How come in baseball you can "adjust" yourself at the plate

tom sawyer

Reaction score
But Lynch get fines?

I've seen countless batters grab at "themselves". It's not concidered "obscene.

Yes I know this is a tongue in cheek argument.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Just like with the Clay Matthews hit on Russell, it all comes down to intent. Yes, you can find other helmet-to-helmet hits and you can find other professional athletes touching their crotch during games, but the question is *why*. Intent is the difference between manslaughter and murder. Accidental/incidental versus deliberate.

kidhawk

Reaction score
tom sawyer":2abbfwgp said:
But Lynch get fines?

I've seen countless batters grab at "themselves". It's not concidered "obscene.

Yes I know this is a tongue in cheek argument.

I for one am glad that the NFL would NEVER promote crotch grabbing as something it's audience should view

[youtube]Qmwve14BKQI[/youtube]

:sarcasm_off:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
What about women tennis players grunting all the time?.......disgusting.........and what about neighbor's who complain about the volume being all the way up while I watch the matches? What's up with those people?

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Maybe he was shifting "it" so he more comfy when he entered the zone?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":3514c0ei said:
Just like with the Clay Matthews hit on Russell, it all comes down to intent. Yes, you can find other helmet-to-helmet hits and you can find other professional athletes touching their crotch during games, but the question is *why*. Intent is the difference between manslaughter and murder. Accidental/incidental versus deliberate.
Not buying this explanation.
When some guy is standing at the home plate IN A STADIUM, that is most times being Televised, and watched by millions, and is NONCHELANTLY fondling his privates ON a sports field, is NO LESS obscene....PERIOD!
What's good for giving a fine for one, should be good for giving a fine for ALL, no intent, NO EXCUSES.

Msfann

Reaction score
I like the crotch grab and don't care if he does it but to me it's clearly taunting and he's been lucky to get away with it as much as he has.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Selig, while dumb as a post is still smarter than good ole Rog.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
There's a difference to when you're doing it the batter's box compared to doing it during your HR trot. Nobody would say a word if Lynch did it before getting set before a play.

Latest posts