Which remaining team yet to win a SB would be your choice

halfrack

Reaction score
From 1968 - 1975, the Bengals were my team. Still kinda root for em. My father was from there, needed to root for someone. My answer then is the Bengals.

The Radish

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1mqoedth said:
Vikings...

AP is THE best RB ever and with Bridgewater that offense should be just fine. ZImmer is a D Coordinator so I would imagine the D is looking to shape up instead of playing that old outdated tampa 2 D they have been playing forever.

Ever???

How far back do you remember? He's very good but hasn't played long enough to get that tag yet.

:les:

kidhawk

Reaction score
In another thread on what Super Bowl matchup I'd like to see if we aren't in it, I said I'd like Detroit vs. Jacksonville because neither have won one and both have a lot of Seahawk ties. If I had to narrow it even more I'd probably root for Jacksonville over Detroit at this point.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Browns would be nice, just because they've been bad for soooo long. 2nd choice would be the Bills. 4 time losers. And they're a "small-market" team like Seattle. I'd like to see them finally get one (not at Seattle's expense though).

lsheldon

Reaction score
Thank god were not on this list any more.

Wouldn't mind see win SB: Vikings (loved Fran Tarkenton & Ahmad Rashad)

Hope never win SB: Browns (just cause Manziel is a tool)

HawkWow

Reaction score
I saw some flashes of excellence from Newton this past year, but Carolina's window will be missed because of the Seattle Seahawks. With the youth (and excellence) of Foles and McCoy, I'd probably put the Eagles up top but we'd also have to slip for them to make that jump. It's just not looking very good for the other 31 right now, IMO.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Jags: Gus

Browns: Manziel

Bills: though to the poor children of 90s Africa they're the greatest dynasty in NFL history

Weadoption

Reaction score
49ers....cuz 1994 was long ago and that sucks.
Know what else sucks? getting trolled in line by Hawks fans for an hour waiting on 2 grams of bud.
all good now tho... :0190l:

kobebryant

Reaction score
Weadoption":1amcdztd said:
Know what else sucks? getting trolled in line by Hawks fans for an hour waiting on 2 grams of bud.

Fantastic. Hat tip, 9ers fan.

ctrcat

Reaction score
HawkWow":16vwe0ew said:
I saw some flashes of excellence from Newton this past year, but Carolina's window will be missed because of the Seattle Seahawks. With the youth (and excellence) of Foles and McCoy, I'd probably put the Eagles up top but we'd also have to slip for them to make that jump. It's just not looking very good for the other 31 right now, IMO.

Not sure what you mean about the Panthers window. Newton just turned 25 and Kuechly just turned 23. Those are decade+ cornerstones to build around.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Weadoption":367x90dt said:
LMAO. I wouldn't troll a Niners fan that didn't troll me in person.

Besides, while the Niners haven't done anything for decades, having the 80s was enough to last a while. If I was a Niner fan I would enjoy the other teams winning it. It would not bother me as much to not win it. I would just say "now do you understand why we are the way we are? "

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":acg5mhdi said:
loafoftatupu":acg5mhdi said:
I would just say "now do you understand why we are the way we are? "

Yet what percentage of them act that way?
Well... its just a shot of a guess, but I am going to say... oh I don't know.... ZERO.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":1n2fmdjz said:
I figure post SuperBowl is what most folks consider, otherwise the Cardinals, Browns and probably the Lions/Chargers already won championships.

Anytime you try bring up pre-Superbowl championships, people start to pooh-pooh those accomplishments. So to narrow down the considerations, I am just thinking of teams that haven't won a Superbowl.

Chargers - AFL Champions in 1963 and a team so good a lot of knowledgable football people think they could've beaten the NFL champion Bears that year. Coached by Sid Gillman, father of the modern passing game.

Lions - NFL Champions in 1932, 1952, 1953 and 1957.......with online help which I didn't need for the Chargers info. That said, my choice to win a Super Bowl would be.........

San Diego because they're my (distant to the Seahawks) number 2 team.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
ctrcat":2652obpy said:
HawkWow":2652obpy said:

Not sure what you mean about the Panthers window. Newton just turned 25 and Kuechly just turned 23. Those are decade+ cornerstones to build around.

His point is that Seattle is just as young as Carolina. And Seattle is better. Think of it this way: the Houston Oilers of the late 70s were a great team. They just couldn't get past the Steelers. Your guys are the Oilers to our Steelers (and boy are a lot of folks here going to love that analogy).

ctrcat

Reaction score
volsunghawk":gokwdgl8 said:
ctrcat":gokwdgl8 said:
HawkWow":gokwdgl8 said:

His point is that Seattle is just as young as Carolina. And Seattle is better. Think of it this way: the Houston Oilers of the late 70s were a great team. They just couldn't get past the Steelers. Your guys are the Oilers to our Steelers (and boy are a lot of folks here going to love that analogy).

Gotcha. I can see how some would like (or not) that analogy. After easily being the worst team in football the first year of this decade, to be in the conversation at this point is not a bad place to be. Many decisions from that era are still haunting the balance/depth of the 53 man roster even now. To have those cornerstones as well as others at least give a punchers chance this year and for many years. Newton and Kuechly will get paid but when rid of some awful contracts (ie running back), and continuing to draft studs like Lotulelei and Short at difficult to fill positions, the window will only open further IMO. It took Newton's neighbor Michael Jordan 7 years to win his first.

Latest posts