Who's the heart and soul of current Hawks?

SeaChat

Reaction score
The greatest gift that Paul Allen gave to the Seattle Seahawks was the 12th Man. Recognizing and then giving life to the collective spirit of the Seahawks fans.

The 12th Man’s presence and influence was sensed by players and fans alike, often times lifting up players hopes and determination and at times by way of pure crazy Seahawks magic, always where when they needed it most, something not short of a miracle would occur resulting in a Seahawks victory.

Jermaine Kearse’s freaky crazy ass catches when we needed them the most, is the first example that comes to mind.

The impact that the 12th Man’s Spirit has had, real or imagined has for this lifetime Seahawks fan, allowed me the sense of feeling being a part of the Seahawks team and the Seahawks experience. For that I’m eternally grateful and proud to be a 12th Man.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
The 12s were heart and soul for a long time. I'm not sure that's the case anymore. Maybe a season ticket holder or Seattle local could chime in but it doesn't feel like the same as it was during the Superbowl runs of 2005 and 2013.

Player wise I think guys like Wagner and Lockett are the leaders in the locker room, but none compare to Pete. He created the culture that is all of his own.

It doesn't feel the same because 6 years of awful defense have beat the spirit from the 12's. How can you scream for your defense all game long only to have them crap the bed time and again.

The mystique of the 12 has always been a symbiosis of good defense and ear piercing noise. One cannot survive with the other. If the hawks build a great defense again, the noise and vibe from the 12's will come.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
The greatest gift that Paul Allen gave to the Seattle Seahawks was the 12th Man. Recognizing and then giving life to the collective spirit of the Seahawks fans.

The 12th Man’s presence and influence was sensed by players and fans alike, often times lifting up players hopes and determination and at times by way of pure crazy Seahawks magic, always where when they needed it most, something not short of a miracle would occur resulting in a Seahawks victory.

Jermaine Kearse’s freaky crazy ass catches when we needed them the most, is the first example that comes to mind.

The impact that the 12th Man’s Spirit has had, real or imagined has for this lifetime Seahawks fan, allowed me the sense of feeling being a part of the Seahawks team and the Seahawks experience. For that I’m eternally grateful and proud to be a 12th Man.
The 12th man existed before Paul Allen owned the team.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
You ain't wrong. Dudes like that are the spark and when they make splash plays it acts as a catalyst (in game) that can swing momentum. Those 4th, 5th, string players have always been the underdog and when they pop, the team gets amped. That said, an amped Seahawks team is hard to beat. An amped, focused Seahawks team is unstoppable.