Wilson last night

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":20ialf59 said:
Sgt. Largent":20ialf59 said:
Good, but not great.

Still seemed a little off, especially early. If this was golf I'd say Russell has a case of the yips. Maybe tight? Overthinking? idk, but definitely not his usual confident self making quick decisions and being one of the most accurate throwers in the NFL.

I agree with the feeling, but he was 19-26 ...

Didn't feel like "bounce back" did it?

Well after the GB game, literally walking out of the tunnel and not tripping made it a bounce back game.

I'd say it was 67% bounce back, so hopefully another game at home against another hated rival will complete the 100% bounce back rolling into the playoffs.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Maybe he was a little off because he had to keep adjusting that damn knee brace. Can someone get a knee brace for him that doesn't become a mangled mess after one slide.
And Collinsworth was right in saying that the Rams should have called a timeout before the first quarter expired to force Boykin into the game for that third-down play while Russ was getting the knee brace worked on. I think we wound picking up the first to begin the second quarter.

rigelian

Reaction score
I thought Wilson threw the ball because thought a Ram jumped into the neutral zone before it was snapped.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

semiahmoo

Reaction score
rigelian":1yzg402l said:
I thought Wilson threw the ball because thought a Ram jumped into the neutral zone before it was snapped.

Might be right.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
rigelian":2m2cqeow said:

Thought so too. Didn't Collinsworth say the same?

Aside from that, RW was 19/25 for 3 TDs and about 235 yds. Hard to bitch about stats that good.

Largent80

Reaction score
I really liked the 95 yard drive and the touch he had on that ball to Lockett told me we were winning that game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3kwmi2pb said:
Maybe he was a little off because he had to keep adjusting that damn knee brace. Can someone get a knee brace for him that doesn't become a mangled mess after one slide.
And Collinsworth was right in saying that the Rams should have called a timeout before the first quarter expired to force Boykin into the game for that third-down play while Russ was getting the knee brace worked on. I think we wound picking up the first to begin the second quarter.

Definitely think there's some physical things going on that may be affecting Russell's mobility and therefore accuracy and/or confidence.

I have a feeling after the year's over we're going to discover that Russell's knee was far worse than he or the team was letting on. He's better, but that burst and speed is nowhere near 100%.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2qmhv2al said:
Siouxhawk":2qmhv2al said:

Definitely think there's some physical things going on that may be affecting Russell's mobility and therefore accuracy and/or confidence.

I have a feeling after the year's over we're going to discover that Russell's knee was far worse than he or the team was letting on. He's better, but that burst and speed is nowhere near 100%.

Totally agree he's slower. Sometimes looks much slower.Not sure if it's the knee, extra weight he's carrying, both? Thought perhaps his more common bad throws was related to that chest injury from earlier, but who knows?

He's showing up, working hard, but yes, does not appear 100% as of last night.

The 10-day break will likely do him a lot of good.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The whole offense took a bit to get going. I suspect it would have been a cleaner looking performance by them had they not played on a few days rest.

Tough test coming up on XMas Eve though. The Cardinals defense is another one that tends to give us fits sometimes.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":3uispeek said:
I think that based on how the game was going you are fine with that throw. Make them go 90 yards at a point where clock is more important than points. Risk with a field goal is much higher there. I doubt they kick it if he doesn't convert

Besides, the usual holder was in concussion protocol so kicking it was probably out of the question.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
It was acceptable. Russell Wilson is consistently awful in bad weather, but he has played decently before in weather that is merely cold. This was fine.

As a team, they don't look like they're winning anything relevant (i.e. a Lombardi) this year, but they were okay last night.

jhoeHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":1qvcj5rb said:
Uncle Si":1qvcj5rb said:
austinslater25":1qvcj5rb said:
He threw it thinking it was a free play so I get that. Hated the initial play call though too. Odd game overall and hard for me to process. Blew out a team that always plays you very well but it just didn't feel right.

Maybe the residual effect from the GB game?

I know, what's up with this feeling? We beat a team that always play us hard, has won the last 3, we beat them handily, but why am I not jubilant? :179419:

Its because Russell Wilson will once again show us that he is not an elite qb in games that matter.

djb28

Reaction score
It looked like by the end of the game I saw some attitude returning to the guys. But beyond a couple cheers for Tyler, I pretty much just sat back and watched and wondered what was wrong with me? It was an odd feeling and an odd game. Glad to hear many felt the same way. I guess it is because nothing has been proven that this team can line up and give a really good team a game. But hey, You gotta be in it to win it. And I guess they are in it. So lets see what happens.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":25qzaay4 said:
mikeak":25qzaay4 said:
I think that based on how the game was going you are fine with that throw. Make them go 90 yards at a point where clock is more important than points. Risk with a field goal is much higher there. I doubt they kick it if he doesn't convert

Possible. They were pinned down on the opposite end of the field so it worked out for the Hawks. Perhaps because it seemed such a poor throw by Wilson, and he's had so many of those of late, it led to a lot of what the hell was that?reactions.
Some posting leads me to that same thing.."What the hell was that"?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1mfxhmww said:
19-26 for 229, 3 TDs and one late INT that made no sense as a play call or throw.

Thoughts on his "bounce back" performance last night?

I thought he had a good game outside of the ridiculous INT thrown into triple coverage.

To be fair he looked visibly irritated after the throw and probably knew he shouldn't have thrown it.

I also think he's feeling more pressure than ever before because of the stagnant state of the offense as of late. I think this is why we are seeing more interceptions, because we're having trouble running the ball and he puts it on his shoulders.

If we had a good offensive line we would likely go 14-2 or around that ever year, thats how good of a QB Wilson actually is when he gets protection.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
jhoeHawk":1ukkv7eu said:
ivotuk":1ukkv7eu said:
Uncle Si":1ukkv7eu said:
austinslater25":1ukkv7eu said:
He threw it thinking it was a free play so I get that. Hated the initial play call though too. Odd game overall and hard for me to process. Blew out a team that always plays you very well but it just didn't feel right.

Maybe the residual effect from the GB game?

I know, what's up with this feeling? We beat a team that always play us hard, has won the last 3, we beat them handily, but why am I not jubilant? :179419:

Its because Russell Wilson will once again show us that he is not an elite qb in games that matter.

Are you serious?

He often proves he is elite by winning in close-and-late games.

He had one bad playoff game, a game in which we won, come on dude.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
djb28":2eos6q6a said:
It looked like by the end of the game I saw some attitude returning to the guys. But beyond a couple cheers for Tyler, I pretty much just sat back and watched and wondered what was wrong with me? It was an odd feeling and an odd game. Glad to hear many felt the same way. I guess it is because nothing has been proven that this team can line up and give a really good team a game. But hey, You gotta be in it to win it. And I guess they are in it. So lets see what happens.

I have no idea what you wrote. I just watched about 15 iterations of your avatar

Hawks46

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":mnus5zfx said:
Uncle Si":mnus5zfx said:
19-26 for 229, 3 TDs and one late INT that made no sense as a play call or throw.

Thoughts on his "bounce back" performance last night?

Watching the play live and then watching the replay, it looks like Wilson thought the defense was offsides and that it was a free play. Makes a little more sense to throw it up in that situation.

I hope so because after that pick I was like "dang, Russell just hucks it up now and is getting pretty careless".

irocdave

Reaction score
RW had an OK game. Much better than the Packer game, but not the type of game we are used to seeing from RW. This years offense doesn't have an identity. None. When Lynch was playing he was the straw that stirred the drink, not RW. Last year it came time to pay RW, that impacted the O line and defensive depth, Lynch had a down year but Rawls picked up the load. This year, decisions were made to keep the D at a top shelf level, keep paying JG and of course RW.

The offense has struggled, at every level. Name ONE thing you can count on from the offense game to game that is positive. No Seahawk fan can because they cant consistently perform. We know what your going to get from the D, but on offense, nothing is certain, the even keeled QB play from 4 years previous is out the window and know we see bad reads from the QB, missing wide open recievers with over throws etc. This years versions of the Seahawks on offense sucks. From the QB on down to the long snapper. Their is not one thing they do well that would leave a fan to rely on.

Latest posts