Zach Miller Returns

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Awesome! I wonder if this removes Finley completely as a potential signing, or if they envision a role for him potentially alongside Zach. Still hoping we target Austin Seferian-Jenkins in round two if his injury causes him to slide that fsr. That would be ideal IMO. But this is a great move in its own right.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
The Yugoslavian":1ularshv said:
Awesome! I wonder if this removes Finley completely as a potential signing, or if they envision a role for him potentially alongside Zach. Still hoping we target Austin Seferian-Jenkins in round two if his injury causes him to slide that fsr. That would be ideal IMO. But this is a great move in its own right.

With Mccoy, Willson, and Miller I don't see it as a position of need but if you can bring someone in so they can compete that's fine too.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Seaswab":1uww66lo said:
King Dog":1uww66lo said:
Never listen to what Clayton says. That guy makes up stuff all the time.

Yet every caller on his radio shows slobbers on him.

Those are the only ones they let talk on the air. And to think he used to be credible, sorta...

DavidSeven

Reaction score
They can carry 4 TEs if Finley is just a TE by title. Again, many envision Finley as more of a big slot WR. We wouldn't sign him to block.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
King Dog":eytol2h7 said:
Never listen to what Clayton says. That guy makes up stuff all the time.
I like Clayton's actual 'reporting' of stories...I HATE his prognostication and predictions as they are wrong so often. The more irritating part is that when he's proved wrong he makes excuses to show that her really was right in some way. I change the channel when he starts doing that.

gargantual

Reaction score
We can't assume he took a "paycut" until we see actual numbers. This may just shuffle it around to the benefit of the cap.

And if he was playing in a pass happy O he'd have no prob showing he's worth EVERY DAMNED PENNY he's making. His numbers in Oakland bear that out easily.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
TheWalrus":15tdsmji said:
Hard to believe they would 4 TE's on the roster.
Not really. Going into TC they usually have at least that many. Plus, both McCoy (I think) and Willson have PS eligibility still.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
@RapSheet: #Seahawks TE Zach Miller re-did his deal, as @BrocknDanny said. From $6M per to $3M per for 2 years with incentives to get to $4M per.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3m5boex6 said:
TheWalrus":3m5boex6 said:
Not really. Going into TC they usually have at least that many. Plus, both McCoy (I think) and Willson have PS eligibility still.

No way either of those guys make it onto the Practice Squad. There's too much tape of them succeeding against NFL defenses in real games for them to slide.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suppose you may be right but who doesn't stay then b/c the team has quite a few candidates at TE? Sure can't see the team axing Willson, thus if Finley is added, likely each of Beckum, Helfet, or McCoy is gone.

Am thinking this deal may mean no Finley.

ErikG803

Reaction score
I wonder if they consider using Wilson or Finley as WR, hard to imagine 6 wrs and 4 tes

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
gargantual":5oh408ek said:
Jazzhawk":5oh408ek said:
McCoy (I think) and Willson have PS eligibility still.

Wow. Wouldn't have guessed that. Thought they'd both played waaaay too much so far.
Possible. I have been wrong many times before. Regardless, 4 TE's going into camp is not too may at all. Frankly, McCoy is easily affordable to cut if someone else outplays him.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Clayton is better than most. This is a hard business to predict with so many moving pieces. I think he does a great job, its just a tough job to do. He's been right more than he's been wrong in my opinion.

I doubt they sign Finley who I was excited about but keeping Miller is a solid move. I would love to see a weapon at that spot though. I might be the only one but I'm not all that excited about Miller signing. Great guy though.

kobebryant

Reaction score
TheWalrus":1lihzr2n said:

They often open camp with 4 or more on the roster. Though, of course, guys like Cooper Helfet and Travis Beckum are long shots.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Glad to have Zach back. Hopefully we'll see improved o-line play and he'll be used more in the passing game and less as a 3rd tackle since that's his biggest strength.