Who's the heart and soul of current Hawks?

toffee

Reaction score
Was Paul Allen the heart and soul of Hawks? Who's the current leader that won the heart and soul of players, for whom that players will sacrifice and do whatever it takes?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
The 12s were heart and soul for a long time. I'm not sure that's the case anymore. Maybe a season ticket holder or Seattle local could chime in but it doesn't feel like the same as it was during the Superbowl runs of 2005 and 2013.

Player wise I think guys like Wagner and Lockett are the leaders in the locker room, but none compare to Pete. He created the culture that is all of his own.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
It's been louder than it was when all of a sudden everyone wanted to be a seahawks fan
I was going to games in the kingdome and the clink , now lumen and the noise level is gettin back up there as we were supposed to suck bad last year , it seems a lot less casual type fans in the stands just by lookin at the people around us being more vocal and into the game as opposed to lookin at their phones and just yakkin every play no matter what down so that definitely helps but even the 12s know this team is different as it's a TEAM and not just a Me3 and everybody else so my vote is for pete instilling every guy fight for the guy next to you mentality but yeah , probably bobby

CouchLogic

Reaction score
First and foremost, Pete all day long. To me, it looks like he's re-establishing the attitude and vibe of his early years.

Creating competition at multiple position groups and letting them feast ala the Boom teams. Look at the DB, TE, RB, OL, Edge players. It'll be fun once Seattle starts throwing more capital into LB and DT, that's down the road though.

This team is being built the same way with hungry dudes trying to be better than everyone else. Will it pan out the same way? Only time will tell (I think yes though).

I think everyone believes in Mr. Smith as well. Plays to a high stadard and holds himself accountable when his performance is lackluster.

Bobby is Man, the defense has been his since he put on the blue and green. Brooks borrowed it last year, but I'm glad he gave it back for the rest of the ride. Absolute beast (on and off the field).

Last edited:
OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
First and foremost, Pete all day long. To me, it looks like he's re-establishing the attitude and vibe of his early years.

Creating competition at multiple position groups and letting them feast ala the Boom teams. Look at the DB, TE, RB, OL, Edge players. It'll be fun once Seattle starys throwing more capital into LB and DT, that's down the road though.

This team is being built the same way with hungry dudes trying to be better than everyone else. Will it pan out the same way? Only time will tell (I think yes though).

I think everyone believes in Mr. Smith as well. Plays to a high stadard and holds himself accountable when his performance is lackluster.

Bobby is Man, the defense has been his since he put on the blue and green. Brooks borrowed it last year, but I'm glad he gave it back for the rest of the ride. Absolute beast (on and off the field).
Sounded like we have Pete, and Bobby + Geno

NoGain

Reaction score
Bobby Wagner, Geno, Lockett, Witherspoon (yeah, I now it's early), Metcalf, and, of course, Pete Carroll.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I think that the combination of Pete's culture with Bobby and Geno's leadership is what is making things work right now.

But also give a lot of credit to coaching, such Offensive Line coach Andy Dickerson! Look what they have done despite injuries...Awesome!!!

cymatica

Reaction score
It's been louder than it was when all of a sudden everyone wanted to be a seahawks fan
I was going to games in the kingdome and the clink , now lumen and the noise level is gettin back up there as we were supposed to suck bad last year , it seems a lot less casual type fans in the stands just by lookin at the people around us being more vocal and into the game as opposed to lookin at their phones and just yakkin every play no matter what down so that definitely helps but even the 12s know this team is different as it's a TEAM and not just a Me3 and everybody else so my vote is for pete instilling every guy fight for the guy next to you mentality but yeah , probably bobby
RW got stale and his departure was necessary for what we are seeing now. What made 2010-2012 special was seeing a young team develop and knowing it was turning into something special. I see the same thing now and so do most fans

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Overall? Pete. So far this year? Player wise? It's been Spoon with Wagner as 1b.