Jeron Johnson

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Haven't seen anyone give him props yet.

Making his first start in place of Kam, Johnson played all 69 snaps, led the team in tackles, broke up a pass and denied another one, and allowed just 4.4 yards per attempt against him. Hell of a game.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
This thread deserves a bump.

I was thinking the same thing, especially when you compare him to Shead. JJ played like a mini Kam, I position (mostly) and bringing the hits.

Similar to Kam, sometimes I wish he'd wrap up instead of going for the "remember me" hit to end up bouncing off, but for a backup, he was balling out.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Jeron Johnson played like Kam Chancellor as if he was swapped into Earl Thomas's body and lost a little athelticism in the exchange.

Strong Safety depth chart:
Healthy Kam > JJ > Injured Kam > Shead

I wouldn't mind Kam taking a rotational role right now to manage his injury and allow him to be closer to full strength later in games, and just let Jeron Johnson build up his resume , seems like a guy who could bring back a 5th round comp.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
After seeing JJ in action, I kind of wish Kam had gotten that surgery three weeks ago. He needs the rest, and his body may be compensating for it, which led to another injury.

titan3131

Reaction score
I really understood why we put a 2nd rnd tender on this kid. John Schneider has us spoiled in our depth.

I want kam to stay on the bench until he is completed his recovery, not 70 80 or 95%. Kam needs to heal, we got burned a lot by his half step lost from injury.

Jj earned respect last night

chris98251

Reaction score
He probably would start on half the teams in the league right now, maybe more.

hawksman53

Reaction score
I haven't been able to watch very much College football the last couple years. Wasn't he Big 12 or SEC Defensive player of the year or something like that?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawksman53":3a26bfa6 said:
I haven't been able to watch very much College football the last couple years. Wasn't he Big 12 or SEC Defensive player of the year or something like that?

Nah, he's from Boise state.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Definitely shows why they used that 2nd round tender, he can definitely play! he was very impressive!