Pick #111, Tedric Thompson, DB, Colorado

Rat

Reaction score
hedgehawk":1kopvbx4 said:
Rat":1kopvbx4 said:
I don't know anything about Thompson, but if it's a DB and Carroll likes him, I'm excited about it.

I teared up a little bit watching Thompson's video of Schneider calling him. He seems to really appreciate the opportunity he's getting.

Can you tell me where this video is? Thanks!!

I saw it on the Seahawks Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Seahawks/

I'm not sure how to link specific Facebook posts, but they have several of them on there.

EDIT: Found a link: https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/858381625259839488

chris98251

Reaction score
Here is the scouting report.

Strengths
Quality athlete with desired long speed. High school wide receiver with good hands and outstanding ball skills. Can climb the ladder and challenge the jump ball. Works to stay in front of the route rather than trailing. Instincts and athleticism lead him to the throw. Successfully reads quarterback's intentions. Takes the playmaker's path to throws targeting catch point over receiver. Squeezes top of the route in zone. Finished with 10 interceptions at Colorado. Covers skills are a plus. Older brother, Cedric, was exceptional athlete as safety at Minnesota and was drafted by the Dolphins in 2015.

Weaknesses
Average height for position and needs more muscle on his frame. Desire as a playmaker can be used against him. Bait routes can pull his attention away from deep help responsibilities in single-high looks. Path to ball as downhill tackler needs improvement. Grab-and-drag arm tackler over wrap-up finisher. Tends to attack from angles rather than squared up as tackler. Not much thud behind his pads as a hitter. Missed final four games of 2014 with lingering effects from a concussion.

Says he has speed, can defend well and cover.

This is Earls back up and or replacement.

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":31hbkdg2 said:
seanmatt":31hbkdg2 said:
To be fair this is probably the only era they are aware of

Or this person remembers the Holmgren/Ruskell era and understands that these past two seasons are very similar to the 2006 and 2007 Hawks of that era.

Not even remotely comparable.

The 2007 Seahawks offense was far older and closer to their twilight than the current Seahawks offense. Russell Wilson is not Matt Hasselbeck by any stretch of the imagination, nor is Thomas Rawls anything like Shaun Alexander. And they've arguably had more success, despite a bad OL, as that Holmgren team. Five playoff appearances. Two Super Bowl appearances. One ring. That ought to blow the minds of some of the OL-obsessed people.

The 2007 Seahawks defense, for their part, was never the Legion. They were a huge pretender. They benefited from a ridiculously easy division and schedule that year, beating up on several bad QBs (Gus Frerotte? A.J. Feeley? Troy Smith? Todd Collins?) and proving totally ineffective against every good one (Brees, Roethlisberger, Palmer, and finally Favre). They also lost to Matt Moore and Derek Anderson, even struggling against Chris Redman. It's insulting to even compare them to the defense Carroll has built, which has repeatedly stuffed Pro Bowl quarterbacks into the dirt in every way.

So while I'm well aware of the 2007 team's failures, the comparison doesn't even begin to work. This team is younger, better, and more accomplished in every way, with a better foundation and a brighter future.

The 2007 offense and our current defense are a great comparison. Both formally dominant but aging and declining. Much like we ended up investing tons of money in aging offensive players we will do the same with aging defensive players. And of course, Wilson isn't Hasselback. Hasselback was a 6 foot 5 quarterback who could work in the pocket. Hasselback could win games with his arm and didn't depend on his feet and agility to be good. And of course, Rawls is not Alexander. Alexander was a multiple time pro bowler and former league MVP. Rawls is some guy who had a couple good games and is injury prone. Our Superbowl window is shut and our playoff contention window is close to shutting as well. But, you know, Pete and John had a great 2012 offseason so everything they do is magic! In Pete and John we trust. Right?

RockinHawks

Reaction score
seanmatt":1maa5ooa said:
MontanaHawk05":1maa5ooa said:
seanmatt":1maa5ooa said:

Or this person remembers the Holmgren/Ruskell era and understands that these past two seasons are very similar to the 2006 and 2007 Hawks of that era.

The 2007 Seahawks offense was far older and closer to their twilight than the current Seahawks offense. Russell Wilson is not Matt Hasselbeck by any stretch of the imagination, nor is Thomas Rawls anything like Shaun Alexander. And they've arguably had more success, despite a bad OL, as that Holmgren team. Five playoff appearances. Two Super Bowl appearances. One ring. That ought to blow the minds of some of the OL-obsessed people.

The 2007 Seahawks defense, for their part, was never the Legion. They were a huge pretender. They benefited from a ridiculously easy division and schedule that year, beating up on several bad QBs (Gus Frerotte? A.J. Feeley? Troy Smith? Todd Collins?) and proving totally ineffective against every good one (Brees, Roethlisberger, Palmer, and finally Favre). They also lost to Matt Moore and Derek Anderson, even struggling against Chris Redman. It's insulting to even compare them to the defense Carroll has built, which has repeatedly stuffed Pro Bowl quarterbacks into the dirt in every way.

So while I'm well aware of the 2007 team's failures, the comparison doesn't even begin to work. This team is younger, better, and more accomplished in every way, with a better foundation and a brighter future.

The 2007 offense and our current defense are a great comparison. Both formally dominant but aging and declining. Much like we ended up investing tons of money in aging offensive players we will do the same with aging defensive players. And of course, Wilson isn't Hasselback. Hasselback was a 6 foot 5 quarterback who could work in the pocket. Hasselback could win games with his arm and didn't depend on his feet and agility to be good. And of course, Rawls is not Alexander. Alexander was a multiple time pro bowler and former league MVP. Rawls is some guy who had a couple good games and is injury prone. Our Superbowl window is shut and our playoff contention window is close to shutting as well. But, you know, Pete and John had a great 2012 offseason so everything they do is magic! In Pete and John we trust. Right?
:34853_doh:

Super Bowl is two words...the reason I know this is because the Seahawks won it due to Pete and John's guidance and player knowledge.

Go Hawks!

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
We have not had a good draft since 2012. Our big name acquisitions have been busts. Thompson is what he is. A slow FS who was a playmaker in college because the athletic requirements to do so is lesser than they are in the pros. This guy is a backup who at most will be a special teams contributor. It just doesn't make sense to think that every late round pick is going to be a gem because we had good drafts 5 or 6 years ago.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1w2gfx4t said:
seanmatt":1w2gfx4t said:

You are comparing Rawls to Alexander? Alexander had 5 straight seasons with 1000+ yds. Rawls doesn't even have one season over 1000 yds. Shaun Alexander was an NFL MVP. Rawls would be lucky to be the best rb on his team. Not even a close comparison at this point. 2007 was definitely start of the end for SA but he had piled up a really incredible career to that point plus he was coming off a devastating foot injury in 2007. He never recovered from that that.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
seanmatt":26n3yqae said:
MontanaHawk05":26n3yqae said:
seanmatt":26n3yqae said:

I loved Hass, but I would take Russ over him anytime. Also Alexander wouldn't have been jack squat if he wasn't running behind a once in a generation LT, and G combination. The point is that we are trying to reload on defense, so that we stop letting teams score 20+ points a game on us, which if we can keep people on offense healthy should be enough to win.

What people don't get is we don't have enough dough to sign the best LT, and if we did, which of our LOB are you wanting to cut to pay for it. Also, where was the once in a generation LT that we could have drafted at #26? Even if we had bet the farm, and moved up, where was he?

MrThortan

Reaction score
Real curious with all the catastrophizing that has been happening lately. Reality is usually found between the two extremes

sdog1981

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":w9x6yam6 said:
I think some are confused about the concussion history of Tedric. The way I read it, he didn't have 4 concussions, but rather had 1 concussion in 2014 that sent him to the hospital and forced him to miss the final 4 games of the season.

I doubt he'd still be playing if he had 4 concussions.

I was confused about that too. One of the on-air people said that he had 4 concussions. But you are right he had one serious one in 2014 that caused him to miss 4 games. He has played every game over the past two seasons 2015/2016.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
nash72":2gguvxar said:
Seahawk Sailor":2gguvxar said:
What's the average "bouncing in the playoffs" tier in the John Schneider/Pete Carroll era compared to say, any other era of Seahawks football? Your choice. Any one you want for comparison.

Great another guy who's perfectly content to just make the playoffs because the team stunk in the 90's.

2015 10-6 lost to Panthers 2nd round 31-24 in a game in which the Panthers took their foot off the throttle in the 2nd half or they could have put up 50 on us.

2016 10-5-1 took a severe beating in the 2nd round by the Falcons 36-20.

See a pattern here? If your fine with getting booted in the 2nd round than thats cool, but i'm not. The team wont go any further in the playoffs until the lines fixed and guess what didnt get fixed this season?

What other team in the NFC has done better than us in the Pete era?

The Packers are the only team I can think of that had made it to the playoffs most if not every year and only went to the superbowl once and won it Petes first year here

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
There is a contingent of the fan base who are willing to give this current administration a pass because of the success that we had four years ago. The reality is that just as we were peaking we made the horrible Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham trades which cost us draft capital and cap space. Since then there has been this false narrative that the reason that our Oline sucks is because we signed our good defensive players when the truth is that we could have had both if we hadn't have made those two boneheaded trades. There are a group of us who see the direction that this team is going and refuse to celebrate our current mediocrity. Pete and John did a magnificent job of turning the team around and building a Super Bowl (two words!) team, but the magic has worn off and the choices that they made (and continue to make) are leading to this teams demise. We are a season or two away from a regime change. I doubt that a good draft could have prevented that (the structural faults in the construction of this team are too serious) but this year's draft will only ensure it.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
sdog1981":1cx31tpw said:
Siouxhawk":1cx31tpw said:
I think some are confused about the concussion history of Tedric. The way I read it, he didn't have 4 concussions, but rather had 1 concussion in 2014 that sent him to the hospital and forced him to miss the final 4 games of the season.

I was confused about that too. One of the on-air people said that he had 4 concussions. But you are right he had one serious one in 2014 that caused him to miss 4 games. He has played every game over the past two seasons 2015/2016.

I posted this as a question back on page 1- as a question- because I actually searched and found absolutely nothing about 4 concussions. The only reference I could find regarding Thompson and the word "concussion" was the one he had in 2014.

But then, I'm only inclined to believe what I hear on TV...so...

sdog1981

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":fqdinmlh said:
sdog1981":fqdinmlh said:
Siouxhawk":fqdinmlh said:

I posted this as a question back on page 1- as a question- because I actually searched and found absolutely nothing about 4 concussions. The only reference I could find regarding Thompson and the word "concussion" was the one he had in 2014.

But then, I'm only inclined to believe what I hear on TV...so...

A valid page one question that got lost in the other stuff that showed up here.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
seanmatt":2f24o53b said:
MontanaHawk05":2f24o53b said:
seanmatt":2f24o53b said:

Check it out, everyone.

"Hasselback" is being compared favorably to Wilson.

Rawls has only had a couple good games.

Alexander wasn't an injury issue.

You can safely compare an offense to a defense.

Playoffs are mediocrity.

Guess it's time to close up shop on the Carroll era. You heard it here first, folks.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Rat":2fyu57j4 said:
hedgehawk":2fyu57j4 said:
Rat":2fyu57j4 said:
I don't know anything about Thompson, but if it's a DB and Carroll likes him, I'm excited about it.

I teared up a little bit watching Thompson's video of Schneider calling him. He seems to really appreciate the opportunity he's getting.

Can you tell me where this video is? Thanks!!

I saw it on the Seahawks Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Seahawks/

I'm not sure how to link specific Facebook posts, but they have several of them on there.

EDIT: Found a link: https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/858381625259839488

That was awesome. Thank you.

KillerB

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3t09m7li said:
Check it out, everyone.

"Hasselback" is being compared favorably to Wilson.

Rawls has only had a couple good games.

Alexander wasn't an injury issue.

You can safely compare an offense to a defense.

Playoffs are mediocrity.

Guess it's time to close up shop on the Carroll era. You heard it here first, folks.

Indeed. "We are a season or two away from a regime change" - it has been written. Doom! Embrace the suck that is five straight playoff seasons, three division titles and two Super Bowls.

LOL. :D

Uncle Si

Reaction score
This thread is about Tedric Thompson. Keep it there please

Hyak

Reaction score
ivotuk":qsppo2c9 said:
nash72":qsppo2c9 said:
Seahawk Sailor":qsppo2c9 said:
What's the average "bouncing in the playoffs" tier in the John Schneider/Pete Carroll era compared to say, any other era of Seahawks football? Your choice. Any one you want for comparison.

Great another guy who's perfectly content to just make the playoffs because the team stunk in the 90's.

2015 10-6 lost to Panthers 2nd round 31-24 in a game in which the Panthers took their foot off the throttle in the 2nd half or they could have put up 50 on us.

2016 10-5-1 took a severe beating in the 2nd round by the Falcons 36-20.

See a pattern here? If your fine with getting booted in the 2nd round than thats cool, but i'm not. The team wont go any further in the playoffs until the lines fixed and guess what didnt get fixed this season?

Yes, the pattern is, we need to improve our DEFENSE!

Giving up 31 points! 36 points! Opposing teams passing all over the yard!

Sounds to me like we need pass rush and DBs!

Yet in other recent threads, the argument is all about how the offense is the root cause of ruining things for our elite defense. Last 4 playoff losses - Points allowed: 30, 28, 31, 36

The big difference between the 2013 team and the ones since - The defensive line. The 2013 team was legitimately 8/9 deep with quality players. I can argue that the depleted DL depth was the MAIN cause of the SB 49 loss.

Latest posts