Carroll on his relationship with Jody Allen

LTH

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1475605981941813248[/tweet]

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3setdaby said:
Wonder if this means John Schneider is on the outs

Which would mean...that we'd be stuck with Pete putting his say into whomever the new GM is.

Reminds me a lot of when Martha Ford kept extending Patricia, but WORSE if Pete has any hand in picking the GM. The GM needs to be someone that Pete is not friends with, and just a boss. Pete can't function in a system like that, which is why no one wants his services.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1fmqqwwg said:
Wenhawk":1fmqqwwg said:
Wonder if this means John Schneider is on the outs

Which would mean...that we'd be stuck with Pete putting his say into whomever the new GM is.

Reminds me a lot of when Martha Ford kept extending Patricia.
If we go with a new GM, I want Pete's authority as VP stripped. I don't want him to have final say over player acquisition anymore. I think the blunder of a trade made for Adams was enough to warrant that. The new GM should be someone independent of Pete, completely devoid of his influence.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Yeah of course she wants to win with Russ she just signed him to a huge deal not too long ago but for Wilson to stay he needs to start playing like the Wilson of his fuhking rookie year folks. Wilson needs a great supporting cast to succeed. Let's agree to that at least.

toffee

Reaction score
Jody should hangout more on .net, she will be educated by learned 12s here how Pete has been destroying Russ, and why Pete's a must fire.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
toffee":15u0pl1i said:
Jody should hangout more on .net, she will be educated by learned 12s here how Pete has been destroying Russ, and why Pete's a must fire.
I mean, we aren't wrong -- Pete should go. A single playoff win in five years despite having one of the most stable QB positions in the NFL is pretty horrendous. That win was against a Luke McCown led Eagles. Before that our last win was in 2016 against the Lions.

In addition to this we now have missed the playoffs in two of our last four years. This team is on a downward trajectory, it's just that some haven't realized it yet. It's going to continue to go this way as long as Pete is here. I respect what the man has done for this team, but he's lost his way. The team is slowly slipping into bottom dweller status. Even in the 12 win season there were many signs that this team wasn't as good as the record said.

The NFL's common moniker is the "not for long league". Carroll had an incredible run, but I don't see any benefit to keeping him any longer. He's a depreciating asset at this point in time. We've been on a slow decline for awhile, we're just all seeing it come home to roost.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I think you are wrong.

I have made this point about drafting and where the Seahawks are drafting for the past 10 years... Why would anybody think the Seahawks should remain competitive when 25-27 teams in the NFL have the chance to draft better players than the Hawks for 10 years?

LTH

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
LTH":27dp1dap said:
I think you are wrong.

I have made this point about drafting and where the Seahawks are drafting for the past 10 years... Why would anybody think the Seahawks should remain competitive when 25-27 teams in the NFL have the chance to draft better players than the Hawks for 10 years?

LTH
You can think i'm wrong all you're want, but that doesn't change the reality of the situation. You're just living in denial at this point. The Seahawks have been on a downward trajectory for quite some time. Some of it is due to drafting, poor trades, and bad free agency signings, but the other part of the equation is really poor coaching, especially in situational football.

When I mention the playoff losses, we've lost most of them in the same exact way. Slow start, conservative defense and offense, team gets big lead, we have to bail ourselves out at the 11 hour. How long are we going to play this dance and game?

Carroll is done in the NFL. He's never going to lead the Seahawks anywhere. We've made misstep after misstep under his guide the last few years. Picking late does not excuse some of the decisions the Seahawks have made. In addition to this, several times we've had all-pro/probowl players waiting at our original picks. Just hit on one of those players and we change the roster quite substantially. Also, our trades have been dismal, from Jimmy Graham, Harvin and Jamal Adams all were really bad decisions, Jamal Adams in particular is going to be quite costly and it should prompt Jody Allen to take away Carroll's GM powers.

The Seahawks have achieved all they're ever going to achieve under Pete Carroll, the Seahawks aren't going anywhere with him at the helm. This poor season didn't come out of nowhere, it's been in the making for a long time now.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2oyyxy4l said:
LTH":2oyyxy4l said:
I think you are wrong.

LTH
You can think i'm wrong all you're want, but that doesn't change the reality of the situation. You're just living in denial at this point. The Seahawks have been on a downward trajectory for quite some time. Some of it is due to drafting, poor trades, and bad free agency signings, but the other part of the equation is really poor coaching, especially in situational football.

When I mention the playoff losses, we've lost most of them in the same exact way. Slow start, conservative defense and offense, team gets big lead, we have to bail ourselves out at the 11 hour. How long are we going to play this dance and game?

Carroll is done in the NFL. He's never going to lead the Seahawks anywhere. We've made misstep after misstep under his guide the last few years. Picking late does not excuse some of the decisions the Seahawks have made. In addition to this, several times we've had all-pro/probowl players waiting at our original picks. Just hit on one of those players and we change the roster quite substantially. Also, our trades have been dismal, from Jimmy Graham, Harvin and Jamal Adams all were really bad decisions, Jamal Adams in particular is going to be quite costly and it should prompt Jody Allen to take away Carroll's GM powers.

The Seahawks have achieved all they're ever going to achieve under Pete Carroll, the Seahawks aren't going anywhere with him at the helm. This poor season didn't come out of nowhere, it's been in the making for a long time now.

You didn't address the fact that the Hawks draft lower than most teams in the NFL for 10 years or better. How is it they are supposed to stay competitive? They do stay competitive because Carroll is REALLY good at developing players. some are our draft picks, some come from trades, and some come from FA. yes, Carroll and John Schneider have made some mistakes along the way just like Bill Belichick has.

Am I in denial?

I don't know what's going to happen in the future as I am not smart enough to know that. But I can tell from the past that the Seahawks are a well-coached ball club and Pete Carroll has the respect of his peer's way more than his fan base...to me that says something.
You can list the mistakes and second guess the football decisions all you want it's really easy to do from where you sit but at the same time you have to look at his success as well like Diggs, Dunlap,Dk Metcalf, Lockett, Brooks , Taylor, al woods, and JA who has made a significant impact on this team...

LTH

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
LTH":34iijyz2 said:
Spin Doctor":34iijyz2 said:
LTH":34iijyz2 said:
I think you are wrong.

LTH

You didn't address the fact that the Hawks draft lower than most teams in the NFL for 10 years or better. How is it they are supposed to stay competitive? They do stay competitive because Carroll is REALLY good at developing players. some are our draft picks, some come from trades, and some come from FA. yes, Carroll and John Schneider have made some mistakes along the way just like Bill Belichick has.

Am I in denial?

I don't know what's going to happen in the future as I am not smart enough to know that. But I can tell from the past that the Seahawks are a well-coached ball club and Pete Carroll has the respect of his peer's way more than his fan base...to me that says something.
You can list the mistakes and second guess the football decisions all you want it's really easy to do from where you sit but at the same time you have to look at his success as well like Diggs, Dunlap,Dk Metcalf, Lockett, Brooks , Taylor, al woods, and JA who has made a significant impact on this team...

LTH

There has been teams that have drafted in the later picks but put together a better team than Seattle, year after year.

At some point, if you can’t find players to fit your system, you should change your system.

Seattle isn’t the only team that has picked in the 20s. You can’t continually use that has an excuse if you feel so confident in your system. These picks haven’t worked. It makes whoever is choosing the players less credible year after year. And to throw additional salt on the wound, they trade their first rounders when they get the chance. Pretty much showcases their own confidence in picking a player. It really is a never ending vicious cycle made up of catch 22s cause when they trade picks for a player they will have to pay that player and then they get into salary cap hell and the player doesn’t work out.

I can go on and on about Seattle’s terrible decisions. But a majority of posters here already are aware of them and are just as upset.

chris98251

Reaction score
Drafting lower, cost more and salary, you still have almost a 50 percent wash out, trading down gives you more picks, top 5 or maybe ten picks if they have their head on straight are difference makers if they are not a QB, QB,s fail more they succeed.

Patriots, Saints, Us, and Historically the Redskins back in the George Allen days succeeded by trading back, away draft picks because they could sign good Free Agents and trusted their evaluations over guys like Mel Kiper and the like.

So low draft picks is a cop out and lousy excuse, Sherman, Wags, Kam, Carson, Kearse, Baldwin, Metcalf, Lockett, and Wilson were not top ten draft picks and that's just a quick list.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
LTH":2pt5gis7 said:
Spin Doctor":2pt5gis7 said:
LTH":2pt5gis7 said:
I think you are wrong.

LTH

Am I in denial?

LTH
Yes, you are in denial. Carroll has lost his edge, and the Seahawks have most definitely not been a well coached club. Once again, we've now missed the playoffs in 2 of the last 4 years. Seattle has won a single playoff game in the last 5 years against a 40+ year old Luke McCown. Now, Seattle is going to put up its worst record underneath Pete Carroll. The game against the Bears was a prime example of poor coaching and what is keeping Carroll led teams from advancing in the playoffs. Now that Wilson isn't pulling out 4th quarter comebacks out of thin air, Carroll's deficiencies are in full view.

Are you considering Jamal Adams trade a net positive for the Seahawks since you're listing him as players with a "significant impact"? That doesn't exactly bolster your argument. Seattle gave up significant draft capital, including to be what looks like a top 10 pick for an inbox safety. Think about that for a moment, we traded franchise QB capital for a strong safety. While on the Seahawks he's looked absolutely awful in coverage. He's had a few good games, but he's also been a liability more times than not. Sure, he's going to have an impact on the Seahawks, but not in the way you're thinking. His record setting deal and picks given up are going to hamper this team going forward.

Carroll has lead this team right to the cellar and some of the reasons were on full display during the Bears game. You're definitely in full denial. I'm quite confident that time will prove me correct in my assertions here.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":d33u6gcu said:
LTH":d33u6gcu said:
Spin Doctor":d33u6gcu said:
LTH":d33u6gcu said:
I think you are wrong.

LTH

Am I in denial?

LTH
Yes, you are in denial. Carroll has lost his edge, and the Seahawks have most definitely not been a well coached club. Once again, we've now missed the playoffs in 2 of the last 4 years. Seattle has won a single playoff game in the last 5 years against a 40+ year old Luke McCown. Now, Seattle is going to put up its worst record underneath Pete Carroll. The game against the Bears was a prime example of poor coaching and what is keeping Carroll led teams from advancing in the playoffs. Now that Wilson isn't pulling out 4th quarter comebacks out of thin air, Carroll's deficiencies are in full view.

Are you considering Jamal Adams trade a net positive for the Seahawks since you're listing him as players with a "significant impact"? That doesn't exactly bolster your argument. Seattle gave up significant draft capital, including to be what looks like a top 10 pick for an inbox safety. Think about that for a moment, we traded franchise QB capital for a strong safety. While on the Seahawks he's looked absolutely awful in coverage. He's had a few good games, but he's also been a liability more times than not. Sure, he's going to have an impact on the Seahawks, but not in the way you're thinking. His record setting deal and picks given up are going to hamper this team going forward.

Carroll has lead this team right to the cellar and some of the reasons were on full display during the Bears game. You're definitely in full denial. I'm quite confident that time will prove me correct in my assertions here.

Again, you did not address my point... The question is if it is reasonable to think that the Seahawks should remain competitive drafting where they have drafted for the last 10 years?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":l5apn0j9 said:

Am I in denial?

LTH

1. Belichick has won six SB's, I assume that gives him FAR more leniency than any other coach in the league by a mile when it comes to having a bad season or ownership thinking they might need to make a coaching change.

2. Even after winning six SB's, Belichick has given up some of his draft influence and power because he's realized he hasn't had the best track record of late.

So even the greatest coach in the history of the NFL has enough self awareness to change. Can you even give me one example of Pete doing that?

Cause I can't think of one. He just keeps saying and doing the same things, and as far as I know hasn't given up any of the controls we and other football people think he's deficient at.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2cdxv59c said:
You're definitely in full denial. I'm quite confident that time will prove me correct in my assertions here.
Is this a discussion forum or a place where blowhards attempt to forestall discussion by talking about how superior their opinions are?

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ofeqg79 said:
LTH":2ofeqg79 said:

Am I in denial?

LTH

1. Belichick has won six SB's, I assume that gives him FAR more leniency than any other coach in the league by a mile when it comes to having a bad season or ownership thinking they might need to make a coaching change.

2. Even after winning six SB's, Belichick has given up some of his draft influence and power because he's realized he hasn't had the best track record of late.

So even the greatest coach in the history of the NFL has enough self awareness to change. Can you even give me one example of Pete doing that?

Cause I can't think of one. He just keeps saying and doing the same things, and as far as I know hasn't given up any of the controls we and other football people think he's deficient at.

Well.. first of all I appreciate your point.

secondly we really don't know how much Pete is and how much is JS. So anything I would say would be an assumption on my part.

But yes I can give you an example of how Pete gives up power...

Just in The Walderon hiring.... This to me is an example of Pete seeing that his O needs to be more initiative and up dated.

LTH

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":6gojjebe said:
Just in The Walderon hiring.... This to me is an example of Pete seeing that his O needs to be more initiative and up dated.

LTH

Has the offense looked different?

Get all the new coordinators you want, but if he doesn't relinquish control over how he wants the offense ran and he doesn't allow the new coordinator the autonomy to run the offense, then no sorry this doesn't count.

And other than the first game against the Colts where we saw some new wrinkles? All we've seen since is a regression back to Pete Ball. Just as we did with Bevell and Schotty.

See a pattern?

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeDugar/status/1475611006608936962[/tweet]