With Penny out, time for a reunion with the Irish Dancer?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
HawkStrong":ac0cm8gy said:
lukerguy":ac0cm8gy said:
If it's a sprain instead of a tear, it's really good news for his career.

A sprain is a tear.

It's probably more correct to say that a tear of a ligament is a sprain. A sprain can be a stretched ligament too, but any bad sprain injury is a tear. If it's a Grade I sprain, it can be a stretch or a tear.

If Carroll is saying it's "significant", it's likely a Grade II tear, which could be something on the order of 6-8 weeks for recovery. A Grade III may be around 2-4 weeks. A Grade III is completely torn or ruptured, and we'd normally refer to it as an "ACL tear".

If their initial diagnosis is correct and Carroll is showing pessimism here because it's likely a Grade II, Penny's probably out for the season. If it's a Grade I it's possible he'll be back for the playoffs.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SPOHAWK":1jz02qcn said:

I agree 100%, I think that Homer is going to need to be the "Next Man Up", because there's no way we can go forth with having only Carson, and his pounding style @ RB for the rest of this season.
Prosise is okay as a situational Back, but he has shown zero durability.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, someone was recently saying they should trade Penny and play Homer more...…...so I guess they got their wish. Even though it made the Hawks not as good overall w/out Penny.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pete might take a look at Homer in practice, but still need to sign someone off the free agent scrap heap........or off someone's practice squad.

Can't go into the most important part of the season with only three backs.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Mike Davis is with the Panthers after being waived by the Bears...
I don't think he's even played a down for the Panthers, looks like he's been inactive for the games there.
Maybe they would be willing to let him go for a 7th rounder in 2024!

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Wartooth":12rbp0j7 said:
Mike Davis is with the Panthers after being waived by the Bears...
I don't think he's even played a down for the Panthers, looks like he's been inactive for the games there.
Maybe they would be willing to let him go for a 7th rounder in 2024!

Trade deadline already passed. Weeks ago.

2_0_6

Reaction score
If the goal is to not rely on Homer the rest of the way, what about Alex Collins? Sure he has had a bit of a snag with some legal crap, but hey what's a misdemeanor or two between friends? :irishdrinkers:

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Procise is a mess as a straight back but he should be able to catch balls out of the backfield and Homer can be a pounding back so the trio should be okay, none have breakaway speed but nobody coming out of the scrap heap will have it either.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Don't know much about his legal issues, but wikipedia states that he got caught with over 10 grams of marijuana and a handgun. Unwise, but nothing compared to domestic violence and such. He looked pretty decent after he left the hawks, even though he had some fumbling issues.

Was trying to find information on who is available after the game last night, and couldn't find anything. I guess a lot depends on how serious Penny's injury is, and how confident they are in Homer and Prosise. With the limited information I have atm, I wouldn't be against bringing him in.

Tinymac2

Reaction score
Is Mike Davis available? He knows the system and played well for us last year. He might still have some juice.

He’s not. Panther’s claimed him week 11.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Here are a list of veteran FA's I managed to find that may still be active and most are probably better than Procice depending on what shape they are in

Alfred Morris
Rod Smith
Kenneth Dixon
Andre Ellington
Lagarette Blount
Alfred Blue
Travaris Cadet
Chris Ivory
Donta Forman
Thomas Rawls
Chris Warren
Charkandrik West
Fozzy Whitaker

bigskydoc

Reaction score
It would be pretty funny if we picked up Blount, and beat the Eagles en route to defeating the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

4 rings with three teams, and beating his previous teams along the way.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Both NFL.com and ESPN.com are reporting an ACL tear. One site said other knee damage too. I'm not sure how extensive that is. It didn't really say if it is a partial tear or an all the way through tear. But it sounds bad. Really bad. I feel bad for my guy Penny. He was just starting to show you what he can do with his speed and explosiveness. He was really coming on this year and especially the last few games. At any rate it sounds like it is more significant than a sprain.

Hopefully he can get it fixed, rehab the injury and be back for you next year. It seems he is out this season and including the playoffs. Next year if all goes well he will come back strong for you. It's really unfortunate. It bothers me a lot because Penny is really a great player when healthy and he was starting to prove that to you. I hope he will back and OK soon.

:(