Will Dorial Green-Beckham be a first round pick?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
This is a tough question. The character concerns and lack of a couple season playing at a high level hurt him, but he's too talented to pass on for long and I don't think the character concerns for DGB will scare off as many GMs as it does fans.

I think he goes in the first round, but it wouldn't surprise me if he fell late into the 2nd.

There's a good article on DGB I'd recommend for those wanting to know his background.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Saw this little nugget from Tony Pauline

"– I’m told the Seattle Seahawks would love to grab Dorial Green-Beckham if he’s available at the 63rd selection but they expect the receiver to be off the board during the initial fifteen picks of round two."

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=10495

This sounds like what Schneider would say. He's sometimes pretty upfront about a player he's confident he doesn't have a chance to draft and is unwilling to trade up for.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":31qy62r7 said:

"– I’m told the Seattle Seahawks would love to grab Dorial Green-Beckham if he’s available at the 63rd selection but they expect the receiver to be off the board during the initial fifteen picks of round two."

This sounds like what Schneider would say. He's sometimes pretty upfront about a player he's confident he doesn't have a chance to draft and is unwilling to trade up for.

If he slides to .. lets say 45-48 .. I think they would absolutely do everything they could to move up and nab him. The problem is.. would a team be willing to move down 15-18 slots to nab an extra 4th?

original poster

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2dnpd6lu said:
Recon_Hawk":2dnpd6lu said:

If he slides to .. lets say 45-48 .. I think they would absolutely do everything they could to move up and nab him. The problem is.. would a team be willing to move down 15-18 slots to nab an extra 4th?

I don't think they would. 10-12 maybe, but 15-18 may require adding a 5th in there as well. That would still leave us with 9 picks which, given the fact that there's no way 11 guys will make the roster, isn't such a bad thing. In fact I think 9 is the perfect number given out needs vs roster already in place vs depth needed.

McGruff

Reaction score
original poster":22upijux said:
Hasselbeck":22upijux said:
Recon_Hawk":22upijux said:

I don't think they would. 10-12 maybe, but 15-18 may require adding a 5th in there as well. That would still leave us with 9 picks which, given the fact that there's no way 11 guys will make the roster, isn't such a bad thing. In fact I think 9 is the perfect number given out needs vs roster already in place vs depth needed.

We are not as deep as we were in 2013 and 2014. Free agency is doing a good job of pillaging our depth, and our attempts to backfill it have been marred by injuries.

The thing with 11 picks is not that 11 players will make the team, but that more picks gives us more opportunities to ensure that the right players make the team. If we have 8 spots available, I'd rather have to hit 8/11 than 8/9.

Chawker

Reaction score
I'll have to go with a great big ol "nope" on DBG going in the first, and if we select him at # 63 I'll send in my resignation to John & Pete and become a Cleveland Brown fan. cheers

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Chawker":3mjtgtt2 said:
I'll have to go with a great big ol "nope" on DBG going in the first, and if we select him at # 63 I'll send in my resignation to John & Pete and become a Cleveland Brown fan. cheers
Sarcasm?

Chawker

Reaction score
Yah, I don't see him as a well rounded receive, just a one trick pony. I'd rather see us select Nelson Agholor, he's a better investment long term.

DGB....as a players, I rather pick Rick Mier AGAIN over DBG. and thats baaaaad!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Chawker":3rv011w6 said:
Yah, I don't see him as a well rounded receive, just a one trick pony. I'd rather see us select Nelson Agholor, he's a better investment long term.

DGB....as a players, I rather pick Rick Mier AGAIN over DBG. and thats baaaaad!

Now I think that's just amazingly silly of you to say for any unproven commodity, especially one with elite measureables and talent. Why would you take a proven bust over a prospect like DGB? That's madness.

Agholor could be another Maclin-type, but I don't think his ceiling is very high. Solid pick if you get him from 40-60.

titan3131

Reaction score
"Don't blame my girlfriend or her friends for anything. I am not looking for sympathy. I thank those who have given me concern. I have been young and dumb. I want to be better."

this was his statement after the DV incident. He took responsibility and I think is headed in the right direction.

titan3131

Reaction score
If I was a panthers fan I think it would be amazing.

And The panthers are on my short list of teams that need a WR

Saints, dolphins, 49ers, texans, chiefs, browns, broncos, ravens, patriots and us complete the list.

thing is I assume that the Ravens, 49'ers, and panthers all want to distance themselves from any kind of Domestic violence. Because of ray rice + Greg hardy, and the 49ers FB.

I know that the ravens do not have him on the board becasue of it.

mikeak

Reaction score
Largent80":106kfyzj said:
This guy is one successful season from diva status.

I don't have a real issue with diva status. Some people come off that way. Sherman does to many people

What I have an issue with is poor decision making. Getting busted with pot close to the draft, domestic violence etc

Now DGB hasn't been in trouble for quite some time so that is a positive. The guys getting busted right prior to the draft makes me seriously question what they will do when they have guaranteed money in the bank........

Chawker

Reaction score
I'd be interested in seeing him selected at #62,.....I'm kind of interested in seeing how big of a meltdown titan would have? :stirthepot:

titan3131

Reaction score
i would bet everythingI have that if he falls to 54 we trade with our homies the lions.