Who luvs the trenches ?

xray

Reaction score
Imho ...when a team has superior OLs & DLs ; everything else falls into a better place . When a team is lucky enough to have both ; they don't need the best QB or the best RBs or WRs or the best DBs . Linemen are the ' meat and potatoes ' of the NFL and don't get the accolades they deserve . I luv the trenches ! :)

Jerhawk

Reaction score
O Line has clearly been a blind spot for Carroll in terms of coaching and evaluation, as well as Schneider and the scouts.

Seeing Charles Cross seemingly regress this year can be attributed to our poor coaching. I also blame Ivan Lewis and the strength and conditioning staff. Both sides of the line seem to wear down as the game goes on. The overall physical strength of our linemen on both sides is abysmal compared to other teams. Hopefully that changes.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Anyone have the run and pass blocking grades for the O-line this past season?

Floridahawk79

Reaction score
O Line has clearly been a blind spot for Carroll in terms of coaching and evaluation, as well as Schneider and the scouts.

Seeing Charles Cross seemingly regress this year can be attributed to our poor coaching. I also blame Ivan Lewis and the strength and conditioning staff. Both sides of the line seem to wear down as the game goes on. The overall physical strength of our linemen on both sides is abysmal compared to other teams. Hopefully that changes.
Have the Strength and Conditioning coaches been let go with the other coaches ?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Have the Strength and Conditioning coaches been let go with the other coaches ?
If they have, I haven't heard. I'm certainly hoping we start hearing widespread changes across the board soon.

Hell as far as i know, Clint Hurtt is still on the staff

sutz

Reaction score
Probably waiting until the new HC is in before they start wholesale hiring of other staff.

toffee

Reaction score

Cross is not great, but per PFF, he is playing at league average aka mediocre. Cross is rate higher than the tackles drafted before him.

Scout

Reaction score
Hawks are on the right track investing in their trenches. But there is A LOT of work still to be done.

The 49ers are going to be competing for a while with their lines. Same with the Rams and Bucs where both teams will have more cap space to spend. The Eagles always emphasize trench play and the Lions rise is linked to improving their lines too.

chris98251

Reaction score
Remember our blocking scheme was somewhat unique, maybe a more traditional scheme will help us protect a QB and create designated holes instead of having the running back have to guess where the gap will be and make a cut.

Chawker

Reaction score
I love the trenches, i play the center position and the run game. It lets the OL go on the attack, I'd hit the DT with a shot to his shoulder then attack the MLBer and if all went as planned, I'd look up to see a one on one match up with our RB and there safty. Attack baby Attack !

This is why I love the run game !.