How did Wilson do calling protections

Anthony!

Reaction score
HawkGA":yrssm5xu said:
Anybody know how to judge this?

Hard to judge when the lien was missing its assignments all night. You can call it right but the line still needs to execute.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
It certainly didn't go well. Near impossible to know if it was on him without a detailed knowledge of what he called and what the Oline tried to do.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Thankfully nobody outside of the teams knows. One of the challenges of being a fan is being kept on the outside when it comes to a lot of stuff, but that's just a necessary part of also keeping the opposing teams on the outside. I look forward to some interesting 30 for 30 episodes way down the road.

jonkchar

Reaction score
I think I read somewhere that one of the coaches (maybe Cable) said it could have been better or something like that. Could be on Wilson

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Actually the process of the question doesnt seem that complex to answer.

To simplify ask your self these two questions?

How many pressures were from blown blocks aka alinemen losing the battle?

How many pressures were from free rushers who werent blocked at all?

My recollection of the game was there were a lot of blown blocks/lost battles and only a few times that rushers came in freely.

So I would say Wilson and Nowak did a fairly decent job, not necessarily good or great, at communicating the protections.

Definately something that will improve each game but yeah, knowing is half the battle, the line obviously has to execute to complete the task.