Why they lost this game

warden

Reaction score
Offense 1-12 3rd downs and held the ball for 20 minutes of a 60 minute game.
Not giving the defense a pass, they played poorly. It was bound to happen
The average yardage needed by the Seahawks on third down was 10.2 yards. A recipe for disaster

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Because Pete will never deviate from The Plan, and refuses to (I know it's not because he can't) make any substantial adjustments in game. You have to really be stubborn to lose this bad in the NFL -- it could've easily been 44-3, which would put it as the worst shellacking this season after the 70-20 Dolphins over Broncs. Even Rusty Russ scored 20 points in that game. Pete had no answers on any side of the ball and the Ravens carved him up like a turkey. Easy to do to somebody who is so bullheaded that he'd rather chalk up this embarrassment as "a learning experience", as opposed to, say, actually trying to win the game. Meanwhile the players are smashing their helmets onto the ground and crying into their lockers. What a ROPE A DOPE. Here's to another more wins that not, maybe in the playoffs then knocked out early, "good enough" Mariners-style season for Seattle sports. Huskies should look good in the Fiesta Bowl, tho.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Not to take anything away from what anyone has already posted but I will just say that Ravens defense is seriously for real and they were bringing pressure from EVERYWHERE it was insane, not sure if anyone else has noticed a defensive trend lately but a lot of teams are using these crazy Cover 0 blitz packages and the Ravens were no different today, I've never seen anything like that.
If Seattle wasn’t as bad, the Ravens wouldn’t look like world beaters.

Seattle looked more so bad than the Ravens were so much more great…

GemCity

Reaction score
Geno’s looked like hot garbage as of late. It’s easy to insinuate that he was the main problem in this game.

I think both sides of the argument are legit but, no one could’ve QB’d this monstrosity we saw upfront today.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Geno isn't Russ. Geno is more of a pocket passer. He depends on the success of the O as a whole.

LTH

So Geno gets a pass because he's a pocket passer while Russ got crucified because he tried to make things happen. Got it.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'm NOT giving Geno a pass. I just know when a team plays a D like the Ravens have you have to be able to run the ball or there pass rush is going to eat you up and that's EXACTLY what happen... not Geno's fault they couldn't run the ball... same thing happened to Russ when they couldn't run the ball... 15 for 28 would have killed Russ too.

LTH

I'm thinking Russ could have mustered up more than 3 points in that game though.

cymatica

Reaction score
Our offensive scheme is part of the issue. I found myself missing Schotty as I was watching the game. He was capable of putting together a solid plan and establish an identity.

This game... we were getting beat up front all day. Hoe many screens did we run? How often did we go with the big TE sets? It seems as though Shane is angling to be known as a McVay Jr through the air. I dont understand what our ide tire is on the ground.

And Geno will only go as far as Shane will take him. He's a traditional pocket passer who has to have a smart scheme to help him succeed. Today? I was there. Saw it for myself. There was almost nothing available in the pass game and what was there, there was little time to get the ball out before the pocket collapsed. Or, the ball was batted at the line.
The entire team looked frustrated. Geno and the skill guys looked demoralized. The defense was beat in the first minute of the 2nd half. Diggs was arguing with the DBs. Game was over.
Best part of the game was the halftime show. They had 2 trainers with their border collies doing Frisbee tricks. Was a lot of fun. And then the 2nd half started.
You're confirming what I thought I saw on the broadcast. All long developing plays, minimal short stuff. The only screen I remember was a wr screen to JSN on 3rd and 14, which would have been a great call on 1st or 2nd down. Play calling was disgusting. It was completely unimaginative and stale, as if Waldron was either unaware of the game in front of him or just is not good enough to figure out an answer.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Yeah??? "Stupidity"? How's that workin' out for him in Denver under Sean Payton???
If the dog hadn't of stop to take a sh*t, he'd have caught that rabbit.
FOURTYFOUR POINTS GIVEN UP BY THE SEAHAWKS DEFENSE didn't have anything to do with this F'n loss????????????
What part of 2012-2109 Russell Wilson do you not understand? He's not nearly what he once was.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
What part of 2012-2109 Russell Wilson do you not understand? He's not nearly what he once was.
Russ is mostly definitely cooked at this point. Hopefully he can give Penix some good pointers next year. Hopefully Penix can take some lessons from RW3's descent into hubris.

nwHawk

Reaction score
What about the defense giving up 37 points? No matter how bad your offense is, that is really, really bad.
The way the game started out, it was a defensive slugfest. Defense also got two turnovers. The offense held the ball for only 20 of the possible 60 minutes, every defense would be tired.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Russel Wilson would have beaten the Ravens today.
I don’t know how this vision of truth came to me but I thought this was the place to share it.

calinator

Reaction score
Both are to blame. Very strange to blame just the defense though when the offense is 1-12 on 3rd downs. Not only will gas your defense but you are also giving up field position constantly. This happened at home against the Rams 5 years ago and the LOB got cooked. You can't gas out your defense and have them set up to fail with bad field position. Team wide failure. Offense, defense and coaching.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Both are to blame. Very strange to blame just the defense though when the offense is 1-12 on 3rd downs. Not only will gas your defense but you are also giving up field position constantly. This happened at home against the Rams 5 years ago and the LOB got cooked. You can't gas out your defense and have them set up to fail with bad field position. Team wide failure. Offense, defense and coaching.
Why the current coaching staff hates converting 3rd downs and loves giving up 3rd and long with passes up the middle I will never understand. It's like clockwork. And will not change.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens represent the AFC in the Superbowl. They are that good. The positive from this game is that they Seahawks now know they have a lot of work to do. There is time to get better. I expect them to thoroughly steamroll the Commanders next Sunday. One thing PC teams have shown is their bounce back from tough losses the following week. While I'm disappointed in the way they played today, I'm not as angry as I was when they blew the game against the Rams in week 1.

warden

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens represent the AFC in the Superbowl. They are that good. The positive from this game is that they Seahawks now know they have a lot of work to do. There is time to get better. I expect them to thoroughly steamroll the Commanders next Sunday. One thing PC teams have shown is their bounce back from tough losses the following week. While I'm disappointed in the way they played today, I'm not as angry as I was when they blew the game against the Rams in week 1.
Yep. We will bounce back next Sunday. We are a much better team then we showed today

Xxx

Reaction score
The Seahawks lost this game because the O line got their ass kicked in the trenches. That Ravens D is a VERY special D.

Why everybody thinks it's Geno's fault is beyond me. It's just stupidity... the Hawks rushed 15 for 28 yards and that's Geno's fault?

Yeah Geno had an INT but it didn't affect the game as the Seahawk D took it right back Geno was sacked 4 times for 38 yards but the pressures he got were enormous!

TOP was 40 min Ravens ,20 min Seahawks that why the Seahawks gave up so many points because they were on the field for way more than they should have.

Did Geno have his best game ... no he did not but what do you really expect a QB to do under that amount of pressure?

Hawks got there ass kicked from a better team... it happens this is the NFL..

This loss doesn't matter. Learn from it and move on.

What matters is how they play down the stretch...

LTH
What about the defense giving up 37 points? No matter how bad your offense is, that is really, really bad.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
It’s not Geno’s fault. But in the same way that Denver media will say Russ isn’t the problem, he’s just not the solution. I feel that’s true here.

The pairing of Waldron and Geno feels like an offense with a lot of stuff it can do, but no heart or identity. We are so quick to give up on concepts and move to another concept that we quickly give up on.

Are we a 12 personnel UC play action team? Are we 11 personnel pistol/shotgun? Are we a “live in empty and spread them out” team?

And it just feels like we never know what to go to to get in rhythm. We’re a spin the wheel offense.

Say what you will about the Russ years, but Pete knew how to help Russ get into a flow and manufacture offense.

The story of the season will be written by how well Pete/Waldron can answer that question. What are we on offense?

You need that, so when you get punched in the mouth, you don’t cave. You know what your going to do.