WR Jordy Nelson visiting Seahawks

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Good Nelson retired now Seattle will have to do there homework and make a serious effort to find a WR in the draft. Every time we get one of these old retreads at WR it usually just wastes money and a roster spot. Tyler is a very good WR so we know they can find a good WR in the draft there will be a bunch of them available in round 3-4.,

James in PA

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2awizz4o said:
Good Nelson retired now Seattle will have to do there homework and make a serious effort to find a WR in the draft. Every time we get one of these old retreads at WR it usually just wastes money and a roster spot. Tyler is a very good WR so we know they can find a good WR in the draft there will be a bunch of them available in round 3-4.,
Rookie WR’s tend to disappoint that first year. We need to go out and get a proven vet no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seafan

Reaction score
They could possibly bring back Kearse. The team is high on Darboh so they may not be as inclined to spend their limited resources this season on another WR.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
James in PA":3qxa9omg said:
Northwest Seahawk":3qxa9omg said:
Rookie WR’s tend to disappoint that first year. We need to go out and get a proven vet no matter what.

I'd rather give the rookie playing experience. They don't need to be a world beater, we got along just fine with Moore, Brown, and Lockett. Is it ideal? No. The thought here is Moore is really good at doing one thing. He's great at going deep, and catching contested balls. He can pretty much only run one route well, but that is okay. We can have all of our wide receivers in during situations according to their strengths and weaknesses. I think we really should go out and draft a rookie, perhaps even in the first round.

As far as Kearse goes, he has a similar skillset to Moore. I see a lot of overlap here, don't want him on this team.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":22esq1du said:
Nuts, on the retirement.
His heart just wasn't into it..
He could have played just for a last big pay year and been meh.
I can't stand players who play with no heart so I respect the guy
for knowing it was time and doing it.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
What do we think of Kelvin Benjamin?

6'5" 245 would be the big-body receiver we need, just don't know how much of a head case he is.

James in PA

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":va43i0py said:
What do we think of Kelvin Benjamin?

6'5" 245 would be the big-body receiver we need, just don't know how much of a head case he is.
Good call! Not saying he’d be the answer, but this is exactly the type of WR I could see Pete going after. Big body, won’t take up much cap space, still young and might have a chip on his shoulder.

chris98251

Reaction score
Mike Williams again, great out of the gate then trying to keep him focused on football became a problem.

We have had enough head case WR's here during this regime.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I wanted KB in the draft so bad that year. He is a RedZone and jump ball threat. Has some drops and can get on the heavy side but not unsimilar to Mike Williams.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hawks will need to draft a WR this year are there are a bunch that are going to be 2nd and 3rd rounders that they will target. They are going to rely more on Brown this year, Pete said it on the radio yesterday.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2x7yolgl said:
Hawks will need to draft a WR this year are there are a bunch that are going to be 2nd and 3rd rounders that they will target. They are going to rely more on Brown this year, Pete said it on the radio yesterday.
Deepest DL draft in ages and we're taking WR in the 2nd or 3rd? That reeks of need drafting instead of value drafting.

Traditionally we have addressed needs ahead of the draft. I hope that continues.

Largent80

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2vdri8ol said:
Largent80":2vdri8ol said:
Deepest DL draft in ages and we're taking WR in the 2nd or 3rd? That reeks of need drafting instead of value drafting.

Traditionally we have addressed needs ahead of the draft. I hope that continues.

Do some research. This is a good draft for wr in the middle rounnds. We don't need to draft dl. Martin was insane as a rookie and we have green. Maybe another run stuffer for the middle but Seattle isn't going to draft a DL early.

chris98251

Reaction score
Really it depends on the value they place on Reynolds and Darboh as well as how they want to use Brown this next season, he was almost invisible most the time and should have been a lot more involved you also have Malik Turner who got some game time late in the Season last year.

We have our stash's still, we forget about them because they are not big names but the coaches have ideas on how they wasn't to bring them along, much like Kearse and Baldwin.

sutz

Reaction score
Take it how you will, it being pre-draft and all, but Pete is talking maybe not worrying about WR.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... -o-roster/

The latest injury news about Doug Baldwin — a sports hernia surgery set for April that may mean he is not available until training camp — would seem to only underscore the potential need for Seattle to add a receiver.

The surgery will be Baldwin’s third of the offseason. He turns 31 in September, and the surgery raises the question of if he can ever again reach the kind of form as he did in 2015, when he set a team record with 14 touchdown receptions.

- - - - - -

But in comments at the NFL league meetings Tuesday and on a radio interview on 710 ESPN Seattle, coach Pete Carroll indicated the team may have the answers it needs to answer any questions about the receiving corps from within.

- - - - - -

Two are obvious candidates — third-year player David Moore and veteran Jaron Brown, who had the third- and fourth-most receptions of any receivers on the roster last year after Lockett and Baldwin.

More at link.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Largent80":tbc7rl59 said:
KiwiHawk":tbc7rl59 said:
Largent80":tbc7rl59 said:

Do some research. This is a good draft for wr in the middle rounnds. We don't need to draft dl. Martin was insane as a rookie and we have green. Maybe another run stuffer for the middle but Seattle isn't going to draft a DL early.

Nonsense -- you can never have too many pass rushers. Do you remember our 2013 Super Bowl team where Bennett and Avril were backups?

If the draft is deep in DL you invest in it.

I am not trying to judge you but too many fans have that money approach and just want sexy picks at the skill position.

ivotuk

Reaction score
On Clayton, Pete sounded like he was looking forward to seeing Amarah Darbo on the field this year.

IIRC, Darboh had some good flashes but got injured? Likely the typical drafted WR who takes a year or two to learn the position at the NFL level.

I think Pete is looking for development from Jaron Brown this year too.