Will Earl Thomas be at the playoff game?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Earl will go down as one of the most dishonored seahawks of all time. He could have been a legend, similar to Edgar and Payton, instead he turned his back on Seattle.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":2xbfhap3 said:
If Earl isn't "all in" (which he clearly is not), why would anybody want him there being a distraction? Kam is there helping out. He is the kind of leader you want helping out the young uns'....good enough.
:2thumbs:

Chapow

Reaction score
Lets not forget that Earl broke his leg playing at an all pro level for this team in a contract year.

He was "honoring his contract".

That was exactly the thing that he was most afraid would happen and the reason that he wanted an extension before playing this season. Ultimately he did not get that extension and still played anyway unlike Le'veon Bell. Who knows how much that decision will cost him. I can understand how he was very upset while being carted off the field right after the exact thing happened that he was most afraid of.

Have any of you guys that are judging Earl so harshly ever had an instance where you reacted poorly in a really shitty situation? For crying out loud, it seems like some of you guys want to crucify the guy for flipping the bird. That was one moment in time and probably the worst moment in his football career.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I don't know. The way Earl started down their bench (or didn't he do a little bow) after one of his turnovers wasn't he showing displeasure with the Cowboys too for "not coming to get him" by meeting the Hawks' asking price?

I am not condoning his hold out or the flipping the bird incident. But I thought I read that even though he's not around he was still in contact with the safeties offering help? I would say for sure he's burned bridges with management but on a player level may still have some loyalty to his teammates.

rcaido

Reaction score
Wow a lot of disgusting post here. Earl did so much for this team. Guy played hard every time he was on field and got hurt. He reacted emotionally to something he feared would happen and it happen.

We are in the playoffs. We should be happy not bitter. Lets move forward as fans remember our past and celebrate our bright team future!

Go Hawks!

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
Actually, the only jersey I own is a 29. And I'm proud to own it. Not happy with the way his year ended, but he *was* playing his balls off until the injury. Other than the holdout and the bird, everything he ever did in a Seahawks jersey was allstar.

I, for one, hope he sees the difference in the team that played without him, buys in, and comes back.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
And let's not forget that Earl still gets paid for the contract he's currently under; he hasn't been kicked to the curb just because he was injured. The team has also honored its contract obligations.

I don't see anyone on the team offering insulting gestures at Earl for getting himself injured and losing his play on the field in a year we certainly could have used it.

Both sides have their own interests to serve. Too bad they cannot meet and agree to both of their satisfaction. But that's the business side of this. Earl's childish behavior probably hasn't endeared him to the FO, and may lower his value to other teams.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Chapow":1dii0k9g said:
Lets not forget that Earl broke his leg playing at an all pro level for this team in a contract year.

He was "honoring his contract".

That was exactly the thing that he was most afraid would happen and the reason that he wanted an extension before playing this season. Ultimately he did not get that extension and still played anyway unlike Le'veon Bell. Who knows how much that decision will cost him. I can understand how he was very upset while being carted off the field right after the exact thing happened that he was most afraid of.

Have any of you guys that are judging Earl so harshly ever had an instance where you reacted poorly in a really shitty situation? For crying out loud, it seems like some of you guys want to crucify the guy for flipping the bird. That was one moment in time and probably the worst moment in his football career.

See: Kam Chancellor

That's how you act when an injury ends your season or career. Bam Bam set the bar. Earl only cares about Earl and his pocketbook. It's a team sport. If you can't be a team player, you're a liability. Yes, I'll judge him for that action. Regardless of how good he was and how good he could play on the field, he has to treat the team with respect.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Aros":3t01lf89 said:
Earl became dead to the Seahawks organization when he flipped the bird to the sideline. Love what he did for us in uniform and he was no doubt one of the best safeties ever but his behavior is beyond boorish. Possibly might have even burned his Ring of Honor bridge, time will tell.

Marshawn Lynch did that. Doug Baldwin did that.

Neither one had just moments before suffered a gruesome injury. Give Earl a break.

Enhanced buzz 31617 1382114580 29

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
hawknation2018":23t069sp said:
Aros":23t069sp said:
Earl became dead to the Seahawks organization when he flipped the bird to the sideline. Love what he did for us in uniform and he was no doubt one of the best safeties ever but his behavior is beyond boorish. Possibly might have even burned his Ring of Honor bridge, time will tell.

Neither one had just moments before suffered a gruesome injury. Give Earl a break.

They were flipping off Bevell. So were all of us. Different situation.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
People can react irrationally during emotional moments, like suffering a serious injury. I think it was reported that Earl told someone the gesture was not directed at Carroll but rather directed generally at his frustration at having his season ended without receiving the additional guaranteed money he was hoping for. I’m willing to cut him some slack. He’s done a lot for this team. Never missed a game, willingly. Left it all on the field. It was a tough break for him.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":1zq60l0l said:
The fact that I even have to ask this question explains why I never wanted him back. We should have taken the 2nd rounder for him.

There was NEVER a 2nd rounder offered for him. That was a rumor, per John Clayton

And Earl might have gotten a 2nd contract. But after his first injury, he refused to get surgery to strengthen his leg. Then he went in to the Cowboys tunnel and asked them to come get him, while his teammates went in their tunnel.

He made his own bed. He's got more money, and better health and benefits than several of us together will ever see.

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score

That's how you act when an injury ends your season or career. Bam Bam set the bar. Earl only cares about Earl and his pocketbook. It's a team sport. If you can't be a team player, you're a liability. Yes, I'll judge him for that action. Regardless of how good he was and how good he could play on the field, he has to treat the team with respect.

If I remember right Kam got the long term multiple year contract with guaranteed $$. Earl was looking for the same thing. Kam is the reason Earl wanted the same deal and Seattle didn't as the team lost a lot of money. Giving Kam that sort of contract then losing him to injury made John Schnider look bad strictly from a business standpoint. Kam also had a long hold out that may have contributed to us losing a game or two and many were down on him at the time.

I think time will heal both sides and hope that Earl gets the honor he deserves and winds up in the Ring of Honor. He belongs there. I understand those who feel differently and the reasons for that. That being said, I think it would be great for the Seahawk players as well as Earl if he shows up on our sideline Saturday as it's right there in his back yard.

Anyone know if he off crutches/assistance and able to walk again on his own? I've heard nothing about him since the injury.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
rcaido":flqbyrb4 said:
Wow a lot of disgusting post here. Earl did so much for this team. Guy played hard every time he was on field and got hurt. He reacted emotionally to something he feared would happen and it happen.

We are in the playoffs. We should be happy not bitter. Lets move forward as fans remember our past and celebrate our bright team future!

Go Hawks!

Little bit of an overreaction don't yah think? The after game locker-room incident and giving the finger to your own team is a bit of a step over the line, IMO.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
MO Hawk":3ckg26y3 said:

If I remember right Kam got the long term multiple year contract with guaranteed $$. Earl was looking for the same thing. Kam is the reason Earl wanted the same deal and Seattle didn't as the team lost a lot of money. Giving Kam that sort of contract then losing him to injury made John Schnider look bad strictly from a business standpoint. Kam also had a long hold out that may have contributed to us losing a game or two and many were down on him at the time.

I think time will heal both sides and hope that Earl gets the honor he deserves and winds up in the Ring of Honor. He belongs there. I understand those who feel differently and the reasons for that. That being said, I think it would be great for the Seahawk players as well as Earl if he shows up on our sideline Saturday as it's right there in his back yard.

Anyone know if he off crutches/assistance and able to walk again on his own? I've heard nothing about him since the injury.

Kam and Marshawn both received golden parachutes. There was no way to know they would get injured and then retire (Marshawn came out of retirement, but they never recouped the $12 million they gave him).

hawknation2018

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3ek4of3v said:
rcaido":3ek4of3v said:

Go Hawks!

Little bit of an overreaction don't yah think? The after game locker-room incident and giving the finger to your own team is a bit of a step over the line, IMO.

The fans are reacting emotionally to those things too.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
To answer the OP, Yes he will be there. Only it will be on the Cowboys sidelines. Thanks for all the memories Earl, but you only have yourself to blame for your situation.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawknation2018":30rtbneo said:
Aros":30rtbneo said:

Flipping Bevell off is “acceptable behavior” in my book! 8)

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Crazy how many people get so upset over being flipped off. It was not even to them personally. Jeez. I thought it was funny. Like rcaido stated that guy left it all out there for this team. The same emotions that made him great also makes the break up hard. He was an essential part of this team during his tenure. He will be missed as well as the others who are gone but we big parts of the whole (Sherm, Bennett, Avril, Kam). Everything evolves and moves on. So does this team. We turned a page to the next chapter but these guys will be forever in Seahawks lore. I hope one day all of them will raise the 12th man flag before a game.