Who do you think we're going to hire at OC?

chris98251

Reaction score
There was a question by the OP : Who do you think we're going to hire at OC?

Lots of people responding to two names I threw out, lots of ridicule, but very few replies of someone else, easy to attack and use empty ended responses with no substance, you can't come up with a thought out option but are willing to shit all over someone else. I can see why some posters just quit posting thoughts, it's these empty response arguments that have driven some away. I am not one that will sit and take your shit however. If your not bringing an valid argument to the table or an option your post goes in the same place as all those flyers in the mail in my opinion.

Go have another drink, play Pokeman Go, something that has more substance in your life, obviously discussion isn't a talent that you have a skill set in.

Rob12

Reaction score
chris98251":2d8fwfju said:
I don't know but isn't the NFL considered a promotion in talent, being a OC in the NFL isn't a slap in the face for a guy that is still on a prove it deal in the NCAA, he was good at Boise State, teams avoided playing his teams in the BCS, he moved to prove he was good at the top level. There have been many coaches that went from HC in college to a assistant or a DC or OC in the NFL.

As I stated it would need to be a sweetheart deal to lure him from the UW, didn't say it would happen, didn't say it was probable.

Isn't Peterson a defensive minded guy?

RussB

Reaction score
To be honest Tom Cable would probably be even better, theres already been rumors that he draws up plays and the offense gets rolling.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
mkamodo":3i4ybton said:
You are all fools , don't understand football for shit .Gruden praises bevell all the time . He is a top notch coordinator that is severely handicapped by the WORST offensive line in the league. Theres no coaching that can change that .
Gruden Praises everyone, all of the time. Riddle me this, how come teams with bad offensive lines still can field potent and consistent offenses, yet we are stuck treading water? Just look at what the Patriots accomplished against a team that we BARELY bested with our vaunted home-field advantage. The Patriots have had offensive line trouble for the last couple of years. Despite this, they are coming into this season with a lowly drafted starter that has not played any meaningful time and still are pounding that very same team that we not able to put points up against. This is a very confusing situation considering that we had one of the better WR's in the league last year in Baldwin, one of THE best pass catching TEs in Graham, and a dynamic youngster in Tyler Lockett.

We look like garbage, and I don't think Russell Wilson's injury had everything to do with this today. He was good from the pocket, and he still had decent accuracy, though it did limit his deep throws. Despite the obvious limitations of Wilson this week we still were doing roll-outs, read option plays, etc How does this make any sort of sense? Why is a TE that is infamous for being a good receiver, and not such a good blocker inline blocking most of the time? Why are we going away from misdirection, and plays that bounce to the outside when we are moving the ball using this method? Why are we using fades, and other long developing plays against a team that is blitzing the crap out of us? Does any of this make sense to you? It doesn't make sense to me, and this is the same type of crap we have to put up with EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":pjti2szn said:
mkamodo":pjti2szn said:
You are all fools , don't understand football for shit .Gruden praises bevell all the time . He is a top notch coordinator that is severely handicapped by the WORST offensive line in the league. Theres no coaching that can change that .
Gruden Praises everyone, all of the time. Riddle me this, how come teams with bad offensive lines still can field potent and consistent offenses, yet we are stuck treading water? Just look at what the Patriots accomplished against a team that we BARELY bested with our vaunted home-field advantage. The Patriots have had offensive line trouble for the last couple of years. Despite this, they are coming into this season with a lowly drafted starter that has not played any meaningful time and still are pounding that very same team that we not able to put points up against. This is a very confusing situation considering that we had one of the better WR's in the league last year in Baldwin, one of THE best pass catching TEs in Graham, and a dynamic youngster in Tyler Lockett.

We look like garbage, and I don't think Russell Wilson's injury had everything to do with this today. He was good from the pocket, and he still had decent accuracy, though it did limit his deep throws. Despite the obvious limitations of Wilson this week we still were doing roll-outs, read option plays, etc How does this make any sort of sense? Why is a TE that is infamous for being a good receiver, and not such a good blocker inline blocking most of the time? Why are we going away from misdirection, and plays that bounce to the outside when we are moving the ball using this method? Why are we using fades, and other long developing plays against a team that is blitzing the crap out of us? Does any of this make sense to you? It doesn't make sense to me, and this is the same type of crap we have to put up with EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Well said. :2thumbs:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Rob12":38n1hlgb said:
Siouxhawk":38n1hlgb said:
Our OC is one of the best in the game and isn't going anywhere. We're not a dysfunctional franchise like Buffalo

15 points.
Small sample size with a team that typically takes 4-5 games to get its ever-changing line going.

randomation

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":167hg7pd said:
Our OC is one of the best in the game and isn't going anywhere. We're not a dysfunctional franchise like Buffalo

We would have more than 3 points against the freaking Rams if that was true. He also would have long since become a head coach if that was true. Good Coordinators become HCs after 2 to 3 years not 5 with the same team. Russ saved his job and continues to do so sadly it's much harder with a high ankle sprain.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
randomation":i15nmtv3 said:
Siouxhawk":i15nmtv3 said:

We would have more than 3 points against the freaking Rams if that was true. He also would have long since become a head coach if that was true. Good Coordinators become HCs after 2 to 3 years not 5 with the same team. Russ saved his job and continues to do so sadly it's much harder with a high ankle sprain.
I don't base that on one game -- but the big picture of making the playoffs 4 straight years is part of the Bevell lore. And it is possible that he likes working for Pete as the OC of the Seahawks.

Atradees

Reaction score
I'm of the opinion if you have the talent any monkey can call plays. These guys all have decades of experience playing a simple game. The blame goes to the person responsible for the lame players on the offensive line. There were free agents. There were talents at c, rt, lt and guard in the draft. As far as I can tell the people chosen are from input from position coaches. Tom Cable has to go. We are wasting RW.

I would pick a hot coordinator from the Denver tree at this point. Or Carolina.

Someone that can make a serviceable line.

One thing I did notice is that when the presnap reads are taking too long the defense is more apt to be settled in. It's why we fare better in the 2 minute drill playing backyard football.

chawx

Reaction score
Since we're all so smart. How about whoever can win in a Madden 17 tournament between all of us can be the next OC of the Seahawks?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Ask the Niners fans about Greg Roman.

They moaned about him even more than Seahawks fans do about Bevell.

SirTed

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2w6ac7xp said:
Ask the Niners fans about Greg Roman.

They moaned about him even more than Seahawks fans do about Bevell.

Yeah, maybe so. Totally willing to plead fan ignorance on this - but I'll say the following.

When SF was at it's peak, I loved what he did with that run game, and a mobile quarterback - and I think that RW plugged into this offense in place of Kaepernick and / or Taylor, I like the outcome because he can make a lot more throws than those other two. I always thought their scheme was better than ours, but was held back by quarterback play - in SF and now Buffalo.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
fenderbender123":4q7sl0m6 said:
chris98251":4q7sl0m6 said:
He has a successful offense

This remains to be seen. He was successful against a cupcake schedule while at Boise St and so far this year, but the last 2 years the Husky offense was very frustrating save for a few games.

I could just imagine the reaction on this board when Russell Wilson is taken out on 3rd down and 8 to bring in some special package for the backup QB who runs for 2 yards.

TRue.....Oregon is a cupcake team. Washington is a cupcake team. WSU...really is a cupcake team...not kidding on this one. Oklahoma is a cupcake team. Cant remember the other ones. yep cupcakes. With or without icing on top???

To the OP.....I am probably an idiot for saying this one, but I would really like to see what Zorn would do. I dont think he was ready for the Head coaching job in Washintun, but would like to see what he can do with the lower position. OC after all the time with QBs would be interesting.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Wasn't Bevell the OC last year when we were the #4 offense in the league, and the year before when we were #9? Just saying maybe some of the blame lies in the make shift Oline, hobbled personnel and players not executing the plays to the best of their abilities.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I was in Vegas for the opener against the Dolphins, and Seahawks had a -10.5 spread. Walked into Mirage and bet $5k against the Seahawks. It was the only bet I laid all weekend (outside of some craps).

The bookie notices I'm wearing an Easley jersey, and says, "Wow, betting against the home team, eh?" My response: "Have you ever seen the Seahawks for the first quarter of the season? We don't beat anyone by 10+ points." Guy laughs, we both try to recall the Seahawks ever beating an opponent by 11 or more points in the opening week (my off-the-top-of-the-head guess: GB in 2013? Turns out it was 2014). Told him I'd be shocked if the Seahawks scored more than 17 points.

Walked in on Sunday afternoon and picked up my winnings, which paid for most of the trip.

There are (very few) times that I'm thankful for the predictable mediocrity that is Darrell Bevell's offense. This was one of them.

It's not a good thing when even the home team fans know that your OC is such garbage that you have a miniscule chance of beating anyone, even the worst teams, by 10+ points in the first quarter of the season.

HansGruber

Reaction score
The offense has been a consistent handicap during Bevell's entire tenure. When I think about offense during his time here, I think of low-scoring first halves (often 6 points or less, rarely any TDs), and a consistent failure to beat anyone who can score more than 20. I think of high-flying second halves, often when facing a pretty big deficit. And I think of Russell Wilson getting sacked over and over and over again, as well as runners being hit 3-4 yards behind the LOS.

Yes, we do get the random long-yardage catches, but it rarely develops into a TD. I'm tired of seeing deep catches that look exciting, only to watch us kick field goals from the 5 yard line a few plays later.

Latest posts