Will Blackmon, WR Kemp Released (the cut to 75)

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Never knew Will Blackmon was as old as he is until recently, always thought he just came into the league.

cacksman

Reaction score
I was really hoping we would find a way, SOME way to keep Blackmon. Trade for Maxwell?

Anyways, I believe he will be making a ton of plays for another team this season.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
I hope Blackmon can catch on somewhere. He didn't do a bad job for us while he was here.

mikeak

Reaction score
I was hoping someone would offer a trade for Blackmon thinking it was Justin Blackmon playing for the Jaguars.....

cberg

Reaction score
So did we all agree that we have 4 moves left to make?

Cartire

Reaction score
Yes, currently we are sitting at 79. Sando predicts it will be PUP and injury moves from here on. We'll see.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Weren't Scruggs, Simon, Harvin already on the PUP list already?

Edit: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... r-trimming

"The Seahawks still are four players over the 75-man limit, but they have four players on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list -- defensive lineman Chris Clemons and Greg Scruggs, receiver Percy Harvin and cornerback Tharold Simon. Linebacker Korey Toomer remains on the non-football injury list."

So if Clemons comes off the PUP, there still needs to be 5 moves since the PUP list doesn't count towards the 75-man limit? Am I reading that correct? They'll probably keep Clems on the PUP and cut 4.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
This is a do right move for Blackmon. There is not room on the roster, but he still has the talent to play, and cutting him in the first round of cuts gives him extra time to sign elsewhere.

drdiags

Reaction score
I see where the Seahawks tried to find a trade partner for Blackmon. That explains why he wasn't waived until this morning. I would imagine that Ron Parker is soon to follow him, he has been fighting injuries since he was picked up from Oakland on waivers last year. Pete likes Parker, but unless the team trades Maxwell or Thurmond (keep thinking he could be a starter with the Jaguars), I see Parker having a hard time hanging on.

Best of luck to Blackmon. I see there was speculation that the Eagles would be wise to take a look at him.

Bipolar

Reaction score
it pains me to see another former Packer go, but this was entirely predictable.

with the Seahawks' elite secondary, Blackmon had absolutely no way of cracking the roster. as a return man, he had too much competition from the like of Thurmond III, Tate and quite possibly Christine Michael. so what incentive do we have to keep him? there are more than enough special teams contributors already.

so, for all practical purposes, he was just another camp body.

mikeak

Reaction score
C-Dub":rwbvr1on said:

"The Seahawks still are four players over the 75-man limit, but they have four players on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list -- defensive lineman Chris Clemons and Greg Scruggs, receiver Percy Harvin and cornerback Tharold Simon. Linebacker Korey Toomer remains on the non-football injury list."

So if Clemons comes off the PUP, there still needs to be 5 moves since the PUP list doesn't count towards the 75-man limit? Am I reading that correct? They'll probably keep Clems on the PUP and cut 4.

They DON'T count against the 75 man limit. So if we have 79 on the roster and 5 on the PUP that means the roster count is 74. Clemons comes off then we make it to 75. No need to cut anyone else if we keep them on the PUP / IR

The reason to get Clemons off the PUP is so that he can start earlier in the season than allowed if he remains on the PUP list. The reason to IR someone is so that later in the season they don't have to be cut / put on the team and letting someone else get cut

Basis4day

Reaction score
mikeak":2j5tbs4k said:
C-Dub":2j5tbs4k said:

They DON'T count against the 75 man limit. So if we have 79 on the roster and 5 on the PUP that means the roster count is 74. Clemons comes off then we make it to 75. No need to cut anyone else if we keep them on the PUP / IR

The reason to get Clemons off the PUP is so that he can start earlier in the season than allowed if he remains on the PUP list. The reason to IR someone is so that later in the season they don't have to be cut / put on the team and letting someone else get cut

To be clear. There are two PUP lists. Active Preseason and Regular Season Reserve.

Active Preseason DO count towards the roster limit. They can't have participated in practice at any time during training camp, but can be activated at any time. Clem, Scruggs, Simon, and Harvin remain on this list.

Regular season PUP don't count, but cannot be activated for six weeks into the regular season. Expect Scruggs, Simon, and Harvin to me moved to this list by 1pm. Not really that extreme a prediction.

C-Dub

Reaction score
mikeak":fmbr0oy9 said:
C-Dub":fmbr0oy9 said:

Thanks for the clarification on the roster count.

I should have clarified. Keep Clemons on the PUP till end of preseason when final cuts are made. Just don't see a reason to take him off this week.

Edit: Guess it doesn't matter since Clemons counts against the 75.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Basis4day":35qryo6t said:
mikeak":35qryo6t said:
C-Dub":35qryo6t said:

To be clear. There are two PUP lists. Active Preseason and Regular Season Reserve.

Active Preseason DO count towards the roster limit. They can't have participated in practice at any time during training camp, but can be activated at any time.

Regular season PUP don't count, but cannot be activated for six weeks into the regular season.
So we're still looking at 4 players to be cut today for the 75-man limit, correct?

And what's the point in even placing a player on the Preseason PUP if he counts towards the 90, 75, and 53 man limits?

sc85sis

Reaction score
C-Dub":2308am68 said:
So we're still looking at 4 players to be cut today for the 75-man limit, correct?

And what's the point in even placing a player on the Preseason PUP if he counts towards the 90, 75, and 53 man limits?

I think that you can't put a guy on regular season PUP unless he was declared on PUP during training camp/preseason. Can someone confirm that?

Latest posts