Time to panic? Not me. Looking at the big picture

cesame

Reaction score
Obviously after 2 games the Seahawks are 0-2 and not firing on all cylinders yet.

BUT

We haven't even seen the team at home yet. As we all know this is a much different team at home, and guess what, the next 2 games are at home

Chicago - W (Chicago isn't very good)
Detroit - W (MNF at the CLink)

It's practically a guarantee this team will be 2-2 after 4 weeks. Looking past that could easily see them being 5-3 going into the bye week with Romo and Dez out in the Dallas game. If Seattle can't beat that Dallas team w/o Romo and Dez then what the hell is this team then? It's not even a 10AM game; It's a 1:25pst kickoff.

The next 3 games after the bye week? All at home. First game after the bye week is at home in primetime on SNF vs Arizona. Win. Games vs the 49ers and Steelers follow that. 49ers is an easy win, and the team will pull it out vs the Stealers to move their record to 8-3 with 2 tough road games @ Minnesota and @ Baltime. THAT WILL BE THE SEASON.

Time to panic? Not me. I have the team at 8-3 with 5 games remaining after that.

Hate me, Debbie Downers :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
C

cesame

Reaction score
Oh it's booked

Seahawks win both games by 10+

strohmin

Reaction score
We looked bad too, so I don't know how you can call Detroit and Chicago easy wins.

ringless

Reaction score
strohmin":2swxvtkd said:
We looked bad too, so I don't know how you can call Detroit and Chicago easy wins.

Chicago will certainly be an easy win. They look like crap. They have no playmakers on that team. Seattle > Arizona, and Arizona is clearly > Chicago.

The only way Chicago even wins is some crazy any given Sunday event, and in the unlikely event that happened heads would roll.

OP
OP
C

cesame

Reaction score
strohmin":4pxjp4yq said:

Seattle hasn't looked bad (at least as bad as Chicago)

Believe it or not, Seattle has actually had the lead in the 4th Q vs the Rams and Packers. They're just not finishing on the road right now.

They'll come home and "get right", and then go from there. Still so early in the season.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
strohmin":3fon8k3q said:

Um because we look MUCH better than those teams AND we are at home. DUH.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
strohmin":3tbljcby said:

We did?

We had the lead in the 4th Quarter in Lambeau.

But lots of teams go into Lambeau and kick the Packers in the teeth.

wait....

OP
OP
C

cesame

Reaction score
The Bears are 0-2 and lost both games at home. That is an easy W for Seattle next week.

And who here wants to predict Seattle loses to Detroit in primetime on MNF in Seattle? Not me.

2-2 with the next game @ Cincinnati

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
TheRealDTM":td0olek3 said:
2-2 is a shit record

You know what's worse? 0-4. Take what you can get, and you are gonna get 2-2 AND LIKE IT!

OP
OP
C

cesame

Reaction score
So the Seahawks are 2-2. Here are the next 7 games.

@ Cincinnati (10AM start)
Carolina
@ San Francisco
@ Dallas (1:25PM)
BYE
Arizona (MNF)
San Francisco
Pittsburgh

I have Seattle losing to Cincinnati and then running off 6 in a row. San Francisco is not good and Dallas is w/o Romo and Dez. If Seattle can't win that...

I have 8-3 after 11 games. I'll take Seattle over Pittsburgh with the game being in Seattle.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
cesame":1w9jd5xe said:

Carolina
@ San Francisco
BYE
Arizona (MNF)
San Francisco
Pittsburgh

I have Seattle losing to Cincinnati and then running off 6 in a row. San Francisco is not good and Dallas is w/o Romo and Dez. If Seattle can't win that...

I have 8-3 after 11 games. I'll take Seattle over Pittsburgh with the game being in Seattle.

Those are 5 playoffs games. We are 0-2, I wouldn't count any of them as wins until proven otherwise.

OP
OP
C

cesame

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":882l90di said:
cesame":882l90di said:

Carolina
@ San Francisco
BYE
Arizona (MNF)
San Francisco
Pittsburgh

Those are 5 playoffs games. We are 0-2, I wouldn't count any of them as wins until proven otherwise.

I'm not worried about being 0-2

MrThortan

Reaction score
I am not worried unless we lose to the Bears at home. If that happens, then I worry. I think we continue to get better as each week passes and by midseason are going to be a contending team. There are definitely some tough games in the future though.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Our O-line made some real progress yesterday. There were some nice pockets against a quality defense, and that's something we have't seen for a while. There were still major communication and recognition issues, and we took a step back in run blocking, but I'm encouraged.

They're like a rookie QB right now, they just aren't ready for the full playbook so we spoon feed 'em pablum til they can handle some spicier fare. We could look pretty good by midseason.