Biggest must win of the PC era

Rob12

Reaction score
A loss tomorrow torpedoes the season.

2-4 would be a disaster that I don't think this team would recover from. I think a win tomorrow gets the momentum ball rolling and I could see us making some big splashes. I still think this is a 10-11 win team, with an outside shot at 12 wins.

But a loss tomorrow? On to 2016.

If this Panthers team comes in and gets a win in our house... Well, this team simply will prove the naysayers wrong.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't think this game could be any more backbreaking than last week was. I think if Seattle drops this game and ends at 7-9 on some worst case scenario season, we'd look back at the Bengals loss as the seminal moment.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
kearly":3amjzlpo said:
I don't think this game could be any more backbreaking than last week was. I think if Seattle drops this game and ends at 7-9 on some worst case scenario season, we'd look back at the Bengals loss as the seminal moment.

This is very rare, but I disagree, kearly. This looks to be the last really tough game in a while. There's a huge difference in my eyes between being 3-3 and 2-4.

3-3 means you can start the season anew. It's a clean slate, of sorts.

2-4? Not so much.

Losing to the Panthers at home would be much worse than last week, IMO. Not many expected the Hawks to win last week. They should have, but didn't. This Carolina team coming in here is a soft 4-0, and quite honestly, they have no business winning tomorrow's game.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Regular season? Eh, mayyyybe. Obviously, every post-season game is a "must-win" by virtue of the one-and-done format. And what about the Rams game in 2010 to decide the division? It literally does not get much more "must-win" than that.

But yeah, hard to imagine them recovering from 2-4. Would basically have to go 8-2 the rest of the way to have a shot (which wouldn't necessarily be impossible).

For me, biggest must-win regular season game of the PC era (besides that 2010 St. Louis game):

-- 2012 @ Bears. They were 6-5 and reeling from a brutal loss to Miami. Suspensions for Sherman/Browner announced after the Miami game. If we lose to the Bears in OT, that season spirals out of control, and we may never have experienced the Super Bowl era as we know it. As must-win as it gets, and in retrospect, probably the biggest regular season win ever.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3f1wj2vo said:
Regular season? Eh, mayyyybe. Obviously, every post-season game is a "must-win" by virtue of the one-and-done format. And what about the Rams game in 2010 to decide the division? It literally does not get much more "must-win" than that.

But yeah, hard to imagine them recovering from 2-4. Would basically have to go 8-2 the rest of the way to have a shot (which wouldn't necessarily be impossible).

For me, biggest must-win regular season game of the PC era (besides that 2010 St. Louis game):

-- 2012 @ Bears. They were 6-5 and reeling from a brutal loss to Miami. Suspensions for Sherman/Browner announced after the Miami game. If we lose to the Bears in OT, that season spirals out of control, and we may never have experienced the Super Bowl era as we know it. As must-win as it gets, and in retrospect, probably the biggest regular season win ever.

Great call on that 2012 Bears game.

I just don't think the season can be saved at 2-4.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Rob12":qp3vwglt said:

Yeah, I think we're all definitely looking toward 2016 at 2-4...I'm with you there.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1d79cwlf said:
Rob12":1d79cwlf said:

Yeah, I think we're all definitely looking toward 2016 at 2-4...I'm with you there.

On the bright side, brother... I'll be there tomorrow in Section 241. And when I'm at games, the Hawks are 9-0. So there's that. And honestly, this Carolina team is the perfect team, at least in my eyes, for the Hawks to blow out. It should be one of the games where the rest of the league says, "Uh, oh. The Seahawks are awake."

I'm calling 34-6.

kearly

Reaction score
Rob12":2p4p4g5c said:

2-4? Not so much.

Right now the 6th playoff team in the NFC is the 2-2 Vikings. So even at 2-4, I wouldn't fold on the season.

I think Seattle rocks Carolina anyway.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":3cygw39j said:
Rob12":3cygw39j said:

2-4? Not so much.

Right now the 6th playoff team in the NFC is the 2-2 Vikings. So even at 2-4, I wouldn't fold on the season.

I think Seattle rocks Carolina anyway.
Agreed, we're on the cusp of a classic long win streak. Just look how our schedule shakes out in combination with certain players coming back while most real NFC contenders are beat up and starting to face actual competition.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
We start losing our home games then the season is sunk. We just arnt playing well enough to win much away from the clink.

Today's game is huge as far as shaping my outlook on the season. I need to see improvement.

Largent80

Reaction score
Actually I feel last weeks game was a step forward in a few ways.

The huge first half they actually LOOKED like the Seahawks.

The 2nd half was a lesson that the coaches (all of them) had to have learned something from. There was much done wrong in that 2nd half which hopefully woke the sleeping beast.

We are simply going to expose Carolina today.

seabowl

Reaction score
Rob12":1p4eo9f7 said:
A loss tomorrow torpedoes the season.

2-4 would be a disaster that I don't think this team would recover from. I think a win tomorrow gets the momentum ball rolling and I could see us making some big splashes. I still think this is a 10-11 win team, with an outside shot at 12 wins.

But a loss tomorrow? On to 2016.

If this Panthers team comes in and gets a win in our house... Well, this team simply will prove the naysayers wrong.

Being a Hawk fan since 1983, the biggest must win game was on 2/2/14. That will be the biggest must win in the teams history. I do know what you meant but there was no bigger must win then XLVIII.

Chawker

Reaction score
Traditionally the Seahawks aren't a fast starting team, over the years its not uncommon for us to start off the season with a 2-4 record and come on late to finish with a good record.
Even "if" we drop to a 2-4 record we'll fight to the finish. It's the Seahawk way.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":p6z51ips said:

I mean, 2-4 in what arguably should be 1-5 .. yeah I'd be about ready to give up on the year.

This is a must win game no matter how you slice it .. will be interesting to see how Carolina approaches it, since we've been the same type of thorn in their ass that the Rams are to us .. they have us on the ropes and I'm sure they know it.

Nerve racking match-up.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Chawker":3r5qswer said:
Traditionally the Seahawks aren't a fast starting team, over the years its not uncommon for us to start off the season with a 2-4 record and come on late to finish with a good record.
Even "if" we drop to a 2-4 record we'll fight to the finish. It's the Seahawk way.

What years are those? The Erickson years when we'd rally to finish 7-9/8-8? No Pete Carroll team has started 2-4.

Chawker

Reaction score
Starting 2-4 this team is capable of ripening off a 10 game winning streak, we'd finish the season with a 12-4 record. You know its very possible, then this discussion would be rather silly. Wouldn't you agree?

Latest posts