Who'd you rather have: Collins or Michael?

Collins or Michael

• Collins

Votes: 60 43.5%
  • Michael

Votes: 78 56.5%

• Total voters

sutz

Reaction score
pmedic920":2cj1yzie said:
It's a moot point.

CMike is gone.
We have Collins.

Let's hope Rawls is truly good to go, and stays that way.
Moot, not mute. ;)

:{)

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
I really can't believe the voting is that close". How does anyone out there think that Collins is a better choice now? He has shown absolutely nothing while Michael, although with flaws, was having a decent season. I just don't see it.

ACFan

Reaction score
seabowl":2elz8ewe said:
How does anyone out there think that Collins is a better choice now? .

Maybe you shoud ask CPC, he obviously thinks that as of yesterday.

“Alex has really done some marvelous stuff since we were in camp,” Carroll said. “He restructured his body a little bit, he’s gotten in a different level of conditioning that we’ve seen him change, lost some weight, trimmed down, practices with great intensity every day, so he’s at his best, he’s ready to go, he’s really healthy and ready for the challenge.

“I really feel comfortable with him fitting into the offense. He can do all our stuff, he can play third down, first down, short yardage.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/210597/wi ... pth-chart/

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Why are people saying Michael?

You honestly believe they cut a guy who was starting recently on a whim? It's pretty clear why Michael isn't on this team and it isn't down to a lack of talent.

I'll take the guy who buys in and wants to be here.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
ACFan":3btb4pzs said:
give me the guy that hasn't had a chance yet.

not the guy who has burned through three of them already.

Just give it up already. I remember you were defending Collins hard but let's face it Alex Collins is fat, slow and can't break tackles. Dude is not an NFL caliber starting running back.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3lv1rutz said:

You honestly believe they cut a guy who was starting recently on a whim? It's pretty clear why Michael isn't on this team and it isn't down to a lack of talent.

I prefer the guy who wants to be THERE...as in down the field more than two yards. I don't get that motivation from Collins.

StoneCold

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":23d8j323 said:

I realize that Cmike has his downside. The question is who do I think could be most productive over the next 4 weeks. And based on what I've seen that's Cmike. Not saying I'm right, not saying the coaches are wrong, just what I think based on what I've seen from each player. Will be more than happy to be wrong.

Would be an interesting situation if Cmike was still available. So, let's change the question. With the injuries we've had would you bring him back?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
StoneCold":14q607kr said:
Would be an interesting situation if Cmike was still available. So, let's change the question. With the injuries we've had would you bring him back?

At this point even after the rash of injuries, I'd say no.

But talk to me next week, if Collins craps the bed on Sunday then I might change my tune. But at this point in time, we drafted Collins in the 3rd round, Pete said yesterday he looks good in practice. So I say give him a chance to prove himself.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2es1oocw said:
StoneCold":2es1oocw said:

But talk to me next week, if Collins craps the bed on Sunday then I might change my tune. But at this point in time, we drafted Collins in the 3rd round, Pete said yesterday he looks good in practice. So I say give him a chance to prove himself.

Fifth round.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
ACFan":1k9ksdve said:
seabowl":1k9ksdve said:
How does anyone out there think that Collins is a better choice now? .

Maybe you shoud ask CPC, he obviously thinks that as of yesterday.

“Alex has really done some marvelous stuff since we were in camp,” Carroll said. “He restructured his body a little bit, he’s gotten in a different level of conditioning that we’ve seen him change, lost some weight, trimmed down, practices with great intensity every day, so he’s at his best, he’s ready to go, he’s really healthy and ready for the challenge.

“I really feel comfortable with him fitting into the offense. He can do all our stuff, he can play third down, first down, short yardage.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/210597/wi ... pth-chart/

This is an interesting statement from Pete. Teams constantly pressure RBs to trim down for the added speed and cutting ability, which in turn increases the likelihood of injury. The consistently healthy and productive RB is arguably the biggest freak of nature out there. Right now that's Frank Gore. His longevity is impressive as hell.

RussB

Reaction score
C Mike obviously. I dont see why they kept Collins he has been the most unproductive RB the whole season. He doesnt get yards and doesnt break tackles. C mike led the team in rushing but they keep the guy that hasnt done jack sh^%^%. Now procise is injured and there is no c mike to fall back on and we have to rely on rawls to stay healthy along with collins.

I really dont get the whole thing.

RussB

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3gokmcun said:
StoneCold":3gokmcun said:

Hes had all season to prove himself and hasnt done anything at all while C mike has atleast been producing something. Ive only seen collins make 1 play all season and thats the catch from wilson on the scramble. I guess making one play all season is enough to stay on the roster over a guy who led the team in rushing tds lol.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RussB":29e64wxv said:
Sgt. Largent":29e64wxv said:
StoneCold":29e64wxv said:

Hes had all season to prove himself and hasnt done anything at all while C mike has atleast been producing something. Ive only seen collins make 1 play all season and thats the catch from wilson on the scramble. I guess making one play all season is enough to stay on the roster over a guy who led the team in rushing tds lol.

How many carries does Collins have? Like 10 all year?

Not a big enough sample size to say he's had all season to prove himself. Meanwhile C-Mike has had more than enough chances to change the things Pete needed him to change...............and he couldn't do it.

Run hard, run through contact, protect the ball with the right hand, don't run out of bounds, stop tackling yourself, trust the O-line. Strike 1, strike 2, strike 3, strike 4 and strike 5.............you're out.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Collins has 10 career carries, none consecutively to get any kind of rhythm.

Michael just got booted out of city because they don't want him anywhere near the roster. Not even on the bench.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I'm a firm believer that CMike wasn't let go for performance reasons, at least not completely. It had more to do with his head being in the wrong place and being someone that Pete Carroll doesn't want on his team, effectively rewarding his behavior.

Before he was cut the camera showed CMilke on the sideline during multiple games clearly pouting and unhappy about other RB's getting carries. CMike seems to be someone that really only cares about himself when everything is boiled down. He was able to fake it for a little while and tried to put the team ahead of himself but it was clear that he had started slipping back into his narcissistic ways in the days leading up to his release. A guy like that, if allowed to continue, will eventually become a cancer and spread his discontent and discord in the locker room. It was time for him to go.

So, No, I do not want CMike back. Nor do I believe we should have kept him any longer than we did.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Seahawks were confident that they've seen C-Mike's ceiling as an NFL player. With Collins, we're looking at his floor until he proves otherwise. He's got room to grow. At this moment, I'd rather have Michael. But over the next few weeks Collins may improve enough that he's clearly the better option.

Hawkintent

Reaction score
I'd go with Collins - better football IQ. Doesn't seem like the team or coaches were behind Michael and his style of play. I think Michael has more talent but has very little skill and plays like a lone wolf instead of a team. He stalled so many drives by either running out of bounds untouched before the first down marker, tripping /slipping as mentioned many times, and the inability to make self available as an outlet for RW. Collins has shown much more ability just hasn't had the touches. There were plenty of times Marshawn got tackled for loss when DL were behind the LOS like happened to Collins against NE when he came into the game cold for 1 play. I am excited for him to get more play. Hopefully RW can help him out with making read option a threat again because this season the RB haven't gotten that same help Marshawn ever got.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
If Collins is going to be good/decent he needs to be a gamer. His measurables are relatively poor: a 4.59 40 and a vert of 28.5 inches. That mean's he's neither fast nor explosive with his vert being especially troublesome. J. Hope he puts it together on gameday because his raw tools leave much to be desired.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
seabowl":gvq0ssij said:
I really can't believe the voting is that close". How does anyone out there think that Collins is a better choice now? He has shown absolutely nothing while Michael, although with flaws, was having a decent season. I just don't see it.
Right.

It's unrealistic to assume AC is going to hit holes as hard as what CMike was doing, the guy was strapping his helmet on tight and going as hard as he could, even with as dumb-looking as it seemed on occasion.

But if AC can come in and at least demonstrate potential then he may give reason for optimism about the future. Here's hoping!

edit: and to AC's credit, compared to CMike he also sounds a veritable Einstein.