Why they lost this game

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Yeah and most of that is him trying to do something, anything to get the offense going with the plays that were called. There's plays to be made when the opposition is that aggressive in pass rush, but you have to call those plays to make it happen.

Wilson made a career of being heroic in the 4th quarter when the play book was chucked because it wasnt working. Geno isnt that guy. The excuses Geno receives were never given to Russ when the situations were the same.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Wilson made a career of being heroic in the 4th quarter when the play book was chucked because it wasnt working. Geno isnt that guy. The excuses Geno receives were never given to Russ when the situations were the same.
Geno isn't Russ. Geno is more of a pocket passer. He depends on the success of the O as a whole.

LTH

JPatera76

Reaction score
The Seahawks lost this game because the O line got their ass kicked in the trenches. That Ravens D is a VERY special D.

Why everybody thinks it's Geno's fault is beyond me. It's just stupidity... the Hawks rushed 15 for 28 yards and that's Geno's fault?

Yeah Geno had an INT but it didn't affect the game as the Seahawk D took it right back Geno was sacked 4 times for 38 yards but the pressures he got were enormous!

TOP was 40 min Ravens ,20 min Seahawks that why the Seahawks gave up so many points because they were on the field for way more than they should have.

Did Geno have his best game ... no he did not but what do you really expect a QB to do under that amount of pressure?

Hawks got there ass kicked from a better team... it happens this is the NFL..

This loss doesn't matter. Learn from it and move on.

What matters is how they play down the stretch...

LTH
The Oline sucks.. and has no cohesion. Why? Because Pete wants to treat it like a Dline and giving a damn different different personnel group every damn week. It’s been inconsistent because different dudes, in different positions.

keasley45

Reaction score
Our offensive scheme is part of the issue. I found myself missing Schotty as I was watching the game. He was capable of putting together a solid plan and establish an identity.

This game... we were getting beat up front all day. Hoe many screens did we run? How often did we go with the big TE sets? It seems as though Shane is angling to be known as a McVay Jr through the air. I dont understand what our ide tire is on the ground.

And Geno will only go as far as Shane will take him. He's a traditional pocket passer who has to have a smart scheme to help him succeed. Today? I was there. Saw it for myself. There was almost nothing available in the pass game and what was there, there was little time to get the ball out before the pocket collapsed. Or, the ball was batted at the line.
The entire team looked frustrated. Geno and the skill guys looked demoralized. The defense was beat in the first minute of the 2nd half. Diggs was arguing with the DBs. Game was over.
Best part of the game was the halftime show. They had 2 trainers with their border collies doing Frisbee tricks. Was a lot of fun. And then the 2nd half started.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
You don't think our D has anything to do with the opposing team's time of possession?
I think that when the D is on the field for as long as they were they get really tired. When the O has some success it gives the D a chance to rest. Ravens had the ball 40 min in this game the Seahawks had it 20 min. That's a HUGE factor!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Our offensive scheme is part of the issue. I found myself missing Schotty as I was watching the game. He was capable of putting together a solid plan and establish an identity.

This game... we were getting beat up front all day. Hoe many screens did we run? How often did we go with the big TE sets? It seems as though Shane is angling to be known as a McVay Jr through the air. I dont understand what our ide tire is on the ground.

And Geno will only go as far as Shane will take him. He's a traditional pocket passer who has to have a smart scheme to help him succeed. Today? I was there. Saw it for myself. There was almost nothing available in the pass game and what was there, there was little time to get the ball out before the pocket collapsed. Or, the ball was batted at the line.
The entire team looked frustrated. Geno and the skill guys looked demoralized. The defense was beat in the first minute of the 2nd half. Diggs was arguing with the DBs. Game was over.
Best part of the game was the halftime show. They had 2 trainers with their border collies doing Frisbee tricks. Was a lot of fun. And then the 2nd half started.
I think Schottenheimer was underrated as an OC here. I still think he was the best OC that we’ve had under Carroll. Our red zone and third down offense was great underneath Schottenheimer and he had some interesting sets with the TEs. He also did the best job maximizing Wilson’s strengths and hiding his weaknesses.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
The Oline sucks.. and has no cohesion. Why? Because Pete wants to treat it like a Dline and giving a damn different different personnel group every damn week. It’s been inconsistent because different dudes, in different positions.
That has to do with injuries as well... how many players did he actually sub and how often?

LTH

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
That game winning TD drive late in the 4th quarter had a little something to do with winning that game too though.
Point being I don’t know if it is the same if we don’t get the interception and are backed up after a punt.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I think that when the D is on the field for as long as they were they get really tired. When the O has some success it gives the D a chance to rest. Ravens had the ball 40 min in this game the Seahawks had it 20 min. That's a HUGE factor!

The offense was the bigger problem today, but we should expect a lot more out of our defense regardless of how long they were out there. I've seen plenty of good defenses in my lifetime have to play most of the game and still hold the opponents to less than 20 points.

warden

Reaction score
You are going to lose every time when the best your offense can do is 29 yards on the ground

You are going to lose every time when your defense gives up 300 yards on the ground

You have zero chance when you do both

That is why we lost today

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I'm NOT giving Geno a pass. I just know when a team plays a D like the Ravens have you have to be able to run the ball or there pass rush is going to eat you up and that's EXACTLY what happen... not Geno's fault they couldn't run the ball... same thing happened to Russ when they couldn't run the ball... 15 for 28 would have killed Russ too.

LTH

scutterhawk

Reaction score
But you see that's the point. Geno is middling at best. He's never going to be the reason we win. Look at all the serious contenders and you'll see teams with good to great QBs.

Geno is middling.
Okay Mr. Know it all, the DEFENSE allowed FOURTYFOUR POINTS.
A RAGTAG Offen-SEIVE line allows that many Sacks, Hits & Hurries? I DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHO the Seahawks have in there @ Quarterback, THEY ARE GOING TO COLLAPSE UNDER THAT KIND OF PRESSURE!!!!!!!
T-R-U-T-H > Geno was SHIT today, but SO WAS EVERYONE ELSE that was wearing a Seahawks Uniform.

keasley45

Reaction score
You are going to lose every time when the best your offense can do is 29 yards on the ground

You are going to lose every time when your defense gives up 300 yards on the ground

You have zero chance when you do both

That is why we lost today
This. We have zero identity on the ground. Zero.

• Love
Reactions: LTH
OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
The offense was the bigger problem today, but we should expect a lot more out of our defense regardless of how long they were out there. I've seen plenty of good defenses in my lifetime have to play most of the game and still hold the opponents to less than 20 points.
I have to rewatch the game ... it was an emotional loss and I'm sure I missed some stuff

Polk738

Reaction score
Not to take anything away from what anyone has already posted but I will just say that Ravens defense is seriously for real and they were bringing pressure from EVERYWHERE it was insane, not sure if anyone else has noticed a defensive trend lately but a lot of teams are using these crazy Cover 0 blitz packages and the Ravens were no different today, I've never seen anything like that.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
"It's just stupidity." Really? We watched our franchise qb make miracles happen out of thin air for years, with bad o-lines and running for his life. Remember all the big plays off of scramble drills? How is it stupidity to say that we lost because Geno is unable to do that?
Yeah??? "Stupidity"? How's that workin' out for him in Denver under Sean Payton???
If the dog hadn't of stop to take a sh*t, he'd have caught that rabbit.
FOURTYFOUR POINTS GIVEN UP BY THE SEAHAWKS DEFENSE didn't have anything to do with this F'n loss????????????

morgulon1

Reaction score
What about the defense giving up 37 points? No matter how bad your offense is, that is really, really bad.
Offense 1-12 3rd downs and held the ball for 20 minutes of a 60 minute game.
Not giving the defense a pass, they played poorly. It was bound to happen