Will we go after Ramsey?

hawksfan35

Reaction score
2 first rounders is tough, but never write off J & P as we have learned!

Fade

Reaction score
I am sure JS/PC have inquired, but the asking price, cap allotment, and locker room headache is too steep of a price to pay.

Not worth it. Pete is great at developing the position naturally on the cheap.

A not likely scenario where it could work, Is the price comes down to a 1st only. They rent him for a year, he plays great for the Hawks, and they flip him to another team for a 1st & a 3rd in the off-season, rather then extending him. Again not likely to happen. But the Clowney trade has everyone dreaming.

I am expecting him to end up with the Eagles, Browns, Chiefs, or 49ers. With the Seahawks & Patriots lurking in the background hoping for a steal.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He will be expensive to acquire and cost $20 million a year in an extension. I don't see the Hawks taking that on this year, but I have been wrong many times before.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Ramsey would be too all-in on this season for my tastes. Griffin and Flowers are not pro bowlers but their cap hits are just $0.80m and $0.65m respectively. They receive more criticism than is warranted for the level of investment we have made in them and both have been good values for the franchise so far.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seahawks fans: "The struggles of 2015-2017 can be almost entirely laid at the feet of selfish players who disrupted Seattle's locker room and put themselves before the team."

Also Seahawks fans: "GIVE UP TWO FIRSTS FOR JALEN RAMSEY"

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Go after? Yes.

Get? No. We don't have the draft capital, nor would we pay the rumored asking price of two first rounders....especially now that more bad teams with better draft pick positions are coming out of the woodwork to throw their hat into the Ramsey trade talks.

I'd rather us go after Adams in NY, he'd fit in great here. Our safety need is much greater than CB, not that we don't have a CB need.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Agree!

This is an exceptional player who'd be worth acquiring. That said, the team will not pay what Jax wants for him though. So the trade would need to be done for the right compensation for the Hawks.

Further unless the player decides to be 'all in' here and to play whatever scheme the DC dials up I'd say, NOPE! The team let RS go b/c he wasn't all in and had decided to ignore Pete's basic team rules. The Hawks do not not need any more distractions and 'me' players. If he was 'all in' I'd certainly want him to play for the Hawks trouble is lately he seems to not be.

The deal for him would have to be a fit for the Hawks.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":20ygqh6w said:
Seahawks fans: "The struggles of 2015-2017 can be almost entirely laid at the feet of selfish players who disrupted Seattle's locker room and put themselves before the team."

This

Reaction score
It's hard to say you wouldn't want a player of Ramsey's talent but he's a massive distraction and this team has a better approach without egotistical, self motivated players like Ramsey. Considering Minkah Fitzpatrick costs nothing for years and was only one 1st round pick, Ramsey isn't worth 2 1st round picks - I'd argue he should be something like a 2nd and a 5th.

I'd much rather the Seahawks go after Jamal Adams. He was unhappy at being benched, is still cheap and could be got for a similar amount that got Fitzpatrick.

James in PA

Reaction score
I’d be willing to give up our first rounder next year (#32 overall) for him. But even that is steep and no way would I do anything above that. Dude reminds me of Sherm, which of course is a double edged sword.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3kji9c4d said:

Exactly. Jalen Ramsey is an idiot. The stunt he pulled with showing up to TC in the Brinks truck was so classless and epitomizes his ego. And then there was the video he posted a while ago with him and Fournette talking about Ramsey possibly signing an extension with Jacksonville. :pukeface:

The game against Cincinnati last year when he got into it pretty good with AJ Green says a lot about the kind of man he is. AJ Green is by far one of the most respected and mild mannered guys in the NFL, and he's never blown up on the field like he did with Ramsey. Apparently, Ramsey started saying personal things about Green's wife during the game. That's way past the line.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
James in PA":28ywot6b said:
I’d be willing to give up our first rounder next year (#32 overall) for him. But even that is steep and no way would I do anything above that. Dude reminds me of Sherm, which of course is a double edged sword.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't we have 2 firsts???

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
They won't acquire him. Acquiring him would cost a lot of draft capital and if you are spending a lot of draft capital, they'd want a long term contract in place and I don't think they want to pay that money to a cornerback. We have never even drafted a cornerback in the top rounds. Sherm was an exception, but this DBU - they'll churn and burn through em like they always have.

Latest posts