Which team will Bill Belichick coach in 2024 or 2025?

toffee

Reaction score
How much job security could 6 rings buy? Belichick's team is getting to be an embarrassment, with no end in sight. How long can he hold on to his job? If not, where will he go?

NoGain

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of pundits say that they will take the GM role away from him first. They have a lousy cast of talent now, have not drafted well. And BB's choices of coaches in recent years left a lot to be desired. We'll see. It's definitely a fast developing story line.

Vesuve

Reaction score
I think he'll retire from coaching and become a part-time analyst.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of pundits say that they will take the GM role away from him first. They have a lousy cast of talent now, have not drafted well. And BB's choices of coaches in recent years left a lot to be desired. We'll see. It's definitely a fast developing story line.
That would the smartest thing they could do if he's still interested in coaching and the same thing should be done with Pete if he isn't ready to step away.

Both have done too much for their respective franchises to just be fired with no grace.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Nothing to do with the Patriots, but how did Mike Mayock fail with the Raiders? That guy used to be the GURU of college drafts! He was the one that predicted Russell Wilson...

Jegpeg

Reaction score
He's 71 I can't see him wanting to start again with another team. He might do some part time analyst work. I also think that if was offered the HC roll but to have a GM come in he would decline and retire.

For the same reason I think Pete will retire if/when the "Fire Pete" brigade finally get their way even though I think more teams would want Pete as the HC in 2024 then Bill.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
He'd be the absolute worst broadcaster of all time . Hahahaha

Maybe it would be funny
There's where I think you're wrong. I've seen him as a guest on shows and he has a whole different side than you see at press conference team stuff. I think you're just buying into the stereotype he feeds. I think he's a much more nuanced guy than folks realize. I actually think he'd be as good as anyone on CBS currently.

RiverDog

Reaction score
He should get into broadcasting. I bet he'd be so much less stressed and sour all the time.
I'm not sure if he's cut out for broadcasting. He doesn't talk a lot, speaks when spoken to, gives short, simple answers. That's not what you want for a play-by-play or color man. You want guys like Al Michaels and Chris Collingsworth that are full of more chit than a Christmas goose and will never shut up. Now Pete Carroll would make a great commentator, as he's the polar opposite personality.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I'm not sure if he's cut out for broadcasting. He doesn't talk a lot, speaks when spoken to, gives short, simple answers. That's not what you want for a play-by-play or color man. You want guys like Al Michaels and Chris Collingsworth that are full of more chit than a Christmas goose and will never shut up. Now Pete Carroll would make a great commentator, as he's the polar opposite personality.
I still think most folks would be surprised. He's like a different guy in that studio setting. I was so shocked at the time, it's why I remember it so well.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I still think most folks would be surprised. He's like a different guy in that studio setting. I was so shocked at the time, it's why I remember it so well.
Could be. But it's one thing to have what is essentially a one-on-one conversation in an interview in a taped studio setting and having to talk nonstop to a live TV audience. It's a lot of work for those it doesn't come natural to, and Belichick gives me the impression that he's a little too laid back for the rapid fire dialog required for live TV broadcasting.

Boohman14

Reaction score
Could be. But it's one thing to have what is essentially a one-on-one conversation in an interview in a taped studio setting and having to talk nonstop to a live TV audience. It's a lot of work for those it doesn't come natural to, and Belichick gives me the impression that he's a little too laid back for the rapid fire dialog required for live TV broadcasting.
I agree. I don't think he could do Play by Play or "color" analysis well. Although I'd appreciate a little less chatter during a game. He could be part of a pregame segment and post game wrap-up team.
He should just ride into the sunset and enjoy his family and go fishing\.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I agree. I don't think he could do Play by Play or "color" analysis well. Although I'd appreciate a little less chatter during a game. He could be part of a pregame segment and post game wrap-up team.
He should just ride into the sunset and enjoy his family and go fishing\.
I remember when Belichick was coaching the Cleveland Browns before he got the Pats' job. The beat reporters complained that they couldn't get any good quotes from him because he gave such short answers, like "oh, maybe" or "no" then stop without articulating his thoughts. That kind of no-nonsense demeanor, while very admirable in other ways, just doesn't cut it for a broadcaster doing a live sporting event. A person like Pete Carroll is way more entertaining.

Film12Hawk

Reaction score
Nothing to do with the Patriots, but how did Mike Mayock fail with the Raiders? That guy used to be the GURU of college drafts! He was the one that predicted Russell Wilson...
I'd say a lot of it had to do with Jon Gruden having final say. His draft record with the Bucs wasn't great either.

morgulon1

Reaction score
There's where I think you're wrong. I've seen him as a guest on shows and he has a whole different side than you see at press conference team stuff. I think you're just buying into the stereotype he feeds. I think he's a much more nuanced guy than folks realize. I actually think he'd be as good as anyone on CBS currently.
I'm not doubting you but would have to see it. He always seems so monotone