Why are 49er home attendance figures not being published?

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Marvin49":14fb4eqw said:
So basically, it boils down to an "our fans are better than your fans" 2nd grade argument. Why do you care who shows up. It's like you are trying to win an argument that nobody else is fighting.

You guys have a good shot at back-to-back Championships and you are concerning yourself with attendance figures of a 7-8 team.

Get over it.

de·flec·tion
dəˈflekSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: deflection; plural noun: deflections; noun: deflexion; plural noun: deflexions

the action or process of deflecting or being deflected.

nope i wont get over it, ill shove right in your face. and im not sure why youre on a seahawk forum, arguing that attendance (and therefore fan support and a homefield advantage) matters or not. theres an added reason the hawks have a good shot at going back-to-back. and guess what, it comes back to our homefield advantage! see, that wasnt too hard connecting the dots! something surely a 2nd grader could do? or can you not follow?

enjoy downplaying reality

Treghc

Reaction score
People seem to care about the most petty, pointless things... Imagine if they put this amount of thought and effort in to things that actually improved their lives.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":fgygezkr said:
Popeyejones":fgygezkr said:
Jville":fgygezkr said:

Link to NFL attendance chart provided by ESPN >>> [urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance[/urltargetblank]

??? They are being published. Attendance figures come from the gamebooks the NFL releases after each game.

No idea why they're not on ESPN (it's a conspiracy, obviously), but they're officially reported in all the gamebooks, and it's not like there's anything to hide in them:

e.g.

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecente ... mebook.pdf

Notice how your attendance number is exactly the same every home game? Paid attendance ...Plenty of stadiums provide real attendance numbers, but the 49ers don't; and they didn't at Candlestick, either.

:lol:

You're making stuff up. In order of importance:

A) The ESPN stats you linked to COME from the NFL Gamebooks, which for ALL teams, as it is a standard form, report paid attendance.

B) If gamebooks were magically not reporting what they're reporting as you're claiming, it would basically be statistically impossible for the the Titans, Patriots, and Ravens to all have a perfect and even 100% attendance (the numbers go to the tenths column, it's simply impossible).

C) If what you're saying is true It would also basically be impossible for the third of the league which plays attendance games (putting capacity under actual capacity to have over 100% attendance) to be over 100% every year.

D) You're digging yourself deeper by making up that the 9ers were also one of the only teams to report paid attendance for a long time while at Candlestick. If this is about Levi's and this year, then you're contradicting your own argument.

I have no idea why ESPN has the column blank for the 9ers, but the suggestion that there's something funny going on can easily and rationally be dismissed because a) On NFL.com in a matter of seconds I could pull up the figures for the 9ers that ESPN relies on and 2) from the table on ESPN it's obvious what's being reported, and can also be easily verified on NFL.com (and you don't even need to, just with a cursory glance at the statistics).

Treghc":fgygezkr said:
People seem to care about the most petty, pointless things

Yeah. Like it or not that's part of a rivalry though. Just making stuff up is going a bit too far, IMO though.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3hs7vk80 said:
Marvin49":3hs7vk80 said:
Lol. The things you guys choose to care about sometimes.

As much as I hate to agree with you, I do. I'm kinda tired of everyone around here worrying about what the 49ers did or didn't do; said or didn't say and sop on. It just reeks of Seahawks fans inferiority complex.

Your statement comes of as if you have an inferiority complex about Seahawks fans. "Don't say things like that! 49er fans will laugh at our obsession over an NFCW rival!" Who cares? It's a discussion forum. Should we limit topics based on what other fans might think?

There's no reason to be concerned about fans looking for weakness in opposing teams fan base. Sometimes they are just curious about a fact they came across while reading an article and are looking for an answer.

Talking about opposing teams or fan bases it what fans do. Why people take it as an "inferiority complex" or even why they would be concerned what other fans might think of them is beyond me.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ivotuk":14x9xy2x said:
Jazzhawk":14x9xy2x said:
Marvin49":14x9xy2x said:

As much as I hate to agree with you, I do. I'm kinda tired of everyone around here worrying about what the 49ers did or didn't do; said or didn't say and sop on. It just reeks of Seahawks fans inferiority complex.

Your statement comes of as if you have an inferiority complex about Seahawks fans. "Don't say things like that! 49er fans will laugh at our obsession over an NFCW rival!" Who cares? It's a discussion forum. Should we limit topics based on what other fans might think?

There's no reason to be concerned about fans looking for weakness in opposing teams fan base. Sometimes they are just curious about a fact they came across while reading an article and are looking for an answer.

Talking about opposing teams or fan bases it what fans do. Why people take it as an "inferiority complex" or even why they would be concerned what other fans might think of them is beyond me.
BINGO!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":zg4sj6ie said:
RolandDeschain":zg4sj6ie said:
Popeyejones":zg4sj6ie said:
Jville":zg4sj6ie said:

Link to NFL attendance chart provided by ESPN >>> [urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance[/urltargetblank]

??? They are being published. Attendance figures come from the gamebooks the NFL releases after each game.

No idea why they're not on ESPN (it's a conspiracy, obviously), but they're officially reported in all the gamebooks, and it's not like there's anything to hide in them:

e.g.

Notice how your attendance number is exactly the same every home game? Paid attendance ...Plenty of stadiums provide real attendance numbers, but the 49ers don't; and they didn't at Candlestick, either.

:lol:

You're making stuff up. In order of importance:

A) The ESPN stats you linked to COME from the NFL Gamebooks, which for ALL teams, as it is a standard form, report paid attendance.

B) If gamebooks were magically not reporting what they're reporting as you're claiming, it would basically be statistically impossible for the the Titans, Patriots, and Ravens to all have a perfect and even 100% attendance (the numbers go to the tenths column, it's simply impossible).

C) If what you're saying is true It would also basically be impossible for the third of the league which plays attendance games (putting capacity under actual capacity to have over 100% attendance) to be over 100% every year.

D) You're digging yourself deeper by making up that the 9ers were also one of the only teams to report paid attendance for a long time while at Candlestick. If this is about Levi's and this year, then you're contradicting your own argument.

I have no idea why ESPN has the column blank for the 9ers, but the suggestion that there's something funny going on can easily and rationally be dismissed because a) On NFL.com in a matter of seconds I could pull up the figures for the 9ers that ESPN relies on and 2) from the table on ESPN it's obvious what's being reported, and can also be easily verified on NFL.com (and you don't even need to, just with a cursory glance at the statistics).

Treghc":zg4sj6ie said:
People seem to care about the most petty, pointless things

Yeah. Like it or not that's part of a rivalry though. Just making stuff up is going a bit too far, IMO though.
:177692: :34853_doh:
Boo frickin' hoo!

Do you ever get dizzy from all of the spinning you do? Just askin'!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3pvqe1uc said:
Marvin49":3pvqe1uc said:

Jazz?

Inferiority complex?

Marvin.. Worried?

That is genuinely funny stuff Jazz.. Marvin shows up in the 13 preseason and has integrated this board into his life just based on post count alone. A little over 1.5 seasons and in that time has told us fantastic stories of Stadiums, Quarterbacks, defenses and coaches. We have been sold Niner propaganda since the time Marvin took his ball, but lied and came back.

He has gone out of his way to celebrate his existence on this board with the DenialZoners, just because he doesn't like what Seahawks fans say and he claims WE are WORRIED about ANYTHING Niner? Turbo-Trolling at its finest.

The 12s are laughing at the Niners, period. Inferiority complex? That is what you have when your rival has occupied the top spot in the division for the better part of a decade, while your team has enjoyed a few seasons in that same time span.

If anything, the comments about the Niners are just a response to endless spin, because no one and I mean no one here is "worried".

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":y86qf8d3 said:
Jazzhawk":y86qf8d3 said:
Marvin49":y86qf8d3 said:

Jazz?

Inferiority complex?

Marvin.. Worried?

That is genuinely funny stuff Jazz.. Marvin shows up in the 13 preseason and has integrated this board into his life just based on post count alone. A little over 1.5 seasons and in that time has told us fantastic stories of Stadiums, Quarterbacks, defenses and coaches. We have been sold Niner propaganda since the time Marvin took his ball, but lied and came back.

He has gone out of his way to celebrate his existence on this board with the DenialZoners, just because he doesn't like what Seahawks fans say and he claims WE are WORRIED about ANYTHING Niner? Turbo-Trolling at its finest.

The 12s are laughing at the Niners, period. Inferiority complex? That is what you have when your rival has occupied the top spot in the division for the better part of a decade, while your team has enjoyed a few seasons in that same time span.

If anything, the comments about the Niners are just a response to endless spin, because no one and I mean no one here is "worried".
Thread winner right there! ^ :th2thumbs:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1t6qfl5o said:
:177692: :34853_doh:
Boo frickin' hoo!

Do you ever get dizzy from all of the spinning you do? Just askin'!

Okay, I'll play stupid with ya. ;)

What in the world am I spinning? Go for it. Explain it to me.

The "you're spinning!" without any explanation of what is being spun is simply trolling.

And of course, I'll more than happily take that back and admit being wrong if there's any legitimate substance to your claim that I'm spinning something. Pick a team and go back and reconstruct the ESPN figures from the gamebooks. Go for it. If I'm spinning something it won't be even remotely hard to find.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1kuyslqb said:
Marvin shows up in the 13 preseason and has integrated this board into his life just based on post count alone. A little over 1.5 seasons and in that time has told us fantastic stories of Stadiums, Quarterbacks, defenses and coaches. We have been sold Niner propaganda since the time Marvin took his ball, but lied and came back.

+1 - one only needs to go back and read some of his stuff here but primarily webzone to have an idea of who the guy is; bitter, narcissistic, overly obsessive and paired together with that obsession, largely a hypocrite. great combination of traits.

The 12s are laughing at the Niners, period.

+1

+1

Marvin49

Reaction score
What are you even talking about Loaf? If anything, I get flak from Webzoners over posting here. No clue why, but a number of them don't like it and have even accused my if being a Seahawks fan (seriously).

Never said you needed to worry about anything Niner, I simply wonder know why you bother worrying about it when Niners so clearly out of the chase.

I'm her because I enjoy talking with fans of our biggest division rival. I like the friendly banter and actually learn something about my rival when I'm here.

I guess I just don't understand the constant possession with "our fans are better than yours". For at least this season, we already know which team is better.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3hnbjb5n said:
Thread winner right there! ^ :th2thumbs:

The thread winner is a long post about Marvin that doesn't even bother to pretend to be about the topic of the thread? Interesting take on things, I gotta say. :lol:

Marvin49

Reaction score
seatownlowdown":g5jemq81 said:
loafoftatupu":g5jemq81 said:
Marvin shows up in the 13 preseason and has integrated this board into his life just based on post count alone. A little over 1.5 seasons and in that time has told us fantastic stories of Stadiums, Quarterbacks, defenses and coaches. We have been sold Niner propaganda since the time Marvin took his ball, but lied and came back.

+1 - one only needs to go back and read some of his stuff here but primarily webzone to have an idea of who the guy is; bitter, narcissistic, overly obsessive and paired together with that obsession, largely a hypocrite. great combination of traits.

The 12s are laughing at the Niners, period.

+1

+1

Jeez...there it is again, criticism that I post differently on the 'zone than I do here. Well of course I do.

It's like being in your house or someone else's house. Different set of rules. That's life. For example, I really can't stand Richard Sherman so am much more likely to say what I think of him there than here. I'm not lying here, I just don't talk about it at all because it doesn't go anywhere. And before anyone says it, I'm sure he's awesome off the field and I'd probably take him on my team in a second, I just can't stand his mouth.

Anyone who posts on both sites would know the difference. It ain't like it's any secret what I post over there as it's referenced often here and I use the same dreakin screen name. Hell, Laloosh has referenced something I posted over there directly on a few occasions.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":324dwrit said:

Real question: what was "spun" in this thread we're posting in? Explain it. Support it.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Why would we? We have a young team, a franchise quarterback, a historically great defense most of which is already locked up for the next 4-6 years and history on our side.

Since 2002 winning the division has gone this way...

1. Seattle 2004-2007, 2010, 2013 (6)
2. San Francisco 2002, 2011-12 (3)
3. Arizona 2008-09 (2)
4. St. Louis 2003 (1)

With us likely to win in 2014 to make it 7 division titles in 13 years.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3hf599dw said:
loafoftatupu":3hf599dw said:

Real question: what was "spun" in this thread we're posting in? Explain it. Support it.

Don't bother. "Spin" has long just become the stock response when they don't have a better one. Nothing is being spun because we aren't even addressing anything Niner related. It's just what they do.

"Sky is Blue"

"Nice spin Marv"

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ivotuk":3tv6s9k4 said:
Sometimes they are just curious about a fact they came across while reading an article and are looking for an answer.

Ehh, you're shifting a bit. In the second post in the thread Roland correctly noted that it's wasn't a sincere question asked out of curiosity, and was obviously a rhetorical one.

As for it being a rhetorical question or the implications of the rhetorical question I really couldn't care less. I just got my panties in a bunch b/c Roland made things up in order to dismiss my explanation (and examples) that the missing data on the ESPN page doesn't have anything to do with the NFL's (or 49ers') reporting of the figures.

Marvin49

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3qxey3e9 said:
Why would we? We have a young team, a franchise quarterback, a historically great defense most of which is already locked up for the next 4-6 years and history on our side.

3. Arizona 2008-09 (2)
4. St. Louis 2003 (1)

Kinda my point. Why bother? Why does this thread even exist? Why do peeps care?

....wait, I know what's coming....

"Keep spinning Marv"

Popeyejones

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":t6242yk8 said:

3. Arizona 2008-09 (2)
4. St. Louis 2003 (1)

The past doesn't matter. All the Hawks Super Bowl tattoos and reprinted banners and ticket wall decorations be damned. Only right now matters. I learned that here. ;)

(Note: THIS was an example of both spinning and trolling. figure it out guys... :lol: )

(and yes, the wink at the end of it WAS clarifying that it was a joke, jeez).

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2bppnm8s said:
MizzouHawkGal":2bppnm8s said:

3. Arizona 2008-09 (2)
4. St. Louis 2003 (1)

The past doesn't matter. All the Hawks Super Bowl tattoos and reprinted banners and ticket wall decorations be damned. Only right now matters. I learned that here. ;)

(Note: THIS was an example of both spinning and trolling. figure it out guys... :lol: )

(and yes, the wink at the end of it WAS clarifying that it was a joke, jeez).
Well I can't count 1967-2001 except for the one year we did play in the NFC West (1976) because it isn't relevent because we were in a different division and conference or didn't exist. :lol: