Who do we open up with next year?

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
warden said:
Two years ago we played the 49ers at home in December, last year we played the 49ers on the road in December, this year we should be seeing the 49ers at home late in thee season when the division title is on the line

Yep! Every year it rotates. In 2012 we played San Fran on the road the first matchup and at home the second. This season we had them at home week 2 and on the road late in the season. So next season we will be in San Fran the first matchup (probably their home opener week 2) and then we will have them at home in the final weeks of the season.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SeahawksBMX":2cms1hy7 said:
Hmm, surprisingly, SF isn't playing in their new digs until week TWO, so they very well may be the kickoff opponent:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -week-two/

Would be really surprised if thats what happens.. I could see SF going to Denver on the first Sunday Night game of the year.. or maybe at New Orleans for a Monday Night game. They have marquee road opponents outside of Seattle that would enable NBC to still get one of those matchups in prime-time (Thanksgiving could be in play as well.. since the last two years of the Thanksgiving night game have been 'rivalry' games)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":1u9kxw11 said:
My preference would be a road game that would likely be a 10am start otherwise. Philly and Carolina would be good candidates.

But really, anything other than at SF would be fine with me. I'm sick of getting the 49ers road game on a short week and just barely losing.

Game is a lock to be at home on Thursday, Sept. 4

Only reason the Ravens didn't open at home last year was because the Orioles didn't want to move a regular season game back a couple hours against the White Sox (lol) to accommodate.

So given the fact no kickoff game has even featured an AFC-NFC matchup.. that eliminates Oakland and Denver. St. Louis and Arizona are not going to be featured in the National Kickoff game.. so that leaves Green Bay, San Francisco, Dallas and the Giants.

I personally think Green Bay and Dallas are the only two options because NBC is going to save one of the 2 SEA-SF matchups for a later date... Green Bay and Dallas both have a major draw nationally as well, which pulls in your casual viewer.

davidonmi

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2ujqlfed said:
Yep, Green Bay in week 1, and at San Fran at Levi Stadium in week 2.
I hope not, if we get an early injury, or a slow start, we could easily start 0-2. Let's get a game at home against GB, which I think we will win but there is a chance (not a large one) we lose, and then go to WAS, or get the Raiders, or Giants, or cowboys at home.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hawks don't lose at home, especially in the opener, getting their rings, and a NFC West/NFC Champion/Superbowl Champion banners, and national tv. Doesn't matter who they play in the opener, they are gonna' get smoked.

davidonmi

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":jt6k2za3 said:
Hawks don't lose at home, especially in the opener, getting their rings, and a NFC West/NFC Champion/Superbowl Champion banners, and national tv. Doesn't matter who they play in the opener, they are gonna' get smoked.
I agree, but I don't even want the remote possibility of losing, if you have Aaron Rodgers coming in we are going to win IMO but not invincible.
That said I want a matchup like that, I just don't want it followed by @SF

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Hopefully a soft defense. I don't think too many people are interested in a Denver re-match considering the SB was widely regarded as a snoozer. I don't want a divisional game, but Dallas or GB would be good picks for the Hawks purposes and marketing-wise.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Im hoping for the Packers as I plan on buying tickets to the opening game. I am also a HUGE Vikings fan so I hate the packers more than most of you haha

jblaze

Reaction score
Aros":3usio6u5 said:
It's most likely Denver @ Seattle. The NFL likes to have the two teams from the prior SB start the new season off in a rematch.

This.

Also, Denver won't be able to complain that we beat their "B" team due to injuries this time as it's the first game of the year.

Another excellent opportunity to put the league on notice! Here we come again! Get the ice tub ready! :thfight7:

Crizilla

Reaction score
Aros":3lbffkgf said:
It's most likely Denver @ Seattle. The NFL likes to have the two teams from the prior SB start the new season off in a rematch.

uhhh.... Since when?

Ballz

Reaction score
When we opened our stadium in 2002, we started week 1 @Oakland.

Played the first regular season game in what was then Seahawks Stadium in week 2 vs. Arizona. We lost and it was awful. Thomas Jones of all people ran all over us.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
We can't play SF at home until after we play them away. It switches off every year.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Crizilla":2om5cafg said:
Aros":2om5cafg said:

uhhh.... Since when?

Hasn't happened since 1970 according to me on Page 1 of this thread. I think we're in full loop mode now. The answer will be here on April 17.

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
Green Bay or Dallas. I believe the Hawks will play the 49ers in the new Stadium as the first match up between the two. Second 49 game at Seattle so that's my hunch.

theascension

Reaction score
Rodgers is not THAT easy to beat. He's one of the most efficient passers ever and can run in a pinch. Green Bay could be a very tough opener if we get them. Dallas would be hilariously easy to beat with the cap hole they're sitting in and the battling egos they can never seem to figure out. I'd love to see a blowout against Dallas first game most of all.

bigcc

Reaction score
9ers 9ers 9ers

They may be without Bowman as is the first couple weeks, and what better way to set the tone for the NFCW?

bigcc

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":2vc6ti9j said:
We can't play SF at home until after we play them away. It switches off every year.

2011/2012 disagrees with this post