Biggest takeaway. Schotty finally adjusted.

Smellyman

Reaction score
quick passing just butchered the Pitt D.

Oline can't protect, not creating huge holes? Get that ball out.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I agree. Halftime adjustments led to a really nice third quarter.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Good to see.
They started with it and got away from it for some reason, but went back to it just in time.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Looked like a completely different team than last week. That was promising.

If only they could get Ifedi to buy in.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Cincy blitzed a lot last week, and got through. Pisshole did the same thing but we finally started bringing in Fant.

And how about former defensive lineman Will Dissly? Heart of a Champion!!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Every time they do this, they seem to go back to the deep sets in the first drive of the very next game. Wonder if Pete can resist the temptation this time.

jeremiah

Reaction score
I would like to see them line up in the I formation, with Carson at FB and Penny behind. Why waste time? Throw in Procise once in a while to spell Penny, and let him become the great back he will be. Carson is just not the guy. He has fumblitis, once caught by a player it has a 60% chance of destroying his career. THAT would be an adjustment.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
jeremiah":1eyugz1b said:
I would like to see them line up in the I formation, with Carson at FB and Penny behind. Why waste time? Throw in Procise once in a while to spell Penny, and let him become the great back he will be. Carson is just not the guy. He has fumblitis, once caught by a player it has a 60% chance of destroying his career. THAT would be an adjustment.

There's already a "bench Carson" thread. Take this s*** there.

ivotuk

Reaction score
jeremiah":1llskuuc said:

Tiki Barber fumbled a lot early in his career. Tom Coughlin showed him a better way to carry the ball, high and tight.

I think this is just an aberration for CC. He'll be okay.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I would like to think they'd adjust faster after the first 3 or 4 sacks, and adjust to what Pittsburgh was doing. I will give credit for making the adjustment though, such a welcome sight to see!!

After all the 2.5 second pressures resulting in a sacks in the first half, finally, the 'Hawks started turning those into 7, 10 and 15 yard quick pass completions to Dissley, Vannett, Metcalf, and even Malik Turner. When we finally started burning their pattern of bringing extra rushers, that's when the game changed. Soooo nice to see!

When we had that 9 point lead and the ball, I was expecting still another nice drive. FUMBLE!!

Nevertheless, Schotty and Russell closed out the game nicely with that 5 minute offense. Very satisfying win!

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
jeremiah":m4xupqbf said:

Carson lost two fumbles all season last year. Zeke had what 5? Would you have cut Zeke?

The fumbles need to be corrected yes but I don't see it being something he can't improve. It's not like he's just dropping the ball. Marshawn would fumble sometimes too just because of his running style and desire to fight for extra yards.

iigakusei

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":38agqeyp said:
Every time they do this, they seem to go back to the deep sets in the first drive of the very next game. Wonder if Pete can resist the temptation this time.
That is the part that I will never understand and frustrates me. Why not start that way too? Russ seems to get in a rhythm as well.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":3pomebj1 said:
jeremiah":3pomebj1 said:

Carson lost two fumbles all season last year. Zeke had what 5? Would you have cut Zeke?

The fumbles need to be corrected yes but I don't see it being something he can't improve. It's not like he's just dropping the ball. Marshawn would fumble sometimes too just because of his running style and desire to fight for extra yards.

Definitely too rash if you're already asking for Carson to be benched. He's our bell cow back, who we will need the rest of the season. No reason to interject a RB controversy AND ruin Carson's psyche by benching him.

Now if it continues? Then Pete has a hard decision to make. But no reason to think they can't work out the issue in practice and film room. Carson just has to know when to stop fighting for an extra yard and when to just secure the ball.

Adjustments was awesome to see, and something we've all been asking to see for a long time.