Why I am disappointed in Russell Wilson?

Marlin Man

Reaction score
I vote for keeping our costs down and getting two first round choices for him in the end.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marlin Man":28nywvjn said:
I vote for keeping our costs down and getting two first round choices for him in the end.

I vote to give myself veto power on your vote.

Russell will sign before the next regular season game is played.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Marlin Man":2e6ep9vm said:
I vote not to wonder if you're trolling and questioning which team you may actually be a fan of.....

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":15kvqlxv said:
I for one enjoy seeing that some hawk fans are capable of being critical of RW. It adds some balance and interesting discussion here, and lets be fair, RW has gotten more than his fair share of over the top love and anointed sainthood from hawk fans, based primarily on media reports.

Now that the media hints that he may be making questionable choices, we are to wait and not judge. Interesting double standard.
I find it odd that there are hawk fans that are so wrapped up in RW that any perceived slight gets them all in a ruffle.
You use portions of the media's negative perspective, as a source to prop up your argument against Russell Wilson, when they don't know any more than any of us here on .NET.
I'm surprised that they haven't named the "National Enquirer" as one of their main sources for their info.
What I find "Odd", is folks who are running with deflated balls.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3jileabt said:
Hawkpower":3jileabt said:
I for one enjoy seeing that some hawk fans are capable of being critical of RW. It adds some balance and interesting discussion here, and lets be fair, RW has gotten more than his fair share of over the top love and anointed sainthood from hawk fans, based primarily on media reports.

Now that the media hints that he may be making questionable choices, we are to wait and not judge. Interesting double standard.
I find it odd that there are hawk fans that are so wrapped up in RW that any perceived slight gets them all in a ruffle.
You use portions of the media's negative perspective, as a source to prop up your argument against Russell Wilson, when they don't know any more than any of us here on .NET.
I'm surprised that they haven't named the "National Enquirer" as one of their main sources for their info.

I don't have an "argument against Russell Wilson". I said that I enjoy seeing a different perspective. It keeps the board interesting and alive. I love RW, but there are a few fans that are incapable of being objective when his name comes up.

As far as the media goes, you are right, they may not know any more than the average joe. On the other hand, we do have enough secondary evidence based on agent/RW comments, past history of our FO, etc to start to wonder-as the media is- what the hold up is. And it doesn't appear to be the FO's holdup.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Hawkpower":11ovv9ap said:
scutterhawk":11ovv9ap said:
Hawkpower":11ovv9ap said:

I don't have an "argument against Russell Wilson". I said that I enjoy seeing a different perspective. It keeps the board interesting and alive. I love RW, but there are a few fans that are incapable of being objective when his name comes up.

As far as the media goes, you are right, they may not know any more than the average joe. On the other hand, we do have enough secondary evidence based on agent/RW comments, past history of our FO, etc to start to wonder-as the media is- what the hold up is. And it doesn't appear to be the FO's holdup.

It's nice to know that someone knows what's best for Russell. Well done!

SC

Hawkpower

Reaction score
StoneCold":2iozvceq said:
Hawkpower":2iozvceq said:
scutterhawk":2iozvceq said:
Hawkpower":2iozvceq said:

SC

You must have accidently quoted my post, because your response has nothing to do with anything I said.

It happens, no worries :)

StoneCold

Reaction score
Hawkpower":305jyx9b said:

Stonecold":305jyx9b said:

SC

Hawkpower":305jyx9b said:
You must have accidently quoted my post, because your response has nothing to do with anything I said.

I quoted the way I intended. Your comment that the FO is not the hold up implies that Russell is being unreasonable, there by implying that you know what's best for Russell better than Russell does. And doing it on rumors to boot.

SC

hawknation2015

Reaction score
It's very easy to imagine a 26 year old, in the midst of negotiating his first major contract, getting caught up in wanting an absurd amount of new money ($25-30 million APY) even at the expense of his team's cap flexibility (>15%).

We don't know if this is what is happening, and I certainly hope it is not. Cap flexibility is absolutely critical to the team's continued success . . . one player cannot win it all on his own. All we can do is hope that Russell and his inexperienced baseball agent get that at some point.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
StoneCold":mzi26zz3 said:
Hawkpower":mzi26zz3 said:

Stonecold":mzi26zz3 said:

SC

Hawkpower":mzi26zz3 said:

I quoted the way I intended. Your comment that the FO is not the hold up implies that Russell is being unreasonable, there by implying that you know what's best for Russell better than Russell does. And doing it on rumors to boot.

SC

Haha wow you sure assumed a lot about what I think based on a very innocuous comment. It doesn't imply that at all. I said it appears to be in RW's court right now. All of that other stuff came from you, not me.

RW is great, not sure why some here feel like they have to fly to his honor unnecessarily at every other post. I want him here like everyone else but I think its ok to ponder other points of view. For goodness sake hes just a guy playing on a team we that we all cheer for on Sundays, lets keep that in mind :)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So it's ok for people to assume the worst about the guy, but if someone stick up for Wilson, they are clearly a homer. ok then

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":37fhc4lr said:
So it's ok for people to assume the worst about the guy, but if someone stick up for Wilson, they are clearly a homer. ok then

Assuming the worst about the guy? Seems a little dramatic don't you think?

I saw a few guys say they were disappointed overall. Hawknation 2015 points out that it would be nice if RW's agent would fine tune his thought process a bit.

That's about it.

Seems fair to me. Are we not allowed to step into semi, slightly critical ground regarding our QB without posters accusing others of slandering character?

ok then.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3etzaw4q said:
SoulfishHawk":3etzaw4q said:

I saw a few guys say they were disappointed overall. Hawknation 2015 points out that it would be nice if RW's agent would fine tune his thought process a bit.

That's about it.

Seems fair to me. Are we not allowed to step into semi, slightly critical ground regarding our QB without posters accusing others of slandering character?

ok then.

My objection is not about being critical of Russell. It's about doing it based on half baked information.

SC

rideaducati

Reaction score
StoneCold":3c5rcfl0 said:
Hawkpower":3c5rcfl0 said:
SoulfishHawk":3c5rcfl0 said:

That's about it.

ok then.

My objection is not about being critical of Russell. It's about doing it based on half baked information.

SC

When half baked information is all you have, you have to go with that until more information comes out if you want to have any sort of conversation about the subject.

chris98251

Reaction score
rideaducati":3pxmnai4 said:
StoneCold":3pxmnai4 said:
Hawkpower":3pxmnai4 said:
SoulfishHawk":3pxmnai4 said:

That's about it.

ok then.

SC

When half baked information is all you have, you have to go with that until more information comes out if you want to have any sort of conversation about the subject.

Would you put money on half baked information? Probably not, why a argument of any sort is very weak to support with half baked information, why so many threads on the same subject is a indication that opinions and speculation is about as relevant as guessing the lottery numbers. Somebody may be right but the odds are very long.

StoneCold

Reaction score
What I find disappointing about some Seahawk fans is, despite the fact that these guys risk their bodies for our entertainment, when they try to get paid as much as they can, we call them greedy, selfish phonies that are trying to ruin our team. Look in the mirror.

SC

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly. Putting down others has become a popular thing these days. We love you Russ!!!! Until you try to get a contract, you greedy punk......

rideaducati

Reaction score
The conversation is what is getting us through the long offseason.

As far as putting money on "half-baked" information, no, I wouldn't put money on that. I am still betting on Russell signing before the next regular season game.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
StoneCold":2ifd5o7q said:
What I find disappointing about some Seahawk fans is, despite the fact that these guys risk their bodies for our entertainment, when they try to get paid as much as they can, we call them greedy, selfish phonies that are trying to ruin our team. Look in the mirror.

SC

Greedy selfish phony ruining the team? Again with the dramatic.

And this is proving my point. A couple people in this thread have expressed mild potential disappointment and the reactions in turn are so extreme they are laughable.

I guess I view the situation differently. I am a fan of the team first, individual players second. I want whats best for the team. That means RW as our QB of course, he is so special for our team.

The discussion at hand is if there is a certain point in which his potential contract could hurt the team. Sounds like that is the crux of this issue......and where RW and his desires fits in with that. Is that not discussion worthy?

Team first, individual players second. Maybe I'm just old school :)

BTW: your first line made me laugh.....you don't really believe that NFL players put on a uniform for the sole purpose of being philanthropic and pleasing the public do you? I would image, fame and fortune rank slightly higher on the motivating meter than pleasing Chris from Renton each Sunday afternoon lol.