Wilson has signed a deal with seattle seahawks!!!!!

Tical21

Reaction score
We just had an incredible year on offense, Russ had his best year, and you want to change the playcalling? After two years where we tried to pass a lot more with dismal results. I don't even have words at this point.

Seahawks just laid-up and took Eagle and Double out of play.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1ukdavwd said:
UK_Seahawk":1ukdavwd said:
We just became the packers with a slightly worse QB.

They don't have Pete and John and they don't draft as well as us. Rogers has become injury prone i disagree completely.

Not to mention RW appears to be (based on leaks and rumors) a better teammate and person than AR.

TreeRon

Reaction score
devilhawk88":3osif40k said:
Seanhawk":3osif40k said:
KitsapGuy":3osif40k said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/1118057570172715008[/tweet]

Great, what happened to no time to sleep? He's getting lazy already.

He's not sleeping bro, he's... never mind, if you don't know watch animal planet :mrgreen:

I'd be concerned about hurting himself with all those chains. Hopefully JS sees that and puts and "no chains clause" when ...er... sleeping...in his contract.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
This needed to happen. Wilson is still worth the money even if he doesn't throw 40 times a game. Now on to distraction-less football.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1cxptnpp said:
$35M/Year in new money always seemed like the reasonable target.

Agree. Exactly what I've been saying also and all those 40+M people out there and people saying him wanting trade or cap percentage rumors turned out to be the pure BS that most off seasons are made of.

Congrats Russ, and thank you those that turned on him over a bunch of BS because your true colors are now clear to all.

THE TABS

Reaction score
Great news. Now the noise can stop.

Now it’s on Pete to allow the offense to evolve and fully utilize Russ. Time to take off the handcuffs and let him show the world what’s he’s REALLY capable of doing.

Tical21

Reaction score
If they change an extremely successful and efficient offense because they paid their quarterback more money, it would be like shooting yourself through the mouth, not doing the job, and picking up the gun again.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Totally Seymour, however it was reasonable to suspect the worst given the handwriting by some. I really hated this no contract by X date and I’m outta here negaotioation style though.

In the end the negative folks will now find another way to spin how the team can’t win now b/c RW’s contract takes too much cap, woe is us, etc..

Good job FO, now let’s secure more of the core to go forward.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The noise will start right back up about Bobby's contract, Frank's contract, and even to a lesser extent Reed. I have it as gospel from somebody right here on .NET that the Seahawks don't pay their best players.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Tical21":t7lcwaj1 said:
If they change an extremely successful and efficient offense because they paid their quarterback more money, it would be like shooting yourself through the mouth, not doing the job, and picking up the gun again.

our offense was extremely successful mainly due to Wilson being the playmaker that he is. No one is saying abandon the run, just let the guy do his thing far more often.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Defense wins championships. Pete's greatest challenge will be building a defense that can take over a game with less salary cap. I believe he can do it but they're going to have start drafting much better, and stop trading all of their top picks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not only did the Front Office knock it out of the park, the fact that people have been showing their true colors for months makes this all so much fun. I look forward to 5 more years of people saying they only win because of everyone BUT Russ. Good luck with that. :lol:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1abqyy19 said:
Totally Seymour, however it was reasonable to suspect the worst given the handwriting by some. I really hated this no contract by X date and I’m outta here negaotioation style though.

In the end the negative folks will now find another way to spin how the team can’t win now b/c RW’s contract takes too much cap, woe is us, etc..

It will be a problem. But it's not as if Seattle would have been likely to win by dumping one of the most elite franchise QB's out there. This needed to happen.

Maybe the CBA can somehow bring some balance back to the league.

Seymour

Reaction score
jammerhawk":n8cj0nyg said:

Good job FO, now let’s secure more of the core to go forward.

Well as it turned out, Russell just wanted a fair deal and did not want to be a distraction during camp again. I didn't like it either (deadline), but it turned out to accomplish exactly what he wanted. A fair market deal without being drug out through camp and always in the news cycle. People need to remember....Wilson gave that deadline in January....so there was plenty of time. The Seahawks took it to the 2 minute warning, not Wilson IMO.

Rat

Reaction score
I was really on the fence about this, but I guess that means I get to be happy either way.

We will have a really, really good QB on our team for a long time. That's undeniably awesome!

Now we better be drafting really damn good, because we will probably need to.

Greenhell

Reaction score
devilhawk88":2gnqeypf said:
Seanhawk":2gnqeypf said:
KitsapGuy":2gnqeypf said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/1118057570172715008[/tweet]

Great, what happened to no time to sleep? He's getting lazy already.

He's not sleeping bro, he's... never mind, if you don't know watch animal planet :mrgreen:

They look like they already had their fun. :lol:

Latest posts