Wild Card Chances......

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1p1zgxt0 said:
Gotta' love that the Vikes are playing at New England and Seattle. That's 2 losses right there imo.
God I hope so but they seem to be turning it around like us. Cousins with that great defense reminds me of 2011 Michigan State vs Russ and a hard running Wisconsin offense. Tough battle to the end both in regular season and Big Ten championship.
The upcoming Monday night game Dec 10 against the Vikes will be huge. Minnesota's tie game with packers may be a trump card.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Remember when Buffalo stomped the Vikings 27-6 not so many weeks ago?

I'm looking for something similar when they visit Seattle.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":34am7bs3 said:
Gotta' love that the Vikes are playing at New England and Seattle. That's 2 losses right there imo.

And finishing against the Bears won't be a gimme. They could drop 3 of their last 5.

Own The West

Reaction score
I'm not counting on the Bears for help against Minny. They'll be resting their starters Week 17.

I'm more worried about coming out flat again SF or ARI and picking up a dumb loss. Pete's teams always seem to do that, lose to cupcake state the week before blowing out the eventual national champion...

SeaWolv

Reaction score
So although the Wild Card race as it stands today has the Vikings as the fifth seed and Redskins in as the sixth and final seed for an NFC Wildcard spot. The loss of Alex Smith will likely eliminate them over the next few weeks (@ Philadelphia Sunday).

The only other real threat is Carolina and we own a tiebreaker with them. So it could come down to Seahawks and Vikings as the NFC Wild Cards. With a head to head looming next week, Seattle could flip seeds with the Vikings and further distance themselves in the race and increase the likelihood that they make the playoffs.

Barring a colossal collapse the Seahawks should easily win 3 of their last 5 games leaving the only toss ups as the Vikings and the Chiefs with both games at the CLink. Obviously the Chiefs are scary good and that will be a tough game for the Hawks to win, but judging by how well they played the Rams in both games this year they have a shot at winning that game. The other matchup with the Vikings is very winnable. When looking at SOS the Vikes have had a much easier road this year than the Hawks and DVOA rankings support this as well.

So the Hawks are all but in at this point it's just a matter of if they get the fifth seed and play a Cowboys team they've already beaten or the they get the sixth and have to go to frozen Soldier Field and try and get redemption for their previous loss there. I'd rather face Dallas.

Go Hawks!

Mizak

Reaction score
Everyone forgot about the defending Super Bowl champs? They beat Washington and they're in the thick of things.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Entering Week 13, the Seahawks have an 80% chance to make the playoffs under this formula:
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/seahawksmig.html

Whom to root for this week:
TNF Saints over the Cowboys (three-point swing)
Patriots over Vikings (four-point swing)
Eagles over Redkins (three-point swing)
Ravens over Falcons (one-point swing)

Long shots
Buccaneers over Panthers (four-point swing)
Cardinals over Packers (two-point swing)
Giants over Bears (two-point swing for 5th seed)

hawknation2018

Reaction score
The Cowboys upset win over the Saints slightly decreased the Seahawks’ playoff odds. Though it won’t affect things much IF the Redskins lose several games and fall out of the playoff race after the injury to their starting QB.

The Seahawks’ playoff probability declined to 77% (from 80%) per PlayoffStatus:
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/seahawksmig.html

73% (from 75%) in FiveThirtyEight’s Elo projection:
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... redictions

And 67% in the NYT’s playoff simulator:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... cture.html

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Last night was a perfect example that you still gotta' lace em up. Nothing is a given in the NFL. Saints were way off last night, it happens. Could turn out to be a good thing for that team, make them realize they still have to bring their A game against everyone. I still say they knock the Lambs out in the playoffs.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1wtsswq2 said:
Last night was a perfect example that you still gotta' lace em up. Nothing is a given in the NFL. Saints were way off last night, it happens. Could turn out to be a good thing for that team, make them realize they still have to bring their A game against everyone. I still say they knock the Lambs out in the playoffs.

But not if you have an elite QB.....wait..... :?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I couldn't believe he threw that, let alone how bad they looked last night. Clearly Dallas is getting on a little run here :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3fjjnx6z said:
The Cowboys upset win over the Saints slightly decreased the Seahawks’ playoff odds. Though it won’t affect things much IF the Redskins lose several games and fall out of the playoff race after the injury to their starting QB.l

Redskins are done, so all the Cowboys winning did was put them in the driver's seat to win the East..........which has no affect on our WC chances.

rcaido

Reaction score
As much as i love seeing Brees not be elite, too short, & not black enough...We still need Cowboys to lose that game. We have to hope they blow it with other teams to give us the best possibility to make the playoffs. Just in case Redskins somehow win games.

The positive for the Saints losing though is that they wont rest against the Panthers if they want that home field advantage throughout.

Sunday

Root for the Eagles to win against Redskins
Root for the Patriots to beat the Vikings
Root for the Bucks to beat Panthers
Root for the Cardinals to beat the Packers
Root for the Bears to beat Giants

Most important Seahawks beating the Whiners

johnnyfever

Reaction score
1-Root for the Eagles to win against Redskins 97%
2-Root for the Patriots to beat the Vikings 89%
3-Root for the Bucks to beat Panthers 11%
4-Root for the Cardinals to beat the Packers 1%
5-Root for the Bears to beat Giants 95%

1,2,5 probable
3 I could see happening(@bucs)
4 I highly doubt. (@gb)

Per the playoff calculator, if these games went 1,2,5 our way and 3,4 Panthers and packers win(and we win), then we would still move into the 5th seed. This is the seed I would want.

Percentages are sports media opinion numbers, not odds based on betting. Source: NFL pick watch dot com.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
And if the improbable happens (in 3,4) it just further solidifies our 5th seed

rcaido

Reaction score
Wow so far so good!

Panthers lose
Packers lose (great elite play by Erin again)

Bears & Giants doesn't really matter anymore...

Eagles need to beat the Redskins tonight & it would be huge. As long as we beat the 49ers!

hawknation2018

Reaction score
rcaido":2644402q said:
Wow so far so good!

Panthers lose
Packers lose (great elite play by Erin again)

Bears & Giants doesn't really matter anymore...

Eagles need to beat the Redskins tonight & it would be huge. As long as we beat the 49ers!

A Seahawks win and a Vikings loss would complete a PERFECT Sunday.