Zach Miller Returns

gargantual

Reaction score
I appreciate the savings that will allow other moves, as well as wiggle room towards extending Sherm and ET, but a bummer Miller is taking a paycut. He's the very definition of team player, quietly accepting lower catching stats to make up for deficiencies on the O line.

Thanks Zach.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Awesome!!! Miller is a complete TE. Adding Finley equates to a poor man's Jimmy Graham.

PascoHawk

Reaction score
I am glad to see Zack back. He is very solid and capable of much bigger numbers of we wanted to feature him more. He is a team player all the way.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
jammerhawk":19vyrppj said:
I wonder if this speaks volumes about Jermichael Finley's health?
I'm not thinking so given their roles are very different. Though this definitely allows us to meet Allen's number if we have no choice/option.

drdiags

Reaction score
On the possibility of cutting McCoy, his 1 yr contract is fully guaranteed. $400K signing bonus plus the $950K salary is guaranteed. He would have to fail to compete to be cut. Wilson being cut is more likely if the team didn't carry 4 TEs.

Glad to see Zach will be back.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
This was best case scenario for the team this year. Nice.

I still think Willson will be the guy next year through. His progress in just one year was very impressive.

I get the feeling we aren't impressed with TEs in the draft?

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Yeah - FA TE market was bad and 3 mil a year is his market value. Was basically cut by us and re-signed a 2/8 deal (with total incentives). He was set to make 6/year the next two years.

I don't really see how this is being a team player so much as guaranteeing himself another 6-8 million dollars.

theascension

Reaction score
I know most retired NFL players say don't take a paycut but with Miller he's a family man now and I'm sure has invested his millions. He easily has enough to retire comfortably on and put his kids in school for the future.

This just speaks volumes of how great the organization and fans are, it must be pretty attractive to stick with Seattle for Miller if he takes a 2 year 50% paycut.

Atradees

Reaction score
Wonder what the cap impact is? He initially received a signing bonus? Or because its a new deal is it 3 miilion per year less incentives?

Oh yeah....yay Zach Miller. Now lets get some linemen and throw the dude the ball.

I like the play where he throws a block, falls down and then catches TD's-fooling the D!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3mgy8w08 said:
I wonder if this speaks volumes about Jermichael Finley's health?
I'm not thinking so given their roles are very different. Though this definitely allows us to meet Allen's number if we have no choice/option.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
The Chess game continues. I keep wondering about our 2014 run game. We lost Breno on that right side and now we re-signed Miller. Where does Mike Rob fit into this?

theascension

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":1sprrun4 said:
The Chess game continues. I keep wondering about our 2014 run game. We lost Breno on that right side and now we re-signed Miller. Where does Mike Rob fit into this?

I don't know.. I haven't seen ANYTHING about Mike Rob. All I remember is him being pretty candid in that one interview leading up to the superbowl stating that PC and the team "really really like Coleman". I have to think he's gone even though he's such a leader, unless he took a very small contract.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Great news. Win-win-win. All parties involved win. Miller would have been cut to sign for the same or less elsewhere. Very happy. It probably has not impacted Finley signing since they are completely different. He could be moved to play as a WR, and his drop numbers are not terrible like some make it out to be. He has improved in this area since his first year.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Was waiting for this, I would have been disappointed if he was cut. Hard to fill his shoes and expecting a 4th round TE from this class to do it would have been far fetched. Finely and Willson could both be used as a WR. I could see us with 5 WR, 4 TE's, 3 RB's, and only 1 FB this season. We could also put McCoy or if we Sing Finely on the PUP list and bring them in later part of the season.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Glad to see this happen - I like Miller. But he has been one of if not the highest paid TE in the league over the past couple of years and while he's been solid i dunno if he's been top of the league good.

This sort of makes me want us to get Rice back even more if the deal works, and keep as many core guys that know are offense and are comfortable with Wilson as possible.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
oh and I also think this is probably the last move that needed to happen before ET gets his extension - I expect to hear about that by monday. not sayin we won't make any other moves but I think this decision was the one that that was pending on the most, just knowing what the cap space was.