Your #1 Seahawk that needs to step up with Percy gone

chet380

Reaction score
>>"LOL You mean offen-S-e, and defen-S-e?"<<

FYI, everywhere in the English-speaking world other than the Exceptional Country, the nouns are spelled "offen-C-e" and "defen-C-e", but no need to be offen-S-ive :D

seedhawk

Reaction score
chet380":it5pjepo said:
>>"LOL You mean offen-S-e, and defen-S-e?"<<

FYI, everywhere in the English-speaking world other than the Exceptional Country, the nouns are spelled "offen-C-e" and "defen-C-e", but no need to be offen-S-ive :D

Well, suppose we "elude" the pressure instead of "alluding" . :mrgreen:

HansGruber

Reaction score
One (or more) of Richardson, Norwood and/or Walters need to step up now that they have their shot. Rookie WRs always tend to struggle a bit, so we can't expect Richardson or Norwood to suddenly start playing like Calvin Johnson or anything. But one or more of them really HAVE to step up and prove they can play.

Norwood would probably the best, since he is more of a true #1 type red-zone threat. Big, physical, and fast enough. Having him play the way he did at 'Bama, would be a major boon against physical secondaries like Arizona. In fact, it might be enough to tip the scales and give us a sweep of the Cardinals this year, who are really our biggest threat in the NFCW.

Any way you look at it, I'm super excited because Percy the Bum has always been a wasted roster spot.

HansGruber

Reaction score
hawk45":3jqbqz1i said:
I understand Percy didn't have Russ-like devotion and was a dbag about it (sounds like) but we don't know that Percy didn't know a slant route or two. We don't know that he fancied himself a gadget player and only wanted to be thrown to behind the LOS.

There were rumors and reports coming out a few weeks before the trade that Percy was refusing to run extra routes in practice with Russell because he just wanted to be given the ball to do his thing. While Russell wanted to practice until they got the actual called routes perfect.

That alone makes me really excited to see what happens when we get some players who are willing to do the extra reps with Russell.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
THE Angry Doug Baldwin. I really really like Doug and want desperately for him to solidify himself as a big time wideout in the NFL. You're the man now Doug. Get it done.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
HansGruber":2r5nngzv said:
hawk45":2r5nngzv said:
I understand Percy didn't have Russ-like devotion and was a dbag about it (sounds like) but we don't know that Percy didn't know a slant route or two. We don't know that he fancied himself a gadget player and only wanted to be thrown to behind the LOS.

There were rumors and reports coming out a few weeks before the trade that Percy was refusing to run extra routes in practice with Russell because he just wanted to be given the ball to do his thing. While Russell wanted to practice until they got the actual called routes perfect.

That alone makes me really excited to see what happens when we get some players who are willing to do the extra reps with Russell.
Yep, I'd rather have Bryan Walters on this team if he is willing to put the team first rather than a very talented Harvin who is a diva and all about himself.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bevell needs to pull his head out bigtime, the o-line needs to step it up, and we need the learning curve of the rookie receivers to be instant.

Hawks46

Reaction score
We "need" our pass rush to step up, but on offense, I'd like to see Richardson step up.

We need to take the top off of defenses so they not only quit stacking the box, but creeping up in the box and condensing it.

In theory, Harvin (with his elite acceleration) would be a great blitz beat on a quick slant, but evidently he didn't want to do that. Richardson, with his speed, should be able to do the same thing. His routes looked very polished in preseason, and he's not a 1 trick pony. Having Richardson on the field, and having teams respect his speed, will help us beat blitzes.

We really need to throw a few up to him, even if they're incompletions. So far this season, the Seahawks haven't really challenged anyone deep. Teams need to know we're going to hit them over the top.