for maybe one of: **Brown or Moore**? If they are not cut or traded maybe gets a phantom injury and is put on half season IR, this would provide some insurance against poor performances from rookie(s), if they can call Brown or Moore up for the second half of the season. This would seem like a Seahawk type thing to do as they seem to hedge on all of their bets.)

Ferguson, Jennings & Ursua are on the bubble, but each has a very good shot in preseason to get a job & I think they make it. To be honest, I don't know much on Reynolds & Turner + I think Darboh is another guy that just can't stay healthy or available (like Procise).
:smilingalien:

jed2140

Reaction score
Of course I realize that much of what our coaching staff is assessing is in practices. However some guys are in game players and its their shot to make it happen with the lights on. I realize that you are trying to develop a balanced attack in preseason so you can see all phases of your team. However we know we have a good running attack. We know who our RB's are and who's making this team.
what we dont know is who our WR's are and who is making the team.

we need to throw the ball much more in these last two games to each of these guys get a shot to show us and the world who they are. What are we supposed to get from 20 poorly thrown Paxton passes? we need to throw and throw to get each of these WR's 4-5 or more targets per game. we have a ton of WR depth and a number of open spot.

I for one feel Terry Wright is the most underrated player in regards to what he could bring to the team. I need to see him getting balls all over the field, jet sweeps, screen passes, slants ect..
there should be a real battle between USURA, WRIGHT and REYNOLDS right now and they need to get the rock to show what they have. Jazz cant only have a few passes come his way in a game.
Are we not trying to see if its Jazz or Moore in essence? how do you do that if you throw the guy a few passes?

how do we asses Jennings with the volume of passes thrown his way this preseason? how do we determine if he can make the team when we throw one pass to him?

I truly hope we give these guys and especially Wright the opportunity to win the job. Maybe a guy like him is being hidden from other teams claiming him on their PS

toffee

Reaction score
Lockett
DK unless he’s hurt
Brown
Moore
Ursua
Jazz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

massari

Reaction score
4 rooks to open the season

Lockett
Brown
DK
Ursua
Ferguson
Jennings

Inj-Moore

PS-Wright, Turner(?)

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
My 6 after the Chargers game:

Lockett
Brown
Ursua
Metcalf
Jennings
Ferguson

(Maybe Turner for Jennings, as he plays ST very well.)

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2rce0lkk said:
My 6 after the Chargers game:

Lockett
Brown
Ursua
Metcalf
Jennings
Ferguson

(Maybe Turner for Jennings, as he plays ST very well.)

This is mine as well, with Ferguson being a strong MAYBE, and possibly cut once Moore is healthy again

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Moore getting hurt it opens the door for Ferguson if he hadn't I think he hits the waiver wire and gets picked up, IMO there undervaluing Ferguson . Opposing CB's can't cover him so it's a PI or a catch every time he gets the ball thrown his way.

Ursua well he's done well against lesser competition and I like him though not 100 percent sold on him. He will be on the 53 man roster because of ability to play slot and I think he has a chance to do well there.

Jennings I think he's just a guy I've seen nothing special at all from the dude . The Seahawks will probably keep him hopefully not over Jazz but the FO makes a mistake every year at WR.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ursua makes the team. Pats or Niners pick him off the practice squad if he is placed there.
Would rather Moore be IR’ed or cut.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1jwcvlh7 said:
Moore getting hurt it opens the door for Ferguson if he hadn't I think he hits the waiver wire and gets picked up, IMO there undervaluing Ferguson . Opposing CB's can't cover him so it's a PI or a catch every time he gets the ball thrown his way.

Ursua well he's done well against lesser competition and I like him though not 100 percent sold on him. He will be on the 53 man roster because of ability to play slot and I think he has a chance to do well there.

Jennings I think he's just a guy I've seen nothing special at all from the dude . The Seahawks will probably keep him hopefully not over Jazz but the FO makes a mistake every year at WR.

Ursua looks electric with the ball in his hands. One of those catches was on Desmond King who had the pick six against Russell last year at the Clink.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2qspbv7f said:
Ursua makes the team. Pats or Niners pick him off the practice squad if he is placed there.
Would rather Moore be IR’ed or cut.

You can't cut Moore but you can Ir him (they won't)

I think they should just eat it with Jennings. If we end up with 2 receivers we feel good about (Ursua and Ferguson) who cares if we spent a 4th rounder on Jennings. The competition allowed the best player to rise.

Ironically most teams only had a 6th round grade on Jennings anyway

Latest posts