Who'd you rather have: Collins or Michael?

Collins or Michael

• Collins

Votes: 60 43.5%
  • Michael

Votes: 78 56.5%

• Total voters

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
hawk45":2xaqs6b7 said:
I went back and watched the AC highlights expecting to see some sign of this great college back and I saw giant holes and even the tighter creased the defenders were sealed and he barely was touched. Could have been a bad highlight selection but what I saw definitely reinforced that AC is not a power back.
His best jump cuts came down the field; the ones in the backfield were the same slow motion ones that have been stuffed at this level.
Both Cmike and Collins had horrid blocking but Cmike was explosive enough and physical enough to eek out some success. Collins is neither of those two things.
Our OL is never going to produce the kind of holes Collins needs. Rawls can operate, Prosise could operate, Collins needs Dallas sized holes and won't get them.
Yes, noticed it too, all those giant holes and big runs.

Maybe that's what most 'highlight' reels just like to feature? In 2015 alone he ran over 270 times for over 1575 yds for 20 TDs. So, you can go on for ten minutes showing nothing but big runs as highlights, there's plenty to choose from if that's what you're after.

There must be plenty of 3 yds and a cloud of dust footage out there too, maybe it takes finding and watching full games to see that part.

He's near 220lbs and could be a bruiser-type back for us in the (bad) possible situation that Rawls can't get and stay healthy enough.

Farmer has good size and borderline Olympic speed but almost zero experience at RB. Between the two, the heavy bet has to be on AC - who was listed as a top 5 RB prospect on many predraft boards, up in there with Zeke and Derrick Henry.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Just watched this AC highlight video. There were many plays where the blocking wasn't great and the holes weren't all that big...but he seemed to do well nonetheless. Point is let's give the kid a chance...so far he's only had 10 carries. Hopefully he will have a good game Sunday. He's a Seahawk and if he does well it just bodes well for the Seahawks.

[youtube]ZQYGCnLJuC0[/youtube]

hawk45

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3igd638d said:
Just watched this AC highlight video. There were many plays where the blocking wasn't great and the holes weren't all that big...but he seemed to do well nonetheless. Point is let's give the kid a chance...so far he's only had 10 carries. Hopefully he will have a good game Sunday. He's a Seahawk and if he does well it just bodes well for the Seahawks.

That was one of the videos I watched and I saw different things. One or two plays weren't blocked well, the rest were all the OL.

I hope any Seahawk back does well, my point is just that the highlight reels do not show a special back, and indeed show a back who would struggle at the NFL level as he has done.

I'd rather see anyone toting the rock but AC, and hope we don't feature him heavily. Here's hoping he makes the most out of his chances, but normally you see flashes and we haven't seen that. RBs ususally show something even in limited carries, we've just not seen any of that.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
^ No flashes, really? He did make a key 1st down on a pass play, to go along with a tough TD run where he first avoided a DT already in the backfield before breaking through a goal line tackle/hit to his right leg.

I'm cautiously optimistic, he's got a pretty strong track record.

edit: But obviously the ideal would be Rawls excelling from here on out, requiring few if any breathers.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
hawk45":2abzscjr said:
hawkfan68":2abzscjr said:

That was one of the videos I watched and I saw different things. One or two plays weren't blocked well, the rest were all the OL.

I hope any Seahawk back does well, my point is just that the highlight reels do not show a special back, and indeed show a back who would struggle at the NFL level as he has done.

I'd rather see anyone toting the rock but AC, and hope we don't feature him heavily. Here's hoping he makes the most out of his chances, but normally you see flashes and we haven't seen that. RBs ususally show something even in limited carries, we've just not seen any of that.

I see it differently. In that highlight video I see a back who shows good speed, is shifty, break tackles, has great vision, and shows power when needed. I don't get how anyone can determine he's not a NFL level back from those highlights.

ACFan

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2v15l7fd said:

What strikes me in re-watching those highlights, is the number of times he goes straight through a crowded line, seemingly untouched. He can slip a tackle in a phone booth, at least he could in college, once he gets carries and gets used to being out there, I think he can do it in the pros too. He did it in a pre season game on a catch, made 4 guys miss in a span of about 5 yards.

He may not have CMikes quickness and top end speed, but he has everything else CMike was lacking.

In fact, in every area CMike was deficient in, AC excels at.

chris98251

Reaction score
If Collins was showing all the things supporters are saying he would not have been inactive and a resigned undrafted F.A. put on the 53 man roster instead. Pete was building him up this week, I think he needs to take that as a light that says go or you will be going home soon.

NYCoug

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2nmpu0ge said:
'This is just punishment' .. 'It would be interesting to see if the Seattle Seahawks might want him.'

https://youtu.be/6L-IrozR38w

Sick avatar, and name!

Collins is actually my favorite RB whom the Seahawks currently employ. The dreads, the studying of River Dance, the choppy feet, and the toughness and durability. I like him more than Rawls for completely irrational fan boy reasons.

Christine Michael might be the closest we've come to seeing someone who suffers from mental retardation suit up for the Seattle Seahawks. I'll always love him for that, as we all should, and I look forward to his rap career once he retires. Who knows, that might be his true passion and calling.

Either way, I'm okay with how everything has played itself out at RB. I'm just gearing up for Marshawn's playoff run return! By the playoffs, our RB depth should be completely decimated. Paul Allen, unwilling to let a dynasty slip through his rich fingertips, meets Sheezy at the Oracle Arena for a Blazers/Warriors game and hands him a briefcase with 24 million dollars in unmarked, unsalarycapped bills. Marshawn immediately knows what he must do.

Okay, maybe a little far fetched, but can Marshawn at least start a 'Dungeon' ala Stu Hart, in Oakland, and we'll just start sending our RB's there to train with him to become Beasts?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
chris98251":39szdxud said:
If Collins was showing all the things supporters are saying he would not have been inactive and a resigned undrafted F.A. put on the 53 man roster instead. Pete was building him up this week, I think he needs to take that as a light that says go or you will be going home soon.

Maybe and maybe not....Christine Michael was let go to get Pope. Had AC being doing well...this still could have occurred. I don't think AC's performance correlates with any of the actions. The undrafted FA wasn't much better in his limited carries than AC either. Both are rookies who are adjusting to the NFL. Expectations of AC from many are very unrealistic. Thinking someone can just plug and play, is a rarity. Especially behind a young OL that's not very good yet.

hawk45

Reaction score
Re: slipping tackles in a phone booth, those were the plays where I thought that even when it appeared he was gaining tough yards the OL was sealing their men exceptionally well, and that ACs main contribution was to pick the right hole and trust the blocking.
If it was instead him slipping tackles, I don't see NFL linebackers missing any of those after filling the hole. Honest question ACfan do you?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Too bad there isn't a 'none of the above' option.

Michael is too stupid to play in our system, and Collins so far looks to be too slow.

The coaches have chosen Collins over Michael so far but Collins seems to be getting a rookie pass and will likely be on the hotseat next preseason to show something or be moved out. michael obviously must have reverted back to his rookie form and as a result got moved along. There was little likelihood he would have been re-signed for next season regardless.