The amount of people giving up is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Or maybe I shouldn't be surprised. We have gained a number of new fans since last year.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I mean of course you shouldn't be surprised, this is what people do after games. They overreact, positively or negatively. It's silly of course, but it's to be expected.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1nuaj0xm said:
I mean of course you shouldn't be surprised, this is what people do after games. They overreact, positively or negatively. It's silly of course, but it's to be expected.

Its weak. When people say the 12s have not been as good as in past years they are right. Pinot sure if they have been replaced by front runner 12s or if the past 12s are just content. :2:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The loss is disappointing because it was so close to a win today. However, there are more games to play and wins can change the complexion of this season. The team is not quitting so neither am I. Win or lose, I'm a Seahawk fan first and foremost.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":9gse0ei9 said:
Its weak.

I don't like it either, but it's just my natural way of doing things to not overreact to stuff. You take a data point and you adjust your view mildly as a result. Massive spikes up and down don't make a lot of sense. Today's game went very close to what I sort of feared/expected, so not much adjustment in reaction today. Obviously disappointed to lose, but I was prepared for it. Onward and upward.

Rat

Reaction score
Congrats on being better than everyone else. This really needed it's own thread.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
mostly new fans to this site who are saying its over.

Glad they werent here for the Mora tenure.

jkitsune

Reaction score
People love to be the first to give up. Saves them the disappointment of staying hopeful and then losing it later on.

Fact of the matter is, we're one game back on the wildcard, we hold a tiebreaker over one of the current WC teams and have a chance to play the other, and though the division looks grim, we also play the 9ers with whom we're competing. Plenty of opportunities to make the playoffs.

Sure, it's not going to be easy, but that doesn't mean it won't happen.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Some people just manage their time differently than we do. For me following the Seahawks is like a main hobby. So I will gladly follow the Seahawks who go 16-0, or 0-16. Others may not value this hobby as much.

It's OK... Not everyone has to be like you.

If the Seahawks are just a secondary interest, it would make sense to stop wasting time and energy once the season starts to go south.

I'm a diehard even when it borders on idiotic. Still, I never understood the weird obsession some of you have about "real fans." What the hell does it matter?

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
minormillikin":2srp9688 said:
Some people just manage their time differently than we do. For me following the Seahawks is like a main hobby. So I will gladly follow the Seahawks who go 16-0, or 0-16. Others may not value this hobby as much.

It's OK... Not everyone has to be like you.

If the Seahawks are just a secondary interest, it would make sense to stop wasting time and energy once the season starts to go south.

I'm a diehard even when it borders on idiotic. Still, I never understood the weird obsession some of you have about "real fans." What the hell does it matter?

It really doesn't. Hell I was a new fan a while back(2004). I am just saying most of these doom and gloom posts are from newer posts on this site. s.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Gonna be a tough road but they're still amazingly just a game behind everyone except Arizona. Owns tie-breaker over GB, could theoretically win tie-breakers over Detroit and Philly. DAL probably due for an implosion. Far from over.

Honestly, I'm just looking for competitive games and will let the chips fall where they may. In the last two years, I felt so strongly that Seattle was the best team that I thought it would only be right for them to win the 'ship. Can't say I have that feeling this year -- they're good enough to win, bad enough to lose. Just going to enjoy the ride for as long as it goes. Still a fun team to watch, and one that's good enough for something special to happen if balls bounce our way.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
And here's ImTheScientist to post absolutely nothing but comments about other posters.

Largent80

Reaction score
Am I the only person that liked watching that game?

It was a slugfest, and we came up a little short in probably the 2nd toughest stadium in the NFL to win in, but I'm pretty happy with the effort today.

Abach

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2en6h0h7 said:
Or maybe I shouldn't be surprised. We have gained a number of new fans since last year.

You sir are a tool for judging everyone's overreactions (for the better or the worse). Some people (like myself) enjoy venting/reading venting posters after tough losses, because I'm not allowed to be loud and unleash my anger during games. I watch games with my wife, my dad, and my mom. My wife and mom both hate it more than anything when i freak out during games, so every time after the Seahawks lose, i am filled with pent up rage/anger from the game and use .net as an outlet. So **** you and your "Holier than thou" attitude.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
why is it if you havent been a member of this site forever that makes you a newbie bandwagon fan. i went through mora and the shit times too. joined up looking for advice on parking at the game. became a visitor after that. guess senoirity and 25000 posts makes you the ultimate righteous fan.

im a die hard fan too but the superfan attitude is almost as sickening as the troll posts. all fans have opinions and can give up on the season if they want. they may be 6 and 4 but the teams in front of them are just plain better. im just glad we gotta ring and will keep cheering till we get the next one. just not gonna happen this year!

pmedic920

Reaction score
Largent80":27an69vi said:
Am I the only person that liked watching that game?

It was a slugfest, and we came up a little short in probably the 2nd toughest stadium in the NFL to win in, but I'm pretty happy with the effort today.

No dude, you ain't the only one.

We all knew going in, this was a huge game. We knew a win would keep us right in the thick of things. And I think most of us were hoping for losses by the Cards and 9ers. I was hoping for an Eagles loss too.
Obviously at this point we know we didn't get any help by the above noted teams.
It was a good game to watch and with all the injuries we are working around, our guys stayed in the game up until the end.
This loss hurts so much in spite of the decent showing, because of the position it puts us in. Not only because we are now definitely on the outside looking in but because our weaknesses became blatantly apparent.
Sure we can still make the playoffs but the road just got a lot tougher.
The Seahawks still control their own destiny but the odds are not good at this point. We are at the point that every week, we will be looking for help.
Also we are just now getting to the meat of our schedule.
Makes me wonder what Vegas says the odds are now.
With the exception of the outcome, it was a fun game to watch.
No dude you ain't the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.