OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":2i4rdsz0 said:
LTH":2i4rdsz0 said:
chris98251":2i4rdsz0 said:
LTH":2i4rdsz0 said:
There was a lot more other things involved when Holmgren left... a lot of what happened was not public

LTH

So you want to be a perennial loser as long as merchandise sells or be the Cowboys and 49ers, leveraging days of the past for marketing purposes but not making a footprint in the present.

Dude I'm not in competition with you... of course it's about winning championships as well thats Pete's goal every year... take what you want from what I have to say...I don't know everything... i don't claim to know everything I just say it the way I see it...

I think what I'm saying about Holmgren is there is a huge difference in the way the two coaches cultivate relationships,,, If You listen to the two coaches talk it's very apparent.. I guarantee you Carroll has a great relationship with Jody Allen. Holmgren's relationship with PA NOT as good...and thats all I'm going to say about that...

LTH

Thats BS the relationship with Holmgren and Allen was good until the Hutch situation with Ruskell.

And that's based off of what? your superior knowledge of Mike Holmgren?

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":1hn80i5h said:
chris98251":1hn80i5h said:
LTH":1hn80i5h said:
chris98251":1hn80i5h said:
So you want to be a perennial loser as long as merchandise sells or be the Cowboys and 49ers, leveraging days of the past for marketing purposes but not making a footprint in the present.

Dude I'm not in competition with you... of course it's about winning championships as well thats Pete's goal every year... take what you want from what I have to say...I don't know everything... i don't claim to know everything I just say it the way I see it...

I think what I'm saying about Holmgren is there is a huge difference in the way the two coaches cultivate relationships,,, If You listen to the two coaches talk it's very apparent.. I guarantee you Carroll has a great relationship with Jody Allen. Holmgren's relationship with PA NOT as good...and thats all I'm going to say about that...

LTH

Thats BS the relationship with Holmgren and Allen was good until the Hutch situation with Ruskell.

And that's based off of what? your superior knowledge of Mike Holmgren?

Based on interviews with Holmgren, Ruskell, and others over the years that were there and described the disfunction after Ruskell came on board.

Maybe you were not paying attention, maybe you are in denial, maybe you have rose colored glasses on and still do. But shit was really screwed up when Ruskell wanted the limelight on him and was doing everything he could to undermine Holmgren.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
None of those interviews had anything to do with Paul Allen... Paul Allen didn't publicly speak about his relationship with Holmgren that I know of.. Post a source...

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
"I can honestly say this," said Holmgren. "I was fortunate enough to work for the best owner in the National Football League.

"He would ask questions," said Holmgren. "He would demand answers. But then at the end of the day, at the end of the conversation. 'What do you need? What do you need from me?' And you can't ask for anything more than that."

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/mi...-the-best-owner-i-ever-worked-for-/853798023/

This breaks down the reason he left, it was not Allen and Holmgren issue it was a matter of indecision and Cleveland being more aggressive while Seattle and Leiweke were waffling on control issues.

https://www.espn.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/11351/why-seahawks-holmgren-could-not-agree

Now stop trying to re write history.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":6mqi28fx said:
"I can honestly say this," said Holmgren. "I was fortunate enough to work for the best owner in the National Football League.

"He would ask questions," said Holmgren. "He would demand answers. But then at the end of the day, at the end of the conversation. 'What do you need? What do you need from me?' And you can't ask for anything more than that."

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/mi...-the-best-owner-i-ever-worked-for-/853798023/

This breaks down the reason he left, it was not Allen and Holmgren issue it was a matter of indecision and Cleveland being more aggressive while Seattle and Leiweke were waffling on control issues.

https://www.espn.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/11351/why-seahawks-holmgren-could-not-agree

Those articles have nothing to do with How PA felt about Mike Holmgren. That was at a period of time that Holmgren wanted to come back to Seattle so yeah he is going to kiss PA butt... and Yeah control issues was a part in it as well as other things that were not public.

So yeah I'm not rewriting history and i never said that Holmgren didn't like PA... what I said was Holmgren didn't have as good a relationship with PA as Carroll has with Jody Allen.

I can't tell you where I got my information from so I'm not going to present it...

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":3p8g73a7 said:
chris98251":3p8g73a7 said:

Those articles have nothing to do with How PA felt about Mike Holmgren. That was at a period of time that Holmgren wanted to come back to Seattle so yeah he is going to kiss PA butt... and Yeah control issues was a part in it as well as other things that were not public.

So yeah I'm not rewriting history and i never said that Holmgren didn't like PA... what I said was Holmgren didn't have as good a relationship with PA as Carroll has with Jody Allen.

I can't tell you where I got my information from so I'm not going to present it...

LTH

You want links but then throw out I won't tell you bullshit, you're not asking for a playing field that's equal you don't like what was written because it doesn't fit your narrative so now it's I have other knowledge, but I won't present it as a fact like you ask others to do.

So there is no point in continuing any conversation with you since you have all intrusive knowledge that you argue but won't support with practical information like you ask others for.

This is as credible is John63 and his sideline information sources BS.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":1xhyknig said:

LTH

How convenient.

toffee

Reaction score
By Pete's own admission, he and Jody seldom interact, Pete communicates with Jody via John Schneider. John talks to Jody very frequently, and apparently have a good relationship. Looking from the outside, Pete always seems to be a personable dude, wondering why he choose to take a distant approach when it comes to Jody. Almost sounded like Jody have to make appointment and wait to see Pete.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
toffee":wne5hdvk said:
By Pete's own admission, he and Jody seldom interact, Pete communicates with Jody via John Schneider. John talks to Jody very frequently, and apparently have a good relationship. Looking from the outside, Pete always seems to be a personable dude, wondering why he choose to take a distant approach when it comes to Jody. Almost sounded like Jody have to make appointment and wait to see Pete.
It's nothing more than an arrangement of convenience during the season. Better to keep a coach focused on coaching. There's plenty of time in the offseason to meet and John is a natural go between. Probably closer to a normal owner, coach, GM structure

toffee

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":10bux1lz said:
toffee":10bux1lz said:
It's nothing more than an arrangement of convenience during the season. Better to keep a coach focused on coaching. There's plenty of time in the offseason to meet and John is a natural go between. Probably closer to a normal owner, coach, GM structure

Perhaps, but Pete wears two hats, he is also the VP of football operation? Under that hat, talking to the ownership should be in the description. I wonder if John was the one that talked to Paul or was it Pete.

kf3339

Reaction score
The only relationship I want to see is new ownership who will clean house. This whole situation with PC, JS and JA is a mess. Get an owner who truly gives a damn.

Also, never give a HC full control as was given to PC. That was a stupid decision. Have true checks and balances to prevent this from happening again.

This team is a mess and no current management is changing that dynamic.

Jville

Reaction score
toffee":2mxpi8p0 said:

What admission? You got some kind of personal inquisition going on?

Throw all the shade ya want on others. Infer and slant what you will. Just know that the actual audio & video interviews and transcripts speak for themselves and is available to the rest of us .................

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeDugar/status/1475611006608936962[/tweet]

.................. what I found interesting is the impression that Seahawks ownership maintains a comfortable distance from direct participation in league business. A policy that apparently started with Paul Allen's withdraw from direct involvement in league committees in the aftermath of a stolen SuperBowl outcome during the Holmgren era.

It's good and honorable to have an owner decline direct involvement with the Competition Committee. A committee whose decades of effects on the game have disappointed many fans ...... to put it mildly.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
QuahHawk":gcyhtyr3 said:
Wonder if this means John Schneider is on the outs
Just curious Quah, what makes you think that Pete & John aren't on the same wave? :Dunno:

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":17tkfobn said:
LTH":17tkfobn said:
chris98251":17tkfobn said:

LTH

You want links but then throw out I won't tell you $h!t, you're not asking for a playing field that's equal you don't like what was written because it doesn't fit your narrative so now it's I have other knowledge, but I won't present it as a fact like you ask others to do.

So there is no point in continuing any conversation with you since you have all intrusive knowledge that you argue but won't support with practical information like you ask others for.

You act if I'm like wanting to have a conversation with you in the first place... you're the one who attacked me... It's not like i was coming to you wanting your opinion... I made the statement that Carroll had a better relationship with Jody Allen than Holmgren had with Paul Allen, I also said there were other things going on that were not made public... these are true statements but you're just going to have to wait and watch it play out...

No, what I don't like is your abrasive attitude towards me. it's like you follow me around and attack everything I say on multiple threads... fine don't believe anything I say I could care less. If you were nice about it, i would be more inclined to tell you what I know and then you could make up your own mind what you believe...but NO, you seem hell bent on letting me know that I'm full of shit.... So why would I want to engage in that? I don't So your out of luck PAL...

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Jville":2hegyah8 said:
toffee":2hegyah8 said:

What admission? You got some kind of personal inquisition going on?

Throw all the shade ya want on others. Infer and slant what you will. Just know that the actual audio & video interviews and transcripts speak for themselves and is available to the rest of us .................

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeDugar/status/1475611006608936962[/tweet]

.................. what I found interesting is the impression that Seahawks ownership maintains a comfortable distance from direct participation in league business. A policy that apparently started with Paul Allen's withdraw from direct involvement in league committees in the aftermath of a stolen SuperBowl outcome during the Holmgren era.

It's good and honorable to have an owner decline direct involvement with the Competition Committee. A committee whose decades of effects on the game have disappointed many fans ...... to put it mildly.

I find that to be very interesting that JA as well as PA were and are not involved with the competition committee because of what happened at the SB vs Pittsburg. That right there is reason to suspect there is tension between Seahawk ownership and the NFL.

This needs to be investigated by this board. just for the reason of all the poor calls against the Hawks. there could be a sleeping giant there...

LTH

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
LTH":q9clxsid said:
It would make little since from a management perspective to sign a coach to a contract they signed him to and then bail on it after 1 losing season it would be VERY reactionary and would not show ANY confidence in the decision to sign them in the first place. It would make them look incompetent to fire Pete after one year into the new contract. So, I see at least one more year with Carroll and depending on what happens next year they will have to make that decision.

LTH

This would be a grave mistake from a management perspective. If you re-signed on contract for someone that you thought was doing the job only to fire him after a year when his previous portfolio was pretty darn good, the next person filling them shoes will lack the confidence in the management that was shown to them by the firing. Rotating Coaches are not a thing of the future in my humble opinion. Although the personnel on some of the other teams fits the scheme the new coach is around, it still does not bode well.

The bottom line is seats in seats...and new untried coaching may work...or may not. But from the business perspective....I have seen enough to know not to expect too much as has been expressed on this thread.

Appreciate your insight LTH. Keep going.

Fan80

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":s8zudwd4 said:
LTH":s8zudwd4 said:
It would make little since from a management perspective to sign a coach to a contract they signed him to and then bail on it after 1 losing season it would be VERY reactionary and would not show ANY confidence in the decision to sign them in the first place. It would make them look incompetent to fire Pete after one year into the new contract. So, I see at least one more year with Carroll and depending on what happens next year they will have to make that decision.

LTH

This would be a grave mistake from a management perspective. If you re-signed on contract for someone that you thought was doing the job only to fire him after a year when his previous portfolio was pretty darn good, the next person filling them shoes will lack the confidence in the management that was shown to them by the firing. Rotating Coaches are not a thing of the future in my humble opinion. Although the personnel on some of the other teams fits the scheme the new coach is around, it still does not bode well.

The bottom line is seats in seats...and new untried coaching may work...or may not. But from the business perspective....I have seen enough to know not to expect too much as has been expressed on this thread.

Appreciate your insight LTH. Keep going.

Fan80
“Rotating Coaches are not a thing of the future in my humble opinion.”

In terms of the NFL, rotating coaches is and will always happen.

No franchise wants to move in direction of something that isn’t working no matter if it has worked previously.

If you live in the past in the NFL, you will not win in the present.

Nobody gets paid for work they did in the past.

People get paid for the work they are expected to do.

And if work is not up to standards you can believe someone else will do it.

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":31h3gcqe said:
chris98251":31h3gcqe said:
LTH":31h3gcqe said:
chris98251":31h3gcqe said:

LTH

You want links but then throw out I won't tell you $h!t, you're not asking for a playing field that's equal you don't like what was written because it doesn't fit your narrative so now it's I have other knowledge, but I won't present it as a fact like you ask others to do.

You act if I'm like wanting to have a conversation with you in the first place... you're the one who attacked me... It's not like i was coming to you wanting your opinion... I made the statement that Carroll had a better relationship with Jody Allen than Holmgren had with Paul Allen, I also said there were other things going on that were not made public... these are true statements but you're just going to have to wait and watch it play out...

No, what I don't like is your abrasive attitude towards me. it's like you follow me around and attack everything I say on multiple threads... fine don't believe anything I say I could care less. If you were nice about it, i would be more inclined to tell you what I know and then you could make up your own mind what you believe...but NO, you seem hell bent on letting me know that I'm full of shit.... So why would I want to engage in that? I don't So your out of luck PAL...

LTH

You don't want to engage with someone who challenges your Rose-Colored opinion, you ask for links to support others and when provided you go clam shell because your spouting bullshit, then you claim because others won't kiss your ivory ass you don't want to play, screw you, your empty uninformed posts and false allegations.

False because if you can't put up a source then shut the F up like we tell everyone else that does this crap, you're in the same vein as Traumahawk, Siouxhawk, John63, blindly posting information with no back up or saying I have inside knowledge but won't divulge it. Then come out with wait and see etc, we are still waiting for the Carson Palmer signing...............

Oh and you don't have to like the posting style, and I am not following you around, you're not that relevant, I do read every thread and you post a lot of BS, so thus get called out on it. Don't like it then don't post the BS.

Oh and don't flatter yourself, you are not the first person I have challenged for their empty information and probably won't be the last.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
lol what ever... you can kiss my ass fruit cake boy!!

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":2czmhett said:
lol what ever... you can kiss my ass fruit cake boy!!

Is that a Homophobic slur?

You know that's against the rules.

But you would never say that to my face, I guarantee it.