Will Earl Thomas be at the playoff game?

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
It all makes sense now. Earl was never flipping off the coaches, he was saying "get me a ring boys!" PSYCHE! He doesnt deserve a ring or to be on our sideline, no updates, no supporting our team, get lost!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I bought a 29 Jersey which I paid a lot of money for. It has been filed behind Percy Harvins in the rotation.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
kf3339":22kdmahm said:
Mad Dog":22kdmahm said:
Would be kind of funny if we go all the way and win a SB that he'd get a ring. Wonder what he'd say about that second ring lol.

There is no rule that states the Hawks would have to give him a ring. They could very easily state that his finger to the team negates any consideration in regards to an award he didn't earn.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/1079786213983191041[/tweet]

mistaowen

Reaction score
Still probably the best FS in the league. Everyone poo-pooing him after all he has done on this team is ridiculous. He has said multiple times pay him and he's there, family still lives in WA. Sucks he hasn't been on the sidelines and seems pissed at the FO but he is a HOF safety and knows it. Fact he tied the team lead in interceptions after barely playing this year is nuts and proves there is no one like him.

HansGruber

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":1xs8nwn7 said:
He might show up in full cattle wrangler attire and a Dallas star tattooed onto his face.

LOL.

Yeah, probably this.

Whatever. Earl was a great Seahawk, but he's done here. I'm looking forward, not backward.

Torc

Reaction score
I have on numerous occasions this year consciously wished that Earl was on the field when the Seahawks gave up a big play. I could point to plays in nearly every game where he would have stopped some of those big gainers. As several have said, he was playing his heart (or whatever other body part you wish to mention) out on every play. There are great players who were too much of a negative influence to remain on the team. I don't think that Earl is one of those. I'd like nothing better than for the team to find a way to keep him, athough I get that there is pretty much zero chance of it.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I’d appreciate people just letting each other feel how they want to feel about it. You want to hang on his nuts, go for it. You want to have a beef over his antics, so be it. I try and stay in the middle of things, but I’m pissed at him. He HAS to know that a raise at this point of his career is just not going to happen with the current team. I’d love to have him, he’s an all-time talent. There is so much that goes into getting paid, and I’m sorry, but his malcontent doesn’t demonstrate the complete package of person, player, and performance that would have me break the bank to keep him. He doesn’t even need to be THE leader—we have Robert Wagner for that, and Franklin Clark has even proclaimed the defense, ‘his’.

Bottom line. Players being retained have given the front office a no brainer decision. Make them want you. Sherman is trying to bring him to San Fran. His childish behavior, I could see him doing it, just to try and prove that we should have retained him. Earl, I beg you—do what’s right for your game and career, and do what you can to get back into good graces with the 12 and all that surrounds us. We still love you, but you’ve opened a deep cut.

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
Let’s be honest for all the people defending Thomas and the pathetic, immature way he handled his contract. This has nothing to do with anything before the bird. What he has done since then, speaks volumes. He easily could have apologized and moved on. He didn’t. He continues to act childishly. He deserves every bit of criticism he gets. Later Earl

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Hass2Carlson":394riiow said:
Let’s be honest for all the people defending Thomas and the pathetic, immature way he handled his contract. This has nothing to do with anything before the bird. What he has done since then, speaks volumes. He easily could have apologized and moved on. He didn’t. He continues to act childishly. He deserves every bit of criticism he gets. Later Earl

This ^^^

OJs Crimea don’t negate his phenomenal level of play on the football field. However, it does make him a douche bag.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Chapow":2pkdp8q6 said:
Lets not forget that Earl broke his leg playing at an all pro level for this team in a contract year.

He was "honoring his contract".

That was exactly the thing that he was most afraid would happen and the reason that he wanted an extension before playing this season. Ultimately he did not get that extension and still played anyway unlike Le'veon Bell. Who knows how much that decision will cost him. I can understand how he was very upset while being carted off the field right after the exact thing happened that he was most afraid of.

Have any of you guys that are judging Earl so harshly ever had an instance where you reacted poorly in a really shitty situation? For crying out loud, it seems like some of you guys want to crucify the guy for flipping the bird. That was one moment in time and probably the worst moment in his football career.

At long last a reasonable mans view! I've done a bunch of regrettable stuff especially when I was in my 20's. Give him a break (no pun intended). Not giving him an extension was a purely a business decision. Deciding to play was also a business decision. The Seahawks transferred all the risk to Earl and he took it on only to be burned. Hope he continues playing somewhere because he is still a talented dude with a lot to contribute. Earl has always been a guy who plays with his emotions on his sleeve and flipping the bird was part of it. I am sure he regretted it the moment he did it.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Nope. It was a classless act that exemplified the personality problems that the team fought through. I loved watching ET3 play, just as I did Sherm. I was all for ET3 getting paid. I’m glad I was wrong, and I’m glad the FO made the best business decision possible. Flipping his team the bird was an uncalled for, classless act. Bye Felicia. Don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

toffee

Reaction score
Earl’s on field performances were HOF worthy, as 12, I appreciated that. But he spited on my face with ‘come get me’, then he followed with that one finger salute to the whole team.

If only Earl knew that his behavior is the biggest road block to his quest for long term big buck contract.

No Ownership, GM, HC enjoy being publicly humiliated. Earl is his biggest enemy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BubbaGump

Reaction score
HawkerD":3t9wfpk9 said:
Chapow":3t9wfpk9 said:
Lets not forget that Earl broke his leg playing at an all pro level for this team in a contract year.

He was "honoring his contract".

That was exactly the thing that he was most afraid would happen and the reason that he wanted an extension before playing this season. Ultimately he did not get that extension and still played anyway unlike Le'veon Bell. Who knows how much that decision will cost him. I can understand how he was very upset while being carted off the field right after the exact thing happened that he was most afraid of.

Have any of you guys that are judging Earl so harshly ever had an instance where you reacted poorly in a really shitty situation? For crying out loud, it seems like some of you guys want to crucify the guy for flipping the bird. That was one moment in time and probably the worst moment in his football career.

At long last a reasonable mans view! I've done a bunch of regrettable stuff especially when I was in my 20's. Give him a break (no pun intended). Not giving him an extension was a purely a business decision. Deciding to play was also a business decision. The Seahawks transferred all the risk to Earl and he took it on only to be burned. Hope he continues playing somewhere because he is still a talented dude with a lot to contribute. Earl has always been a guy who plays with his emotions on his sleeve and flipping the bird was part of it. I am sure he regretted it the moment he did it.
Deciding to play was a business decision because he was already under contract. He handled this situation immaturely. I cannot feel sorry for him. He is supposed to be a professional athlete. The key word is PROFESSIONAL! If he was a normal joe and he acted like he did this season(holdout, flipping the bird) he would be looking for another job. I’m thankful for what he has done on the field but cannot feel sorry for him or condone his attitude when he acts like a child and has more money than I will ever see in a lifetime.