Lynch offered 20 mill

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CHawk_Talk/status/569228192352903168[/tweet]

TAB420

Reaction score
That's three mil more this year, and 10 mil more next year. I can't see the Beast passing up an extra 13 mil.

crosfam

Reaction score
I still think if he ran it in from the one for a touchdown and SB MVP, he would be walking away right now.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
The front office really has no idea what Lynch is thinking right now, which is why I believe stories like this one are leaking. Carroll and Schneider have both volunteered information that they have made big time offers to Lynch and have an end date for a response. They obviously want us to know that they are doing everything they can to get Lynch to return.

I think Lynch wants to return but is mentally separated from football right now. If he could have it his way, I bet he would prolong it long enough to sit out the first week or two of camp -- just like last year.

Fuddhawk

Reaction score
Great, 20 million so Lynch can go in motion as a "decoy" and Wilson can throw a pass to Lockette and lose a Super Bowl. Ha,ha,ha.....

cacksman

Reaction score
hawknation2015":cz83bsmg said:
The front office really has no idea what Lynch is thinking right now, which is why I believe stories like this one are leaking. Carroll and Schneider have both volunteered information that they have made big time offers to Lynch and have an end date for a response. They obviously want us to know that they are doing everything they can to get Lynch to return.

I think Lynch wants to return but is mentally separated from football right now. If he could have it his way, I bet he would prolong it long enough to sit out the first week or two of camp -- just like last year.

I agreed with everything you said up until you said he would rather prolong his hold out long enough to sit out the first week of camp. The organization has done everything in it's power to accommodate Shawn in ways they don't for others. If it was that important for him to miss, then I bet it could be accommodated. I don't think he would want to hold out from camp unless it was a negotiation tactic like last year.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
cacksman":tgop2sgl said:
hawknation2015":tgop2sgl said:

I agreed with everything you said up until you said he would rather prolong his hold out long enough to sit out the first week of camp. The organization has done everything in it's power to accommodate Shawn in ways they don't for others. If it was that important for him to miss, then I bet it could be accommodated. I don't think he would want to hold out from camp unless it was a negotiation tactic like last year.

That's what I question: whether sitting out the first week of camp was actually a negotiation tactic or whether it was done intentionally because he wanted an excuse not to be there.

In the end, he returned after he had sufficient time to condition on his own and accepted the exact same terms that Schneider had laid on the table months before.

Schneider has made it clear that he is dead set on avoiding the prolonged holdout that occurred last year with his mention of an offer end date. I am not convinced Lynch is as amenable to that . . . it might just be one of the essential elements that is holding up his acceptance of this otherwise beneficial deal.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
hawknation2015":19xhsjv1 said:
If he could have it his way, I bet he would prolong it long enough to sit out the first week or two of camp -- just like last year.

You can rest assured that Marshawn will be given a "soft" Training Camp schedule.

Hawks46

Reaction score
cacksman":7l6x0rjr said:
hawknation2015":7l6x0rjr said:

Training camp or OTA's ? The FO/coaching staff has never had a problem with Lynch missing OTA's. They accomodate him that way very well.

kf3339

Reaction score
I just wonder how much of these negotiations may be happening because of that last play at the one yard line. It's possible Lynch feels like may fans and some Hawk players that he was deprived the ball for reasons other than the "best play call" as PC has claimed.

So is this the front offices way of reaching out not only to Beastmode, but the other players by showing them all how important they feel he is as well? Something to think about if you ask me.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Not any different than what LaCanfora reported

I imagine it will be front loaded in 2015 since it's a good possibility he retires after this year.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
How long do we think the FO should wait before we move on?

Rob12

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2adp9823 said:
How long do we think the FO should wait before we move on?

I read somewhere that JS wanted an answer by March 10, so that's the date I'm going by. If Lynch hasn't made up his mind by then, move on.

I love the dude, and I typically **** a big pile of bricks when I think of this team without him, but important decisions need to be made by then as far as scouting the draft goes. I know he's ailing a bit, but he should know what's up within three weeks time.

That's a lot of green for a running back. Take the money Marshawn, and let's do it again next year.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If the FO knows that Lynch is in the fold for at least another season then they would be able to draft Gurley if he is available and give him time to rehab. If Lynch is still non committal at draft time then they will be forced to pick another direction because Gurley wouldn't be ready to go in time.