Who are your favorite "forgotten" past Seahawks?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The Michael Sinclair thread got me thinking about other old Seahawks who I really loved who don't get any love or much remembrance these days.

For me its Terry Wooden. He was never a star player but he was a pretty damn solid outside linebacker.

I've also got a lot of love for Chris Warren and Robert Blackmon (and of course Tez) all from that same draft class.

120804 rookie club 750 zps8609c374

A few other old time personal favorites who rarely get mentioned anymore:

Patrick Hunter and Dwayne Harper.
Darryl Williams
Rocky Bernard
DJack (its kind of amazing how quickly he seemed to be forgotten)

And a few who probably don't belong in the "forgotten" category but were my personal favorites: Brian Blades and Rufus Porter.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Curt Warner, if he hadn't of ruined his knee we would have been Superbowl champions back in 1983-4 and probably had a dynasty possibly rivaling Pittsburgh.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Jesus Christ, J. Leave some for the rest of us.

John L

Bruce Scholtz

Keith Millard

bestfightstory

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3oe1eunf said:
Curt Warner, if he hadn't of ruined his knee we would have been Superbowl champions back in 19883-4 and probably had a dynasty.

Who has forgotten Curt Warner?

Nice Try.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Damn it, first one I thought of when I saw the thread title was Rocky Bernard.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seems many from my POV but point taken. (Maybe not on fansites but IRL people look at you crosseyed at the mere mention of him like the ONLY RB's we ever had were Alexander and Lynch) .

Seafan

Reaction score
Michael McCrary. Mueller's blunder to let this guy go. One reason the guy should never be given a personnel job in the NFL. The other blunder the same season was Kevin Mawae. Mueller was a pretty good ball boy I understand.

Giblien

Reaction score
A more recent one, but man, I really liked Justin Forsett.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
#31 Charlie Rogers. Dude could take any kick return to the house! Mr. Roger's Neighborhood!!

3199818007_7745c0f193.jpg

Dismas

Reaction score
Brian Blades

He was a rock solid contributor for quite a while, was one of my favorites back then

bigcc

Reaction score
Darrell Jackson..... dude is the franchise leader in receiving ypg (including blades/largent), and wasn't a slouch in the redzone either.

Can't quite put my finger on why nobody gives the dude the credit he deserves.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Melvin Jenkins was my first favorite Hawk and I'm not even sure why. After that, John L, Tony Woods, Tommy Kane, Jay Bellamy, Corey Harris, Fredd Young, Derrick Fenner, Paul Skansi... those guys were some of my favorites while they were on the squad.

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
bigcc":1g1hyakc said:
Darrell Jackson..... dude is the franchise leader in receiving ypg (including blades/largent), and wasn't a slouch in the redzone either.

Can't quite put my finger on why nobody gives the dude the credit he deserves.

Love me some sprinkler; but I think it's because we had some other players that were much more well known at the time nationally. He was good for us; but not great and not good anywhere else. I love him though! Just like I love Hackett, Jur, Manual etc...

-SH

chris98251

Reaction score
Michael Jackson, Robert Blackmon, Keith Millard, David Sims, Bruce Shultz.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I second Darryl Williams and Brian Blades.

Upon mentioning of RBs (30 years of historical perspective here), it becomes obvious that this team has rarely not been blessed with a productive runner. It's often been the passing game that was lacking.

sutz

Reaction score
We 'forget' about D-Jack because of the drops. Yeah, I loved the guy, too, but he could break your heart sometimes. :229031_shrug:

As for forgotten players, most guys listed above are hardly forgotten.

My forgotten player has to be Chris Gray. Nobody seemed to like him and fans dissed him all the time, but all he did was win a starting spot, many years in a row, and at more than one position. He was serviceable at center when he stood in for Tobeck, and was a starting guard for several seasons.

seahawks875

Reaction score
Joe Jurevicius, he was my favorite player on the Super Bowl team that year.

Latest posts