How vital is Max Unger?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/534149999823572992[/tweet]

Biggest loss of the season.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Yea, this might do it for us if we can't find a suitable replacement and soon.

Ironic, how many on this board were calling Unger out and saying he was over rated and playing poorly this year.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Six weeks at best seems to be the recovery time for this injury. If Max is to play again this season then it looks like it'll be in the play-offs. I just hope Lemuel is healthy.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1cekpzpl said:

Okay, that is the most bullshit stat ever. Go look at the play by play:

After Unger got injured we ran a total of THREE, count'em THREE rushing plays. One of those plays was 4th and 1. We got stuffed. The other two were up the middle for 2 yds.

Wayyyy too small a sample size to be making such ridiculous comparisons.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2iti5fkm said:
NFSeahawks628":2iti5fkm said:

Okay, that is the most bullshit stat ever. Go look at the play by play:

After Unger got injured we ran a total of THREE, count'em THREE rushing plays. One of those plays was 4th and 1. We got stuffed. The other two were up the middle for 2 yds.

Wayyyy too small a sample size to be making such ridiculous comparisons.

Don't argue with stats dude.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Hawks46":ehwmguji said:
Yea, this might do it for us if we can't find a suitable replacement and soon.

Ironic, how many on this board were calling Unger out and saying he was over rated and playing poorly this year.
No one....It's just that his health makes him unreliable. Max is very good but he is also the only center we have on this sorry OL roster that has any meaningful game experience. I don't have a problem with Max. I have problem wit hour FO failing to adequately account for his propensity to get injured and miss time. When you pair that with Okung's coming's and goings and the inexperience of the rest of the line it is a disaster. With out Max or Okung we have no one on that line who is qualified to make the calls. So how vital is Max Unger? I would answer that on this current roster Max's experience is irreplaceable.

Mojambo

Reaction score
It's not just the rush offense that is affected by his absence. Without Unger in there, Sweezy and Britt consistently miss assignments that totally blow up the pass protection.

Speaking of which, I know Sweezy is all pro at run blocking, but if he can't manage to at least reach a competent level of pass blocking, I'm not sure they wouldn't be better off with a lesser talented, but more balanced skill set player in there.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Unger can't stay healthy, he's talented no question, but useless to the team while spending good portions of every season in the trainer's rooms rehabbing while getting paid well. If Max had a history of staying healthy I'd say he'd be the core of a revamped OLine but Okung, Carpenter and Unger are consistently hurt more than they should be.

The team is undoubtedly better with him but as he is becoming less and less reliable perhaps consideration of the value of a replacement should be a focus. A more reliable but possibly slightly less talented player could be viewed as an upgrade.

It is very hard to become a championship team and even harder to remain one

Latest posts