Who Are You Rooting for in AFC Championship???

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The game is before ours and I will be rooting for the Patriots..I really like Peyton but still cannot bring myself to like a team I hated so badly from the Hawk AFC years..Donkey face still is a part of it..Tebow ha ha ha :pukeface:

Axx

Reaction score
A tie resulting in a denver and new england merger. Seattle has to play and beat new denver

sutz

Reaction score
The thing that worries me about Denver is the PM effect. Should they go, the media will take it as "his last chanceat another ring" and go all Bettis on us.

In either event, the media will get its "best QB against the best Defense" meme.

Having said that, I think I would prefer Denver in the SB. An old AFCWest rivalry game would be a classic IMHO.

Polaris

Reaction score
Don't really care. If I had to pick by druthers, I'd say Denver because Denver is the easier matchup at least on paper for Seattle.

A

Anonymous

My only problem with rooting for the Pats is that the Super Bowl will basically be a home game for them. My problem with rooting for the Broncos is that I still to this day cannot stand Elway. So it's really a catch 22 for me at least, but regardless I think that it really doesn't matter who wins in the AFC. The NFC winner (Hawks) will win no matter which one from the AFC makes it there. It's our year.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I think it's also Destiny that Denver and Seattle are again face to face... It's our opportunity to take Denver down in the important one... :thirishdrinkers:

homerun1970

Reaction score
I would rather Denver wins, It should give us a chance to payback Elway some. Denver's strengths seem to match up and go directly into the teeth of the "Legion of Boom". I would like the odds better Denver than against New England they are more balanced.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I want to see our #1 defense against this year's #1 offense.

In the cold outdoors. :)

Kakaww

Reaction score
Heard enough about Manning to last a lifetime this week. Also, Peyton deserving the Super Bowl win would be a story. Could use a switch up to Brady next week. But Patriots.

Whoever is losing in the fourth quarter.

themunn

Reaction score
I think the most exciting matchup would be us versus the Broncos

Do not for one second believe that I want them to beat the Patriots tonight though. And conversely, do not for one moment think I want the Patriots to win.

Ideally I'd like to see them both lose

Cartire

Reaction score
My mind would not be able to handle the Peyton Manning to win story line (ala Jerome Bettis).

It would be two weeks of hell along with a bias I feel officials wouldn't be able to handle.

If we go, Patroits are our best chance at a fair game.

GO PATRIOTS

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
sutz":bukzz2y1 said:
The thing that worries me about Denver is the PM effect. Should they go, the media will take it as "his last chanceat another ring" and go all Bettis on us.

In either event, the media will get its "best QB against the best Defense" meme.

Having said that, I think I would prefer Denver in the SB. An old AFCWest rivalry game would be a classic IMHO.

I'm scared to death of the Peyton Manning effect, even if I'd love an old AFC West rivalry game. It'd be far, far worse if he hadn't won at least one ring by now, but as it is, the ol' "greatest quarterback of all time needs more than one Super Bowl trophy" groupthink scares the hell out of me. You know that if Denver wins, regardless of opponent, this is all that will be talked about for the next two weeks. The Patriots have no such mantra to grasp onto, and so at first blush, they are the better opponent. However, it's a short jaunt from New England to New York. Almost as short a jaunt as it was from Pittsburgh to Detroit. Bleh! Hang on for a wild ride, folks!

Reaction score
I'd love to see Denver. We win today, and then shut down Denver in the Superb Owl, there will be no doubt that this years Legion of Boom will be mentioned with 85 Bears, 2001 Bucs, 2003 Ravens. I'd love to see how the LOB would stack up against Manning. We've seen them against Brees (twice), Rodgers, Brady, Ryan (twice). I want a shot at the best. Leave no doubt.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Pats.

If I have to hear talking heads slobber all over Manning, or tell me about how he sucks in the playoffs...I am going to eat a brick and digest it. It's the same regurgitated crap every week with the guy, we get it...he's great, he's a brilliant football mind and he calls audibles...now piss off.

Also, the Pats have very little offensive weapons...I'd like to watch Seattle dismantle that team (I'm talking all time SB blow out) en route to claiming the first Superb Owl for the franchise.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Denver. And of course it will become known as the Super Bowl of Bud, and I ain't talkin' about beer. ;)