Who'd you rather have: Collins or Michael?

Collins or Michael

• Collins

Votes: 60 43.5%
  • Michael

Votes: 78 56.5%

• Total voters

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2a0sfz6s said:
It's unrealistic to assume AC is going to hit holes as hard as what CMike was doing, the guy was strapping his helmet on tight and going as hard as he could, even with as dumb-looking as it seemed on occasion.!

You mean hit the back of his lineman and fall down.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Can I vote for George Farmer......or can I vote for Zac Brooks??/

I rooted hard for Michael, but just felt like the throwing the ball into the stands and attitude wasn't warranted when you stumble and fall down when you have tons of yardage in front of you....

I also think the team needs an identity and Collins doesn't run hard enough for my liking....He looks out of shape, even though he may be in great shape....on the eye test, I'd take my chances on Farmer vs Michael....

The fumble in the Rams game, still irks me for some reason....I know it doesn't matter where we play Dallas, we are going to have to tackle on defense to win that game, but I just think Michael has run his course and I don't think Collins makes the team next year, unless he really competes hard this week and does something with the 10-12 carries he gets.....

Michael is always going to be a Seahawk to me, but I think Rawls and Prosise's run and play the last 2 weeks was such an upgrade over what he had, I don't see how you can go back at this point.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":u1ikd3zi said:
LeftHandSmoke":u1ikd3zi said:
It's unrealistic to assume AC is going to hit holes as hard as what CMike was doing, the guy was strapping his helmet on tight and going as hard as he could, even with as dumb-looking as it seemed on occasion.!

You mean hit the back of his lineman and fall down.
Are you nuts? The guy was our leading rusher, was taking a massive pounding while doing it.

In hindsight releasing CMike was a big mistake. With how thin we were at QB we got 'lucky' that RW battled through despite an f'd up line but we may be even thinner at RB now, most especially because the only guy who stayed available and made yards got released, on a bad gamble by JS.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Time to bring Sankey in ..CM/AC= :pukeface:

hawker84

Reaction score
Until Collins shows me something, anything... I'll take Michael and all his brain farts.......

DJrmb

Reaction score
hawker84":2w199g6l said:
Until Collins shows me something, anything... I'll take Michael and all his brain farts.......
I am right up there with the biggest skeptics of Collins, but to be fair he has shown something already. He has shown that Pete Carroll and the coaching staff valued him more than they did CMike.

I believe the coaching staffs resume speaks for itself as far as finding and developing the right guys...

ACFan

Reaction score
Well it looks like I'll get what I've been waiting for all year, meaningful PT for Collins.

I think he could make some big plays receiving out of the backfield, I think he is underrated there.

good pass protector, CPC said this week they are comfortable with him on every down and situation, 1st down, 2nd down, 3rd and long, short yardage, etc.

He definitely needs carries to get in a groove, his YAC will go up the longer he's in the game. He won't wear down or get hurt.

Looking for the notion that many cite on here, that he's too slow to be effective, to be put to bed.

I'm excited.

Inspector

Reaction score
Another vote for Michael. I've always had a feeling about him. I think if our offensive line had developed sooner this year, things would have turned out differently for him.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
ACFan":31t29kf0 said:
Well it looks like I'll get what I've been waiting for all year, meaningful PT for Collins.

I think he could make some big plays receiving out of the backfield, I think he is underrated there.

good pass protector, CPC said this week they are comfortable with him on every down and situation, 1st down, 2nd down, 3rd and long, short yardage, etc.

He definitely needs carries to get in a groove, his YAC will go up the longer he's in the game. He won't wear down or get hurt.

Looking for the notion that many cite on here, that he's too slow to be effective, to be put to bed.

I'm excited.
Am cautiously optimistic too.

In any comparison to Farmer, AC has an RB record that is downright deadly.

Jville

Reaction score
ACFan":3dj8sbtg said:

I'm excited.

Pete Carroll was asked about Collins today during his Wednesday Press Conference. Pete credited Collins for working very hard and taking his conditioning to a new level of conditioning. Pete acknowledged Collins can do it all.

I'm looking forward to the prospect of seeing a new and improved Alex Collins. The Seahawk program is all about getting a little better each and every day. :2thumbs:

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
I don't think the decision between Collins and Michael was about who was the better contributor now but who they're projecting to be better in the future.

hawker84

Reaction score
DJrmb":2hf0hart said:
hawker84":2hf0hart said:
I am right up there with the biggest skeptics of Collins, but to be fair he has shown something already. He has shown that Pete Carroll and the coaching staff valued him more than they did CMike.

I believe the coaching staffs resume speaks for itself as far as finding and developing the right guys...

They found and developed Cmike didn't they? Among many others that they've since moved along because for whatever reason they simply weren't cutting the mustard. I hear what you're saying, but let's not pretend that Pete and JS don't lay an occasional egg now and then. Collins may turn out to be a good pro, but other than the TD he hasn't done anything to this point.

RussB

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":n1tveesd said:
RussB":n1tveesd said:
Sgt. Largent":n1tveesd said:
StoneCold":n1tveesd said:
Would be an interesting situation if Cmike was still available. So, let's change the question. With the injuries we've had would you bring him back?

At this point even after the rash of injuries, I'd say no.

But talk to me next week, if Collins craps the bed on Sunday then I might change my tune. But at this point in time, we drafted Collins in the 3rd round, Pete said yesterday he looks good in practice. So I say give him a chance to prove himself.
Hes had all season to prove himself and hasnt done anything at all while C mike has atleast been producing something. Ive only seen collins make 1 play all season and thats the catch from wilson on the scramble. I guess making one play all season is enough to stay on the roster over a guy who led the team in rushing tds lol.

How many carries does Collins have? Like 10 all year?

Not a big enough sample size to say he's had all season to prove himself. Meanwhile C-Mike has had more than enough chances to change the things Pete needed him to change...............and he couldn't do it.

Run hard, run through contact, protect the ball with the right hand, don't run out of bounds, stop tackling yourself, trust the O-line. Strike 1, strike 2, strike 3, strike 4 and strike 5.............you're out.
Collins has had a small sample size. But everytime hes got a chance hes basically done nothing. I remember it was last week or the week before it was a 3rd and short and they put him in to get 1 or 2 yards and he couldnt even get that when hes supposed to be a power back. I hope he does start producing soon though and prove me wrong.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Atradees":26japtak said:
They both stink.
Absolutely, cuz if Michael was all that, he'd never have gotten his ass cut.....It wasn't like Pete just demoted his butt to the Practice Squad, he was given more than one chance to get his shit together....$2 million dollar body, 10c thinker.
Next up?--Alex Collins....Let's see whatchyagot kid.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":3ude6vmo said:
Michael without question.
Well apparently there was a "Question" in Pete Carroll's mind about Michael's value to the team....He chose to keep Collins, and let Michael go for a SECOND time.

Dismas

Reaction score
RussB":1b0nvwqq said:
Sgt. Largent":1b0nvwqq said:
RussB":1b0nvwqq said:
Sgt. Largent":1b0nvwqq said:
Would be an interesting situation if Cmike was still available. So, let's change the question. With the injuries we've had would you bring him back?

At this point even after the rash of injuries, I'd say no.

But talk to me next week, if Collins craps the bed on Sunday then I might change my tune. But at this point in time, we drafted Collins in the 3rd round, Pete said yesterday he looks good in practice. So I say give him a chance to prove himself.
Hes had all season to prove himself and hasnt done anything at all while C mike has atleast been producing something. Ive only seen collins make 1 play all season and thats the catch from wilson on the scramble. I guess making one play all season is enough to stay on the roster over a guy who led the team in rushing tds lol.

How many carries does Collins have? Like 10 all year?

Not a big enough sample size to say he's had all season to prove himself. Meanwhile C-Mike has had more than enough chances to change the things Pete needed him to change...............and he couldn't do it.

Run hard, run through contact, protect the ball with the right hand, don't run out of bounds, stop tackling yourself, trust the O-line. Strike 1, strike 2, strike 3, strike 4 and strike 5.............you're out.
Collins has had a small sample size. But everytime hes got a chance hes basically done nothing. I remember it was last week or the week before it was a 3rd and short and they put him in to get 1 or 2 yards and he couldnt even get that when hes supposed to be a power back. I hope he does start producing soon though and prove me wrong.[/quote]

Collins IS NOT really a power back, though.
His game is more of a quick jump cut and glide thing, with a reasonably strong finish.

He is less Marshawn than people think he should be, and I think that is where alot of the hare for him comes from.

In his whopping 10 carries this season, he has had ZERO chance on at least half, due to the horrid blocking he got up front.
On the other chances, a couple were successful, and a couple he misread. Every back misread sometimes, and AC coming from a more power system, is having to retrain himself to not use power instincts in a zone system.

With the recent upswing in the o lines relative competency, I am hoping to see a marked improvement from AC in coming weeks.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Dismas":1f73tugw said:
Collins IS NOT really a power back, though.
His game is more of a quick jump cut and glide thing, with a reasonably strong finish.

He is less Marshawn than people think he should be, and I think that is where alot of the hare for him comes from.

In his whopping 10 carries this season, he has had ZERO chance on at least half, due to the horrid blocking he got up front.
On the other chances, a couple were successful, and a couple he misread. Every back misread sometimes, and AC coming from a more power system, is having to retrain himself to not use power instincts in a zone system.

With the recent upswing in the o lines relative competency, I am hoping to see a marked improvement from AC in coming weeks.

Good Post. I also believe that the oline coming into its own will help with the overall running game. And that will include AC.

hawk45

Reaction score
I went back and watched the AC highlights expecting to see some sign of this great college back and I saw giant holes and even the tighter creased the defenders were sealed and he barely was touched. Could have been a bad highlight selection but what I saw definitely reinforced that AC is not a power back.
His best jump cuts came down the field; the ones in the backfield were the same slow motion ones that have been stuffed at this level.
Both Cmike and Collins had horrid blocking but Cmike was explosive enough and physical enough to eek out some success. Collins is neither of those two things.
Our OL is never going to produce the kind of holes Collins needs. Rawls can operate, Prosise could operate, Collins needs Dallas sized holes and won't get them.

chet380

Reaction score
While it is probably a longshot, I'm rooting for CM to have an outstanding showing for G Bay -- earlier this year, when the Hawks OL was a shambles, the worst in the NFL, CM gave his best and sometimes produced outstanding plays.

It's difficult to understand the bitter anger re CM of some of the posters here.