Why does RW get a pass ?

randomation

Reaction score
68% comp percentage behind a line that is giving beast around 3 yards a carry smh. Are people just freaking dumb we have lost 5 4th qtr leads and it should have been 6 the D gets some blame here ffs.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
randomation":1n5nciqw said:
68% comp percentage behind a line that is giving beast around 3 yards a carry smh. Are people just freaking dumb we have lost 5 4th qtr leads and it should have been 6 the D gets some blame here ffs.
Stats do not tell the entire story, and I believe that they are very deceptive when talking about Wilson due to the offense he plays in. Yes, our defense has had meltdowns in the fourth quarter, however when you say you want to be the highest paid QB in the NFL, and make a big fuss about it in the off-season, you best deliver. So, yes while the defense has dropped the ball so to speak, so has the offense. We are near the bottom of the league in red-zone efficiency, in the fourth quarter last week we only had a total of 3 first downs. Most of the drives went three and out, and we saw the same thing play out against the Panthers. Our offense could not move the ball in the fourth quarter. This is where Wilson needs to step up, this is why he is among the top paid QB's in the league.

Our offense was given short fields twice by our defense, and we came away with a field-goal, we were only 23 percent in the red-zone. In my mind that is unacceptable. These are opportunities that we need to cash in on. We lost the battle in time of possession, third down percentage, red-zone percentage, touchdowns, third down conversions, everything. The only thing we came out on top in was turnover differential on offense. The defense we had the last few years was among the all time greatest. It's talked about in the same breath as the 85 bears, 2000 ravens, and 2003 buccaneers. This year it is clear that our defensive unit is not that team.

In the Wilson era we've only won TWO games when the team scores 24 points or more. At some point Wilson is going to have to graduate from being a playmaker that doesn't turn the ball over to being a field general. Wilson's play went great with the dominate defensive units, but this year we have come down to earth. We will not always be the number one defense, year, after year. We need to offense to pick up the slack, and so far they haven't. It's not realistic to expect a number one defense EVERY YEAR.

Wilson's play this year has been high erratic. He's missing throws he used to make, he is walking himself into sacks, he's holding the ball, and hesitating to pull the trigger. Yes, our O-Line is not the best, but Wilson is not doing them any favors, he looks like a chicken with his head cut off in the pocket, even when there is no pressure. Teams have found out that the best way to stop Wilson is to send 5, and keep him in the pocket. He really looks out of his comfort zone here. His greatest strength, his improvisational skills, has also taught him some really bad habits.

I'm not saying Wilson is a bad QB, not at all --- but he really needs to refine his game. I'm not asking the guy to abandon what he does best, but that cannot be the only thing that Wilson thrives off of. He holds the ball for a long time because he can get away with it, but with the way teams are playing him he can no longer afford to do so. Wilson is far from the biggest problem on the team, but right now he is not the solution -- and in the position that he plays, for as much money as he is being paid I expect more.

mrt144

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":ssrokqum said:
randomation":ssrokqum said:
Stats do not tell the entire story, and I believe that they are very deceptive when talking about Wilson due to the offense he plays in. Yes, our defense has had meltdowns in the fourth quarter, however when you say you want to be the highest paid QB in the NFL, and make a big fuss about it in the off-season, you best deliver. So, yes while the defense has dropped the ball so to speak, so has the offense. We are near the bottom of the league in red-zone efficiency, in the fourth quarter last week we only had a total of 3 first downs. Most of the drives went three and out, and we saw the same thing play out against the Panthers. Our offense could not move the ball in the fourth quarter. This is where Wilson needs to step up, this is why he is among the top paid QB's in the league.

Our offense was given short fields twice by our defense, and we came away with a field-goal, we were only 23 percent in the red-zone. In my mind that is unacceptable. These are opportunities that we need to cash in on. We lost the battle in time of possession, third down percentage, red-zone percentage, touchdowns, third down conversions, everything. The only thing we came out on top in was turnover differential on offense. The defense we had the last few years was among the all time greatest. It's talked about in the same breath as the 85 bears, 2000 ravens, and 2003 buccaneers. This year it is clear that our defensive unit is not that team.

In the Wilson era we've only won TWO games when the team scores 24 points or more. At some point Wilson is going to have to graduate from being a playmaker that doesn't turn the ball over to being a field general. Wilson's play went great with the dominate defensive units, but this year we have come down to earth. We will not always be the number one defense, year, after year. We need to offense to pick up the slack, and so far they haven't. It's not realistic to expect a number one defense EVERY YEAR.

Wilson's play this year has been high erratic. He's missing throws he used to make, he is walking himself into sacks, he's holding the ball, and hesitating to pull the trigger. Yes, our O-Line is not the best, but Wilson is not doing them any favors, he looks like a chicken with his head cut off in the pocket, even when there is no pressure. Teams have found out that the best way to stop Wilson is to send 5, and keep him in the pocket. He really looks out of his comfort zone here. His greatest strength, his improvisational skills, has also taught him some really bad habits.

I'm not saying Wilson is a bad QB, not at all --- but he really needs to refine his game. I'm not asking the guy to abandon what he does best, but that cannot be the only thing that Wilson thrives off of. He holds the ball for a long time because he can get away with it, but with the way teams are playing him he can no longer afford to do so. Wilson is far from the biggest problem on the team, but right now he is not the solution -- and in the position that he plays, for as much money as he is being paid I expect more.

Then your expectations are foolish because he's reached his ceiling on this team with this lack of investment in OL and WR and a scheme that actively fights against taking risks.

He gets paid the amount he does because market, opportunity cost baked in to QB replacenent and a statistical record and tape that back up that he can ball outtacontrol.

I swear to god, intrinsic value vs nominal price here

SeaChase

Reaction score
erik2690":39749o92 said:
SeaChase":39749o92 said:
You missed where Russell Wilson is horrendously inaccurate.
You missed where Russell Wilson plays it too safe and doesn't throw the ball until the WR is wide open.

What? His comp. % is high, like ~4th in league maybe. You can't be high in comp. yet "horrendously inaccurate. Maybe you mean he misses some throws. Also, he has thrown it up for people to go get, maybe not as much as you would like, but he has thrown into tight spaces.

It's not necessarily the completion aspect. How often do the WR's catch the ball and run for big plays? It's not often. Wilson rarely throws to a WR in stride. The WR's are usually fighting to catch the ball and a big part of it is poor timing and ball placement.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawkfannj":30og0uyp said:
I was wondering why does RW get mostly a pass on his performance? IMHO he is just as much to blame as anyone! Just a weird thing I picked up on . His contract is mega superstar can take the team ony back and win money .and he really has not lived up or looks like he will not this year at least . so my real question is when are we gonna criticize him and his play without the excuses?
Oh I don't know, maybe because he has SHIT FOR QB PROTECTION, the O-line isn't getting any kind of push for Lynch, or any of our RB's this Season, and Wilson is expected to single handedly pull out a barrel of WHOOP-ASS, and beat these Defenses?
This is a Pete Carroll's TOP 3 DEFENSE, right?.....Ever since SB 49, the Seahawks Defense has been messing up A BUNCH, but we all expect perfection from Wilson?
The math just ain't adding up.