Zach Miller had ankle surgery EDIT: CONFIRMED

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2014/09/29/carroll-seahawks-like-in-house-fill-ins-for-starting-te-zach-miller-ankle-surgery-better-than-signing-a-new-one-for-next-few-weeks/[/urltargetblank]

It’s going to be Luke Willson as the starting tight end, Cooper Helfet number two and tackle Alvin Bailey as a third “tight end” on running downs for the next few weeks for the Seahawks. Even rookie tackle Garry Gilliam, a tight end until his senior season of 2013 at Penn State, may get some of the time at the position. All this is while starting tight end Zach Miller recovers following surgery to clean out bone spurs and what coach Pete Carroll said were other “loose bodies” in his ankle.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Could not get the tweet on here but

Gilliam just said something about getting into TE speed.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I don't think it's that big of a deal that they need to sign anyone. Go with the guys we got. We have plenty of good receivers and line men, just activate Christine Michael and we're good to go.

And just because Dallas beat New Orleans in Dallas doesn't mean they are all of a sudden world beaters. Saints suck on the road, and Jimmy Graham is soft.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
And then there’s Gilliam, who made the 53-man roster as a rookie free agent tackle but also played tight end at Penn State.

“He’s already worked there (at tight end), so he’s eligible for that, too,” Carroll said. “He’s more than willing. We’ve talked about it for a long time, ever since we first got him in here, that this could be a possibility. So he’s ready if we call on him.”

"
“We would like to stay with our people and bank on the communication and on the system working for us and all that. So we’re going to get it fixed right here.”

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... ac464d21db

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Garry_Gilliam/status/516742964312154113[/tweet]

Silentwander

Reaction score
Yes please use our guys, Carroll. They can step up for Miller. It is their turn to shine some. I didn't want to see any outsiders bring inside when we have our guys who are ready to take a role.

Largent80

Reaction score
Pete already said they are not going outside of what we have already regarding the TE situation.

"We've looked hard. We've had a lot of guys in here and worked out a lot of people," he said. "We would like to stay with our people, banking on the communication and the system working for us and all of that. So we're going to get it fixed right here."

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2615463/Pete ... ach-Miller

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":3e2pt3os said:
Pete already said they are not going outside of what we have already regarding the TE situation.

"We've looked hard. We've had a lot of guys in here and worked out a lot of people," he said. "We would like to stay with our people, banking on the communication and the system working for us and all of that. So we're going to get it fixed right here."

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2615463/Pete ... ach-Miller

I agree with Pete, it's not ideal but we should be fine with Helfet and Willson.............as long as Helfet can contribute and not get dinged up again.

This is gonna get really ugly if one of these guys gets hurt.

Jville

Reaction score
This is a win win win development.

We are going to see a healthier and quicker Zach Miller a few weeks down the road. Plus a dedicated sideline teaching/tutor opportunity in the mean time.

Such a huge opportunity for a bigger faster stronger Luke Wilson. Really excited for Luke this week. Looking forward to his best pro game to date.

Cooper Helfet should see some meaningful snaps this week ... including his first regular season snaps with the offensive unit. Cooper has certainly put in the work for this opportunity.

I would think Gary Gillian will be active this week. So .... should be another opportunity to audition for that 6th lineman role.

Seizing this opportunity should enhance the experience of their depth and improve Seahawk outlook for this season.

I'm looking forward to this latest wrinkle in the 2014 Seahawk story.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
I liked the part about Cassius Marsh possibly getting TE snaps. That'd be awesome to see if he could get open and make a couple catches.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Jville":19820b3k said:
This is a win win win development.

We are going to see a healthier and quicker Zach Miller a few weeks down the road. Plus a dedicated sideline teaching/tutor opportunity in the mean time.

Such a huge opportunity for a bigger faster stronger Luke Wilson. Really excited for Luke this week. Looking forward to his best pro game to date.

Cooper Helfet should see some meaningful snaps this week ... including his first regular season snaps with the offensive unit. Cooper has certainly put in the work for this opportunity.

I would think Gary Gillian will be active this week. So .... should be another opportunity to audition for that 6th lineman role.

Seizing this opportunity should enhance the experience of their depth and improve Seahawk outlook for this season.

I'm looking forward to this latest wrinkle in the 2014 Seahawk story.

+1

NEXT MAN UP.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Interesting that Gilliam was a TE in college.

He's got a skill set that most Tackles don't have, so that could add a wrinkle, especially in goal line offense.

He only played Tackle for his Senior year in college, which means he hasn't come close to realizing his upside.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Hasn't Gonzales been a major Denver homer though during his recent broadcast times? "Denver will take it all", "The broncos are really that good" etc etc? I mean if he can still play cool but that does rather irk me.