Frank Clark

RW92

Reaction score
From what I've seen of Frank Clark, it won't be long before this "Man Child" is an every down player. His upper body strength and athleticism gives him the ability to crush and decompose the offensive lineman in front him right back into the quarterback. This man will soon wreck havoc out there on every Sunday.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Hmm... don't we already have at least one primary Frank Clark thread?
The guy is a bum, he'll probably never get more than 15 or 20 sacks in a season.
His run defense is suspect too; opposing running backs are averaging over 1 yard per carry with FC in the lineup.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
BlueTalon":3gl9uxjc said:
He is anything but a bum. As for the other stuff, give it a little time.

olyfan probably should have used the /sarcasm sign. The "allowing more than 1 yard per carry" comment was a good tip off.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2v2hfb1a said:
BlueTalon":2v2hfb1a said:

olyfan probably should have used the /sarcasm sign. The "allowing more than 1 yard per carry" comment was a good tip off.
LOL, yep, I caught on to his jabs right off. :lol:

olyfan63

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3exsdqdt said:
bmorepunk":3exsdqdt said:
BlueTalon":3exsdqdt said:

I was kinda hoping my sig would give it away too, FC is my Adopt-A-Rookie. I have been absolutely floored by the great preseason he is having vs. the run. We knew he'd pressure the QB, but I didn't know he'd play the run so well. Wow!!
And if the "bum" only gets 15 or 20 sacks a season... 20 sacks would be #1 in the NFL about 2/3 of the time over the last 15 years.

He's been playing a lot of 3-tech, so I may need to change my sig to reflect that.

Polk738

Reaction score
I would love to see him get Defensive Rookie of the Year, watching the game last night it seems he was in on almost every QB pressure or in the backfield, his bull rush is almost a thing of beauty to watch.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
He won't get DROY, he doesn't start. But he might very well be the biggest defensive talent in the draft. From what I've seen so far I'd only take Leonard Williams over him as this year's best defensive draft pick and he's projected as the overall best player of this draft so that's not really all that bad.

If either Avril or Bennett departs Clark will be a damn good replacement at the very least.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
olyfan63":2p9cwm57 said:
The guy is a bum, he'll probably never get more than 15 or 20 sacks in a season.
His run defense is suspect too; opposing running backs are averaging over 1 yard per carry with FC in the lineup.
We do but it's more a game day thread. By the way Frank is going to be fighting NoE for rookie of the year. Damn are we spoiled or not?

Hawks46

Reaction score
olyfan63":25ve2fhb said:
scutterhawk":25ve2fhb said:
bmorepunk":25ve2fhb said:
BlueTalon":25ve2fhb said:

I was kinda hoping my sig would give it away too, FC is my Adopt-A-Rookie. I have been absolutely floored by the great preseason he is having vs. the run. We knew he'd pressure the QB, but I didn't know he'd play the run so well. Wow!!
And if the "bum" only gets 15 or 20 sacks a season... 20 sacks would be #1 in the NFL about 2/3 of the time over the last 15 years.

He's been playing a lot of 3-tech, so I may need to change my sig to reflect that.

Actually, if you watched his Michigan tape, he was always damn good against the run. The question was pure pass rush on the edge, and he didn't seem to show much of a counter move in college. Both those things are nitpicky as there's a ton of guys in college that don't (and don't need to) develop a counter move. He still got home to the QB plenty. English seems to know more about his tape than most, so I'll accede to him on this, but I've watched a bit.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Didn't watch his Michigan tape, but his NFL tape so far is looking pretty darn good.
FieldGulls has a terrific breakdown of his plays against Denver, here:
http://www.fieldgulls.com/football-brea ... ts-broncos

I took a liking to him after researching his situation in the "character" threads. Whatever did or didn't happen (let's keep that in the other threads) I thought he conducted himself very, very well in the aftermath of the summary judgments and media firestorm that were brought to bear against him. The experience probably made him a better person and player.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I have loved what Lockett has brought but Clark is the most impressive rookie I have seen for us. He is just dominant!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
olyfan63":1kjkyuum said:
scutterhawk":1kjkyuum said:
bmorepunk":1kjkyuum said:
BlueTalon":1kjkyuum said:

The only reason I'm not surprised by his run stopping is because Rob Rang commented more than once about his power, quickness and lateral agility making him more suited to run stopping than speed rushing. As usual, Rang is correct.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
olyfan63":10bdrmqq said:
I'm glad to have an alternative. I'd prefer to read what folks think about the man as a player without having to wade through 75 posts of people whining about what some reporter said in a stupid headline.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
hawknation2015":203nkyxn said:
Game wasn't on till 0100 this morning here in Kentucky so I haven't been able to watch the whole thing yet, but I did see up to Frank Clark's strip/sack in the end zone while I was eating my cereal this morning and I got to see that play ... I don't know if Oakland's O-line is really bad, but jeez Clark looked unblockable. Our whole front 7 looks like they may not be playing second fiddle to The Legion this year.