Why we should not overreact

ptisme

Reaction score
Next week you have the niners... Unfortunately we have to go to Atlanta next week....

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Negative outlook is something people choose, we all look at it our own way. This team has looked flat in the opener quite a few times. Meh, on to next Sunday.

classicaaron

Reaction score
you say we play this bad against the Packers all the time so why worry. We need to worry because the Packers are ALWAYS a contender and in the playoffs and the Hawks will most likely have to go through them. If they cant fix the problems why even get excited for a playoff run. they will just lose to them like always - but hey don't worry.

and for those saying the hawks always start slow. well they are also becoming known as the team to win a terrible division and lose in the divisional round and doing so with zero offensive production. so sure don't overreact and im not. im just a realist and can see nothing has changed and the results will not change either. we are a divisional round loss with zero actual contention for a championship.

its not the fact they lost. I predicted they would lose before the season started. its the fact they lost yet again with the looks of a college offense on the field. if you lose a shoot out or lose by a 4th quarter comeback by Rodgers its still respectable and gives hope. this was anything but that.

SeahawksForever

Reaction score
Pretty much everyone had this pegged as a loss from the day the schedules came out. And guess what? We lost. So now let's reel off 5 or 6 in a row.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
classicaaron":22ro94nu said:
you say we play this bad against the Packers all the time so why worry. We need to worry because the Packers are ALWAYS a contender and in the playoffs and the Hawks will most likely have to go through them. If they cant fix the problems why even get excited for a playoff run. they will just lose to them like always - but hey don't worry.

and for those saying the hawks always start slow. well they are also becoming known as the team to win a terrible division and lose in the divisional round and doing so with zero offensive production. so sure don't overreact and im not. im just a realist and can see nothing has changed and the results will not change either. we are a divisional round loss with zero actual contention for a championship.

its not the fact they lost. I predicted they would lose before the season started. its the fact they lost yet again with the looks of a college offense on the field. if you lose a shoot out or lose by a 4th quarter comeback by Rodgers its still respectable and gives hope. this was anything but that.
But a realist would understand that another meeting with the Pack would be 4 months down the road and lots of variables will change by then.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Worried about this aspect. Think Capers has Bevell, and Wilson to a degree, figured out.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Just wait till next Monday when we destroy the Niners 35-0 and everyone will think this is the greatest Seahawks team ever.

Seymour

Reaction score
We saw this last year, and now here we go again. 1st and goal from the 5 = 3 points.

On D, 3rd and 11 = letting Rodgers scramble for a first. Over and over we see these things.

It is just very bad and hard to watch football more than the loss that makes it difficult to endure.

cymatica

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":ucrozzaq said:
classicaaron":ucrozzaq said:

But a realist would understand that another meeting with the Pack would be 4 months down the road and lots of variables will change by then.

A realist would look at our last several meetings with them and realize they own our offense and we never adjust

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":3g2ueiik said:
Siouxhawk":3g2ueiik said:
classicaaron":3g2ueiik said:

A realist would look at our last several meetings with them and realize they own our offense and we never adjust
And a realist would point out that we are 3-3 against them in those "last several meetings" with the one playoff game going our way.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
I'm not worried that's a very tough season opener... having said that our OLINE aid the worst iv ever a seen it would amaze me if russ isn't hurt by mid season

sprhawk73

Reaction score
The discussion is meaningless, the refs beat us, not the packers.

I think Rus is missing Kearse and vets on the oline. He made some nice runs but won't stay uninjured if they can't plug it up. They need to change the play book to to roll outs on every play. I'm not impressed at all with our RB's, the beast "was" that good making something out of nothing.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3gsxbchm said:
Well, Graham getting mugged in the back of the end zone, no call.......

True, but that was just one of the 3 plays.

What concerned me most on that play is it looked like Graham had thrown in the towel and didn't even care he got mugged.
The guy is already beatdown into submission being used as an extra lineman.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
sprhawk73":91suo8yp said:
The discussion is meaningless, the refs beat us, not the packers.

That's loser talk.

Yes there were some bad calls, but NOBODY who watched that O-line yesterday and how it imploded every single thing we were trying to do on offense, including the crucial Wilson fumble on our 5 yard line can say it was the refs fault.

Bad teams blame the refs, great teams overcome.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not why they lost, but to say officiating wasn't a factor is just burying your head in the sand. GB played a better game overall, but wow.

mrt144

Reaction score
If a DC like Dom Capers owns us with the talent we have, then I want to overreact more.

mrt144

Reaction score
Yxes1122":y32l6f00 said:
Seattle always starts the season slow. Always. I think it's an overreaction to proclaim this season over, but there are some pretty clear takeaways from the game.

Today had one overwhelming positive, Shaq held up against Jordy for most of the game. That is something to be really excited about. Other positives are Richardson looks legit, the defense looks great. Not 2013 level but still very good. To go into the half with the lead is a testament to how good they are. Assuming they stay healthy they should only get better. Richardson has only been with the team for a week and Shaq was playing in his first game.

What isn't in overreaction is to say this is the same old Seattle offense under Pete Carroll. Every year it feels like we go into the season looking at the star power and name recognition on this roster thinking they are going to finally play to their potential and every year we are disappointed. Seattle did nothing this game to make me think our woes in the run game are solved. Lacy was awful behind this o-line. He simply doesn't have the speed to create out of nothing. Carson and Procise did a little to create, but overall it was a major disappointment. It also looked like playcalling was bad, as usual, and the OL was bad, as usual. It looked like typical post-Lynch Seahawk offense. Pete better figure it out or he's going to waste his best shot to win another ring with this defense.

We are too good of a team with too many tenured players and coaches to have slow starts like this.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
I'm just saying, if we review plays why can't we review the calls? Especially when it is clearly wrong to the whole world.

I think it has been pretty well established that refs are very human and make mistakes that change the outcome of games.

According to the commentators and my count, add 11 (Pick 6 and Graham mauling less the FG) to our 9 and we win.

mrt144

Reaction score
sprhawk73":dz7mxgrh said:
I'm just saying, if we review plays why can't we review the calls? Especially when it is clearly wrong to the whole world.

I think it has been pretty well established that refs are very human and make mistakes that change the outcome of games.

But they're also capricious and not a factor that can be influenced by play calling or execution. They're a factor for play outcomes, not play designs, playcalls, or rationales. That falls squarely on the OC and players.