Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Extension

Votes: 97 75.8%
  • Playing Final Year on Contract

Votes: 20 15.6%

• Total voters

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I believe Marshawn Lynch is signed through 2015, what do you see happening.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
John and Pete know that Marshawn is the straw that stirs the drink. That and the fact that Turbo and CMike are just "change of pace" backs.

Seahawk

Reaction score
Lynch plays out the final year of his contract because: "I ain't gonna sign with no team that has Bevell as the OC".

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Trade him to Oakland and with the money saved go after AP and Fitz or Marshall.

byau

Reaction score
A lot of analysts and people use Marshawn to point to Wilson being overrated: that Wilson could not do what he does without the threat of Beast in the backfield.

Not sure anyone has realized the opposite is true: the threat of Wilson also makes Beast a better RB

The two of them together boost each other's level of threat.

And Beast looks like he has two good years left in him. Plus I want to see him stay, I don't think he will stay unless he gets extended. And plus I'm sure he will appreciate the gesture.

And mostly: Beast Mode is the tone-setter for the offense. The team as a whole has the hammer-down-lay-the-smack-on-you set by the defense, Marshawn carries that on the offense. Like when everyone gets up for when Kam makes a play on D, same is true for Marshawn on O

Extend him and pay him.

Tical21

Reaction score
I think the chances he plays another down for us after what we just did to him are pretty slim. He'll holdout and demand a trade.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I voted for what I'd like to happen, let him retire a Seahawk.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
He wants to play for Oakland. He gave Bevell the finger two years ago for not giving him the ball at the goal line. Imagine how he feels right now. He was laughing as he walked away from that INT as if to say "Stupid is as Stupid does". In the locker room players are saying it was a business decision to give Russell the shot at the glory. Just F'ing win. Don't worry about glory. Give the stupid ball to Lynch.

He's gone. If he stays, I'll be ecstatic. But he'll be playing out this season most likely and Seattle will try to get something for him in a trade.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I like Lynch but we need to improve our wr position and if we pay Lynch 9+ million we won't be able to bring anyone in. AP with Wilson and real recieving corp would probably be an ipgrade over Lynch and at a 3rd the price. That leaves us cap to go after a Marshall or posdibly Fitz type receiver.

If Lynch is ok with playing next year at the 5 mill do I would be all for it but I don't believe that will happen. Be proactive.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I hope it's his last year but sadly they are going to be stupid and extend him. Besides after that stupidity that happened in the Superbowl why the heck should he ever want to play for them or Bevell again. It's flat obvious Bevell hates Lynch and the feeling is mutual. Since they refuse to do the smart thing and fire Bevell and dump him in the ocean the next best thing is to let Lynch play out his contract and try to trade him for a bucket of balls or something.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2j22934f said:
I hope it's his last year but sadly they are going to be stupid and extend him. Besides after that stupidity that happened in the Superbowl why the heck should he ever want to play for them or Bevell again. It's flat obvious Bevell hates Lynch and the feeling is mutual. Since they refuse to do the smart thing and fire Bevell and dump him in the ocean the next best thing is to let Lynch play out his contract and try to trade him for a bucket of balls or something.

WOW Mizzou...your post is quite remarkable for a gal who has been pretty mild in her criticism of Bevell.

Playmaker21

Reaction score
If this was Major League Baseball, which has no salary cap, you bring him back. Hell sign him to a 1 or 2 year extension.

But this is the NFL. A salary cap league that makes you make tough decisions. Ask the Rams about giving an extension to Marshall Faulk after 2003. He played 1 more season, was injured in 2005, and the Rams payed for him for two or three seasons after he was done. You don't pay players in the NFL for what they have done. You pay them for what they can still do. Marshawn battled concerning injuries in 2014. He has a ton of touches on his 29 year old body and is walking that razor thin line of being able to play through those injuries and not being able to play through them.

I will once again say I have the utmost love and respect for Marshawn Lynch for what he has done for the Seattle Seahawks. I told my friends going into the 2007 NFL Draft I would rather draft Marshawn Lynch than Adrian Peterson. That is how much I think of him as a player. But you have to let a player go a year early than a year late.

I hate, Hate, HATE the New England Patriots. But they do this better than any other team. They got a first round pick out of trading Richard Seymour when Seymour was still a Pro Bowl player coming off an 8 sack season. He goes on to have 1 good season with the Raiders and the Patriots never missed a beat.

I hate to say Running Backs have become a dime a dozen. But every year RB's come out of the Undrafted Free Agent ranks, the later and middle rounds, to have good runs as a starter. Christine Michael and Robert Turbin are not even close to being on Lynch's level. But if you can get a RB in the 1st or 2nd round in 2015 that might be a slight step down from Lynch, and then take the money they save by letting Lynch go to get one of these outstanding free agent WR's (Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant, Randall Cobb, Jeremy Maclin, possibly Brandon Marshall, or to a lesser extent Torrey Smith) or TE (Julius Thomas or Jordan Cameron) It is wiser to invest money in younger players who you pay for what they can do, not what they have done.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2xambnm9 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2xambnm9 said:

WOW Mizzou...your post is quite remarkable for a gal who has been pretty mild in her criticism of Bevell.

I agree. Won't say anything more.

firebee

Reaction score
raisethe3":31lbo3zo said:
Bigpumpkin":31lbo3zo said:
MizzouHawkGal":31lbo3zo said:

I agree. Won't say anything more.

I just get on here to check and see if Bevell's been fired yet. Then I end up commenting on a bunch of posts.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":316c34mz said:
He wants to play for Oakland. He gave Bevell the finger two years ago for not giving him the ball at the goal line. Imagine how he feels right now. He was laughing as he walked away from that INT as if to say "Stupid is as Stupid does". In the locker room players are saying it was a business decision to give Russell the shot at the glory. Just F'ing win. Don't worry about glory. Give the stupid ball to Lynch.

He's gone. If he stays, I'll be ecstatic. But he'll be playing out this season most likely and Seattle will try to get something for him in a trade.
Keep Beastmode, ditch Leastmode (Bevell).

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I'd love to see ML here for 2 more years, draft a prospect or two in that time to learn the system, and let Marshawn retire a 3-time SB champion.

jacobsod

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":28sy0oyx said:
SalishHawkFan":28sy0oyx said:

Keep Beastmode, ditch Leastmode (Bevell).

Yup. Gawd I hope he stays, though. I don't see an extension happening, but I hope he finishes his contract.