Why didn't Myers kick the fg?

seabowl

Reaction score
Watching game in a bar with no sound. What the he'll happened? Looks like Pete had some words for Meyers when he went back to the sideline.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
seabowl":3vizwb8p said:
Watching game in a bar with no sound. What the he'll happened? Looks like Pete had some words for Meyers when he went back to the sideline.
Doesn't have faith in him.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":1tgqqdsl said:
seabowl":1tgqqdsl said:

Myers didnt feel comfy per pete

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I could be way off the mark here, but Myers lacks confidence.

Thankfully he hit a long kick later in the game, but in this circumstance it just looked like he had the body language of "I'll never make this. And if I miss, I'll be a failure."

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Why didn't they just go on 4th and 1
Screwed up the fg
time penalty
Kick a punt

FUBAR.

northseahawk

Reaction score
POS Pete Carroll and his damn ego! Can't fg? Atleast go for it 4&1 like 99.9% of the teams will. I called this game after that shit call that it will turn out the way it did. PC better retire and let a person who is not suffering from dementia lead this team!

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3pmdncgi said:
Seahawk_Dan":3pmdncgi said:
seabowl":3pmdncgi said:

If this is true that's ridiculous.

Jason- definition Blair
Myers- definition Walsh

minormillikin

Reaction score
Why they were even kicking at all there is sad. They should have gone for it. Pete is just spineless most of the time.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
seabowl":1jhp9rty said:
Shanegotyou11":1jhp9rty said:
Seahawk_Dan":1jhp9rty said:
seabowl":1jhp9rty said:

Jason- definition Blair
Myers- definition Walsh

Nope its 100% true.

davidonmi

Reaction score
probably because he never should have been on the field in the first place.

4th and 1 at the +33. I don't think you could ask for more favorable circumstances to go for it.

Then Kingsbury goes for it (rightly) on 4th and 2 at our 47, makes it and gets points.

Brutal

chris98251

Reaction score
Wind could have been blowing in from that direction and the ball spot combination.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
chris98251":3rr0h440 said:
Wind could have been blowing in from that direction and the ball spot combination.

I get it but to line up knowing this and at the last second chicken out? It's up there with Jim Everett crumbling in the pocket with no pressure.

kmeleon

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":21w8bipo said:
seabowl":21w8bipo said:
Shanegotyou11":21w8bipo said:
Seahawk_Dan":21w8bipo said:

Jason- definition Blair
Myers- definition Walsh

Nope its 100% true.

How can you, as an NFL caliber kicker (and a highly paid one at that) not be comfortable kicking a 51yd FG? That lacks mental toughness right there. And why the hell would we not at least go for it from the 34yd line and you're supposedly fighting for a #1 seed. Baffling to me.

I never jump on Carroll really, the guy got us a SB trophy but he just went from big balls Pete to no balls Pete in my book. When you've got a high seed and a Division title on the line you don't get complacent....YOU CUT THE PIGGIES THROAT! We sucked in every dimension today. Offense, Defense, Coaching, etc. Terrible product.

mikeak

Reaction score
The problem isn't Pete being big balls or small balls

It is inconsistent. He refuses to use the analytics available and just does it with what he feels is right at the moment

It is not the smart way of doing things

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
xray":m51s3o79 said:
It's all about Pete .

Yep.

Pete has always been an indecisive knee jerk reactionary when it comes to in game decisions.

Instead of just using cold hard analytics, or erroring on the side of aggressiveness because he trusts his elite QB to convert?

He used past bad decisions to dictate how he makes the current decision in the moment, and he fails most of the time to make the right call.

I've said this for years, Pete should hand over the situational playcalling to Schotty and Russell. Russell's mic goes out in the Cleveland game, and he leads his team to a TD.

TRUST RUSSELL. But Pete can't. He won't.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
That was the beginning of the end last night. That was on Pete as that was a go for it scenario.

timmat

Reaction score
For a moment, let's set aside Pete's poor decision to not go for it on 4th and 1 from the 33.

Our kicker determined on his own to not go through with a 50yd kick? I was at the game - the flags on the goalposts were not waiving wildly or anything at that moment. I thought it was odd the kicker walked up to the placeholder. At first I thought it was some sort of fake. But was he really communicating to not call for the snap, and decided on his own not to kick it?

I'm not sure I've ever seen such a thing from a Seahawks kicker - and certainly not from that distance. It's a long kick, but not 57yds or something.

This guy seems to push almost every extra point attempt as well - even when he makes them.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
In Pete's presser he said Myers didnt like something up front. He also confirmed that they had confusion up front on the protection.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
timmat":n9xeylkt said:
For a moment, let's set aside Pete's poor decision to not go for it on 4th and 1 from the 33.

Our kicker determined on his own to not go through with a 50yd kick? I was at the game - the flags on the goalposts were not waiving wildly or anything at that moment. I thought it was odd the kicker walked up to the placeholder. At first I thought it was some sort of fake. But was he really communicating to not call for the snap, and decided on his own not to kick it?

I'm not sure I've ever seen such a thing from a Seahawks kicker - and certainly not from that distance. It's a long kick, but not 57yds or something.

This guy seems to push almost every extra point attempt as well - even when he makes them.

It was an entire series of a comedy of stupid errors.

1. If you take a shot on 3rd and 1 for a TD? Then that means you plan on going for it, if not you run the ball on 3rd.

2. Pete's indecisiveness led to Meyers and the FG unit running in late, which resulted in no time for Meyers to properly line up for a long FG.

3. Pete DIDN'T take a TO to either get the line right or send the offense back out to go for it.

4. Pete then gives this lame ass excuse that it was actually Meyers that caused the penalty cause "he didn't like the look of the line."

I mean, bro, just admit ur an idiot and screwed up the entire series. You really going to tell us it was your kicker, and you didn't have any control whatsover over how to handle that entire botched series of events?

Good god man, this crap is sad to watch week after week.