Wilson: $26m this year, 204 total yards.

Seymour

Reaction score
John63":1do830e1 said:
Mad Dog":1do830e1 said:
Any QB that can win games behind the crappiest pass blocking in the league is worth 26 million.

This is the kind of blocking that ruined David Carr.

Wilson has never had a pas blocking oline ranked higher than 22nd and has had the worse ranked 2 times and has avg 26th over his time here. Yet he has the 2nd best QB rating in league history, with one more td will be amongst top 5 in fastest to 200 tds. Also the only player in NFL history to account for over 80% of total yards and over 95% of total tds in a season. These and other facts are why he is top 5.

Someone gets it!!!

I've been bitching about this since 2014!! :pukeface:

I hoped Solari would bring this back to average, but not yet. Pete has to have something largely to do with this at this point given the time he's had to fix this ridiculous support of his QB.

I even went so far as to suggest that Wilson's agent should advise him to leave if he knows what is best for the player.

dilly-1_767x767_crop_center.jpg

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2xqnlyt9 said:
Whenever the topic is about Russ, you cant have a real discussion about him. Its always one end of the spectrum. He is either Jesus to some or Satan to others. You cant ever have a civil conversation. Russ topics have become like religion and political conversations.

Not true at all, most of us here are realistic when it comes to evaluating Russell game to game and year to year.

The problem I see here is it's the same parrots starting the same threads year after year, and that engenders the same conversations over and over.

- Russell looks slow
- Russell holds the ball too long
- Why does it take Russell so long to get going
- Russell's contract will prevent us from winning another SB

blah blah blah.........so you want some unique and honestly objective conversations about Russell? Then stop talking about the same dead horse topics.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this right here, pretty damn impressive, and often ignored:

Wilson has never had a pas blocking oline ranked higher than 22nd and has had the worse ranked 2 times and has avg 26th over his time here. Yet he has the 2nd best QB rating in league history, with one more td will be amongst top 5 in fastest to 200 tds. Also the only player in NFL history to account for over 80% of total yards and over 95% of total tds in a season. These and other facts are why he is top 5.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1apnbtxk said:
Shanegotyou11":1apnbtxk said:
Whenever the topic is about Russ, you cant have a real discussion about him. Its always one end of the spectrum. He is either Jesus to some or Satan to others. You cant ever have a civil conversation. Russ topics have become like religion and political conversations.

Not true at all, most of us here are realistic when it comes to evaluating Russell game to game and year to year.

The problem I see here is it's the same parrots starting the same threads year after year, and that engenders the same conversations over and over.

- Russell looks slow

blah blah blah.........so you want some unique and honestly objective conversations about Russell? Then stop talking about the same dead horse topics.

Ill disagree. The people who can have a civil conversation is in the minority. Its either all wilsons fault or not ever wilsons fault.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm a huge supporter, but have no problems admitting when he needs to get better at something. He did hold the ball too long on Sunday a couple times. Clearly he thinks he can make every play, but sometimes you gotta' just toss that ball away. I suspect that will be fixed in the coming weeks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2z8wntmv said:
Sgt. Largent":2z8wntmv said:
Shanegotyou11":2z8wntmv said:

- Russell looks slow

Ill disagree. The people who can have a civil conversation is in the minority. Its either all wilsons fault or not ever wilsons fault.

I guess you see what you want to see. I'm here pretty regularly, and most posts don't fall under the extremes you're talking about.

I think we've seen enough of Russell to break him down fairly easily. He's a top 5-7 NFL QB in his prime, which means he's good to great 80% of the time, and average to poor the other 20%.

The game to game analysis is what I like to discuss, not the same general criticisms or same general accolades. Not sure why people continue to dwell on that stuff, it's boring and worn out. But yet, here we are.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2vyu5bia said:
Shanegotyou11":2vyu5bia said:
Sgt. Largent":2vyu5bia said:
Shanegotyou11":2vyu5bia said:

- Russell looks slow

I guess you see what you want to see. I'm here pretty regularly, and most posts don't fall under the extremes you're talking about.

I think we've seen enough of Russell to break him down fairly easily. He's a top 5-7 NFL QB in his prime, which means he's good to great 80% of the time, and average to poor the other 20%.

The game to game analysis is what I like to discuss, not the same general criticisms or same general accolades. Not sure why people continue to dwell on that stuff, it's boring and worn out. But yet, here we are.

People want to discuss this for obvious reasons!

The solution to the teams issues lies in properly identifying the core / most glaring problems and there are those that believe that Russ is one of them.

Doesn't mean they are not all wet of course.

:snack:

Seymour

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1z0nuiyr said:
If you want someone to throw 20 times, run 4 times and hand off 21 times you might spend your money more wisely. PC has become poor at using his tools. I don’t blame Wilson though he could have ran for firsts a couple of those times but didn’t. It’s crap offense by a bad OC picked by a bad offensive HC.

I too am a big Wilson supporter, and reading the title I have an issue with the way it comes across.

That said, when reading his initial first post.....really there is not 1 thing he said I disagree with and especially I agree with the last sentence!

I ignore the title and consider Wilson a top paid $35M QB he is though. This cap number BS is sleight of hand, hocus pocus that hides the real story.

The only reason I don't argue the first sentence is because I too think Wilson will always be misused under Pete Carrolls dark ages system. Unfortunately for us as fans, Pete needs an illusive clutch QB because Pete has proved over and over he cannot protect a QB.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1h0si09z said:
The solution to the teams issues lies in properly identifying the core / most glaring problems and there are those that believe that Russ is one of them.:

What good does it do to argue about a player that's going to be our QB for the next 10 years?

Seems pretty silly and futile to continue to harp on the same things about a guy who's our QB, and going to be for the foreseeable future.

There are certain core issues I have with Russell, but he's not going to change, and Pete's certainly not going to change how he uses him. Dude makes a lot of money, and he's a good to great QB 80% of the time, moving on to more interesting topics.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2zatthb7 said:
Seymour":2zatthb7 said:
The solution to the teams issues lies in properly identifying the core / most glaring problems and there are those that believe that Russ is one of them.:

What good does it do to argue about a player that's going to be our QB for the next 10 years?

Seems pretty silly and futile to continue to harp on the same things about a guy who's our QB, and going to be for the foreseeable future.

There are certain core issues I have with Russell, but he's not going to change, and Pete's certainly not going to change how he uses him. Dude makes a lot of money, and he's a good to great QB 80% of the time, moving on to more interesting topics.

I was taught to not answer a question with another question but I have no choice.

What good does anything we say on here do? It's not like the team is going to read it and make changes.

If it bothers people and they want to talk about it, talk away. That is what drives a forum whether you agree or not, or if you've heard it 100x or not they have that right just like you and I.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":22tlyvgr said:
That is what drives a forum whether you agree or not, or if you've heard it 100x or not they have that right just like you and I.

Everyone has the right to my opinion, we find these truths to be self evident.

Tical21

Reaction score
You play to win the game, not to justify a salary.

John63

Reaction score
Whats funny to me is the guy had a 134 QB rating and 70% completion and people are complaining, and he did it behind what based on the play of the first game was the worse oline in the league, and with no run game and his top WR was a Rookie, in a system not built around him I think we should stop complaining about fictitious stuff and appreciate what we have. A QB that is the ultimate eraser of mistakes adn as clutch as there is. There are maybe only 1 or 2 QBs in the league that could succeed on this team, in this system.

Smellyman

Reaction score
John63":ues256vs said:
Whats funny to me is the guy had a 134 QB rating and 70% completion and people are complaining, and he did it behind what based on the play of the first game was the worse oline in the league, and with no run game and his top WR was a Rookie, in a system not built around him I think we should stop complaining about fictitious stuff and appreciate what we have. A QB that is the ultimate eraser of mistakes adn as clutch as there is. There are maybe only 1 or 2 QBs in the league that could succeed on this team, in this system.

And once again It's funny to me that the entire point of the OP is going right over people's heads.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
We only allow opinions that Wilson is the best QB in the league. Other opinions are invalid. Sorry OP. :sarcasm_off:

If you want o debate Wilsons' value you should go back to the Post where we signed him to his big deal and debated this for days on end

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=153905

John63

Reaction score
Smellyman":3s700dj6 said:
John63":3s700dj6 said:

And once again It's funny to me that the entire point of the OP is going right over people's heads.

What is funny to me is you presume my post was directed towards the OP. Have you read some of what is been posted

sutz

Reaction score
Smellyman":1vzc9r33 said:
John63":1vzc9r33 said:

I don't think so. The OP's point seems to be that we overpayed for our QB (I know, I know, it said we're underutilizing him based on his paycheck-potayto, potahto) based largely on fantasy football statistical analysis. Most of the thread is a discussion about just why they "overpayed" him and how many people seem to think they didn't.

Wilson "produces" wins, even when stats don't necessarily go his way.

John63

Reaction score
sutz":1vplky4y said:
Smellyman":1vplky4y said:
John63":1vplky4y said:

I don't think so. The OP's point seems to be that we overpayed for our QB (I know, I know, it said we're underutilizing him based on his paycheck-potayto, potahto) based largely on fantasy football statistical analysis. Most of the thread is a discussion about just why they "overpayed" him and how many people seem to think they didn't.

Wilson "produces" wins, even when stats don't necessarily go his way.

I am guessing he would prefer we loose, but he throws for over 500 it helps his fantasy team. Fantasy Football has made it newear impossbile to have a good conversation about Football.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":3cxj9t7a said:
MD5eahawks":3cxj9t7a said:
I think the gripe is more a result of starting the game with back to back 3 & outs. That magnifies the frustration. Time and time again they strike out on the scripted opening drive. I get frustrated over it too but I also know they have a whole game to play and they are always in the game come the 4th qtr. So it’s not as maddening to me as it is for others.
I'm pretty sure they don't script the 'opening drive.' :34853_doh:

They script a list of 15-20 PLAYS, that they intend to use in the 1st Qtr, largely to figure out what is going to work and what the defense is going to do against certain personnel packages and formations. From that, they determine how to go forward in the game, like how to line up in certain formations and then run different plays from that formation to get the defense off guard.

Of course, that depends on the defense keeping the score down to a manageble level, which generally they can do.

In the 1st quarter, if you're one score down, you're essentially tied. :Dunno:
They need to burn the scripted play BS. They are the worst at it. I know every team does it but let’s go against conventional wisdom like Pete used to do. I’m sure every team has caught onto our Run, run, pass, punt sequence by now.
Quit forcing the run when it’s not working, let the passing game open it up, then run.